Buy a PS3, or wait and save for a PS4

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by thunder117, Jun 22, 2014.

1. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    I am confused atm. I have a 360 (I know, stupid idea), and have been wanting to play multiplayer for free for years. But now that the PS4 is out, should I just wait and buy that, due to the better gaming and transitioning that is going to happen? Or screw the new PSN, and buy a PS3 with free online and hope that people will stick to their old system?

And if I were to get a PS3, which version is the most favored?

2. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    PS4 is still pretty young and doesn't have much games right now. What games are you planning to buy, anyway?
    Personally I'd suggest getting a gaming PC but if that's not an option go for the PS3 Slim.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

You know that you need PS+ to play PS4 games online right? So you wont escape paying for online with the PS4. As for the PS3 model I'd say a slim one with a large hard drive. Though personally I would just say go next gen.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd say at this pint you might as well buy a PS4. Some of the best games of the PS3 are coming to it and rumor has it there will be others (like an Uncharted collection). I'd say the best games you would be missing out on are Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry 3 (but with 4 coming out, you will get that experience), God of War III, MGS4, Deus Ex, and the Arkham series. And that is provided those don't get ported either.

5. WreckerZero

WreckerZero Starring Jason Statham as Impactor

I say wait a few years for the console to get a decent library, also wait for services like PS now to be implemented.

Also I know it's been said but playing online isn't free, the bonus thing is that you'll be getting two games on psn a month to download and keep as long as you have a ps+ sub.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

for the ps4, wait until January 2016. by then there should be a good library of titles on it.

for now, go for the ps3. with a large memory space. and there is a LOT of good games on the ps3.

7. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

I find the best way to determine what to buy is to find out first what you want to play

Make a list of what you want to play on either console and decide from there which is the most desirable to you.

8. AMG

AMG Old School

Grab a PS3 (with it's free online) and enjoy all those great games you missed.

9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Wait. I just bought a PS3. It's a great console and has a lot of great games. I have already more games, than I can probably play in the next 5 years. I bought a PS2 also, when the PS3 already was out. It's cheaper and you get all the games.

And seriously... I don't know what for I would need a better console right now. I think the PS3 still rocks. I have no need in better graphics. It's OK if they someday can make ultra realistic graphics, but who needs that? It's OK in some games.. but video games shouldn't look like movies.

I have also PlayStation Plus. Cool deals. And in addition in Xperia Lounge you sometimes get free stuff as well, like 6 movies I for free recently, which I then downloaded on the PS3 and watched at the big screen :) 

I for one, will buy a PS4 earliest in 4 or 6 years. Maybe 8.

And get a 12GB PS3 Super Slim. I did the same. In addition a hdd-frame and a 500GB SATA 2,5" hdd and inserted it. It automatically is formatted, the data transferred and you get a PS3 much cheaper than if you buy a 500GB PS3. And you'll have then 512GB, because the HDD in the Super Slim is additional.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd wait.

11. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Just wait. The PS4 and any game that's worth playing (not very many for the next few months at the least) will still be there in the future and will have reduced in price by then too.

A PS3 will tide you over in the mean time :2c: 

12. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot ignore the post #'s

Wait. Definitely wait. Buying a past gen console now may seem like a good idea because of the large library, but soon you'll want all the new things about the new console.

13. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    There's not much on the device currently. People are so desperate for games to play on the new current gen consoles that even a terrible game like Murdered: Soul Suspect can top the charts.

14. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

stick with your 360 , you'll be much happier.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Get a PS3 for cheap, play through the library of exclusives, be done by mid-2015, buy PS4, catch up on current gen titles. Pretty straightforward.

16. thunder117

Ebay:
    I like the idea of the massive library PS3 has, but I'm kind of in gaming for the multiplayer, not mainly just the campaign and such.

How big would you guys say is the online audience for PS3 going to stay at for the time being?

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Depends on what games you're hoping to have an audience with.

18. thunder117

Ebay:
    I'm usually gunning for shooters. Of course, should a game be full of limitless fun like Super Smash Bros., I may take interest.

19. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wait for PS4 and get PS Plus. When PS Now comes out,you can look at the price of renting or buying a used PS3.

20. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a PS3 would be your best option.