Buster Prime Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mach, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    As pimpin's as this is I am going to pass. I'm more than happy with the Hasbro release and plan on getting guns for him elsewhere.

2. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

So this will not be a mass release in the US??

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Hmm. I have to be honest here....I don't want it.

I love the head, though I would like it to have a removable faceplate. (On it's own, not a problem.)

I think the addition of a transforming gun is great, but it's not what I was expecting. (Not a problem, really. It's just that some of the fan weapons have been really top notch.)

I think the paint's a bit too fancy, too delicate to have on a figure like Optimus. (Optimus is one of those figures that once you get the hang of it, you want to transform him, you want to tinker with him. Paint like that says "Hands off!" Not to mention, it makes it look more like a model and less like an action figure.)

If it was just one of those things, I would say "Oh what the hell." Throw together that mix and it's just not the right purchase for me. I do love Takara's pinstriping, it's gorgeous. I love the silver, to an extent, and the chrome looks great, but will probably chip to hell and back.

I'll stick with the US original. Sure, it's not perfect, and you have to add in the missing paint apps (which, believe me, ain't nothin' to worry about. That can all be done in maybe two hours, if you know what you're doing.) But he looks more like a toy, more like he's supposed to. This guy looks like he stepped right off the screen, or out of a model kit, and that's fine, but for me and at that price, I just can't justify the $100+

I do hope everyone else enjoys him though, as a display piece, he looks like a true work of art.

EDIT: muted colors. That's what I was looking for. I prefer the muted colors on the Hasbro version.

4. Luxor

Luxor Office Ninja

He's quite busty

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    WOW. He looks good, but the sacrifice of a gun comes at a broken looking gas tank in vehicle mode (not that mine would ever be in that much but..)

My original release is just fine with me, however i may jump if I see it on clearance...MAYBE. It wont be my first choice though.

Good luck getting it for those who do want it though! =D

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damnit...so much potential wasted by the paintjob.

The silver EVERYWHERE is HORRIBLE..this is a good example why I normally don't really want chromed parts..stuff that is so shiny looks way off on a plastic toy.

The white outlines around the flames are bad as well..the outlines are very thin on the real truck,, but because the toy is so small they stand out much more..

And finally, the WORST thing is the way they painted the eyes. UGH.

I was really going to buy this one, but the paintjob ruined it for me. I'm going to wait and see if it will change before it gets released..or wait for a Hasbro release.

7. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Definitely looks like a Premium Prime to me! What I want Hasbro to do is bring this Stateside w/ the faceplate (mouth looks silly). And for Premium Megatron, DO NOT USE THE LEADER MOLD! Leader class Megatron looks NOTHING like the movie character in robot mode or tank mode. Take the Voyager mold, enlarge it by 20% (if the KO people can do it, Hasbro should be able too), and paint it a smokey gunmetal grey.

8. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not really sold on the silver here either; it's too bright, and is turning what should be a background colour and making it overpowering. I look at this guy, and all I see is silver, rather than red or blue. Hasbro's dull grey isn't perfect either, but I like it more than this.

If Hasbro or Takara could produce a Prime whose metallic parts actually look like the Photoshopped image on the back of the box, then that'd be ideal, but if it's going to be one or the other, I'll stick with the one I have.

9. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow! These pics look great... but the official photos usually look way better than the mass release photos (remember the beautiful breakaway photos). I definitely want buster prime but I need to see the actual version that i'll be getting not these great photos that have probably been photoshopped.

10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Takara release naked face version. Then Hasbro will do another one replace with face plate in the future.

Then finally, as people wish, Masterpiece edition, with open/close face plate, double guns, trailer, etc. Probably during the 3rd film.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the design of the head without the faceplate in the actual movie, but on the toy the sculpt just looks...meh.

12. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, this is the best movie Prime ever.

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    If optics light up blue and they added rubber tires, then maybe.

14. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    someone who gets this and doesn't want the head? PM me! i'll take a spare!

-A.S.

15. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

That's pretty awesome looking, alot of detail pops out. Would love to see it with a mouthguard.

16. <3prime

<3prime Banned

where can i preorder this?

17. Cliffjumper1978

Cliffjumper1978 Well-Known Member

I hope Hasbro's version keeps the original colors, the silver on this seems overdone

18. AMG

AMG Old School

He looks good, love the movie accurate BFG.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I think the only possible way they could ever top this version of Prime is to incorporate a lot of the additional transformation bits that we originally saw in the prototype that Hasbro later decided to scrap, revise the cab interior so that it's parts-free and can hold passenger figures along with details like steering wheels & seats, add a retractable faceplate, and replace the plastic tires with rubber. Considering how far they came and how insanely accurate they got just with this Leader size, I'm pretty confident that a larger size class or Masterpiece version will be the ultimate money shot.

Between this figure, the Voyager and undoubtedly the Leader version of Starscream, and the HA figures, it's cool to finally see how all these CGI models could actually look, function & transform in the real world without sacrificing or cheating too much.

20. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

And at the beginning against Demolisher and at the end when combined with Jetfire.