Bumblebee's true nature in Preadacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ChevellePrime, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ChevellePrime

ChevellePrime NAIL

Let me first start to say that Transformers:p rime is by far one of my favorite shows of transformers fiction of all time. i loved the show. i loved every minute of it. there are some things about the show that i didnt like though. one of them was the bumblebee with no voice. i find the fact that megatron crushed his voice box and in the end SPOILER ALERT, bumblebee was the one to "kill" megatron in the series finale. i thought that was a great full comming of a long time plot point. but i would of perfered a regular bumblebee who was a good little scout with a voice who probobly had to give up his innocence for this war. i would of like to seen some conversations between him and the rest of the crew.but in preadcons rising he had his voice box back intact (side note: I LOVED WILL FREDLE AS HIS VOICE) he was able to actrully interact normally. i truly admired the way he thought and spoke and his mannerism of planning. making be to believe that he should truly be the next prime, even though the matrix was destroyed. he reacted under pressure and truly made me believe that he is a autobot warrior and regret that this wasnt the bumblebee we had all 3 seasons long ( especially with that voice). im just curious of what other people thought about the bumblebee we saw in preadacons rising in comparison of what the show gave us.

2. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    PR BB > R2B2
    Although I didn't really have a problem with Mute!Bee.

3. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I didn't even like Prime and I liked Will as BB.

So there.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If some one tortured me and mutilated my body and left me disabled, killed millions or billions, and left a whole planet dead, if I had the chance to kill them I think I would.

I don't see why even a good little scout character wouldn't do that he's a military scout, if they encounter opposition they have to defend themselves if not their information will never reach their troops.

I don't like the mute bee though.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Predacons Rising Bumblebee is my favorite Bumblebee. Why couldn't we had you speaking in the begining? you could have been the definitive Bumblebee?

6. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I liked Bee much better after he could talk. The thing is, he was never really that innocent. He just sounded innocent because we couldn't understand him, and it wasn't until the last episode/PR that we got to know him better.

Look at what he did in Operation Bumblebee. He disobeys both Ratchet and Optimus' orders, breaks into MECH, and completely rips the place apart. Flinging MECH members across the room so hard they're cracking glass and crushing them with debris. Killing Megatron for dooming him to lord knows how long with no voicebox seems pretty in-character to me.

7. ChevellePrime

ChevellePrime NAIL

Maybe innocent wasnt the best word to use. I feel like immature is a better term to use since he disobeied prime and ratchet.

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    yes immature seems right. I guess once Smokescreen joined they were free to give him some more maturity as SS took the 'rookie" place.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

And yet Smokescreen was already a full-fledged warrior with Elite Guard training, despite being a 'rookie', while Bee was still working his long, long way to warrior.

And that's the only reason I didn't like Bee in PR. He gets his "knighthood" ceremony and now is suddenly "de facto leader since Ultra Magnus got taken outta the fight again" when most signs and even Dying Optimus (who could've just been making the best of a bad situation with nobody else nearby, but still played it straight) were pointing towards him being Prime material--especially since he was basically a surrogate Hot Rod.

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was my favourite part of Predacons Rising, nuff said.

11. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    PR Bee is probably my favorite animated bumble bee actually :0

12. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

PR Bumblebee was also MUCH easier to characterize. It's incredibly difficult to give development to a character that can't speak properly and has to rely on other people translating him all the time.

13. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    If I was PredaKing, I would pick up that object BumbleBee threatened PK with, grab the Bee- Bot by the throat and start striking the stick into his eyes. Then I would go further on his body. I think it can be called "Justice".

14. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I found Bumblebee irritating in Predacons Rising. Seems to me he now has an attitude.

15. NeoRanger

NeoRanger Well-Known Member

I blame Beast Hunters for being all over the place. Bumblebee's whole scout-to-warrior thing is a constant for his character throughout the series. He certainly has more experience, even if Smokescreen had the training. It seemed like his ruined voice-box was the thing that was holding him back.

It's a pity, actually, they could've got some pretty decent themes across with Mute 'Bee and his alleged leadership skills, but whatever; spending a season on the Predacons and going nowhere with them was apparently more important.

I liked voiced Bumblebee. The mute gimmick has been played out, even though I will say they did much better with mute 'Bee in Prime than they did in the LAM. One tiny thing I have an issue with is a mild disconnect between pre-voice 'Bee and his fully-voiced version: at times it's like watching a different character altogether. It's probably because while both versions show skill and similar characterization, mute 'Bee (in relation to hanging out with Raph as well) comes off a lot more youngster-like.

Still, all this is down to sloppy and inconsistent writing. I found the character himself enjoyable in both iterations and having a lot more potential and relatability/likeability once he started talking again. I wish they hadn't brought Megatron back; the series finale before PR was perfect.

16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was great in Predacons Rising, Will was the perfect choice to voice him. The idea of Bee being mute has been "way" overdone. It didn't bother me in the first movie, It was like... something unique about the character, but by the third movie? He "still" couldn't talk? It lost its charm. Prime's version of Mute bee didn't annoy me too badly, but I do wish they'd stop portraying him as mute. I'd prefer if Bumblebee could talk again, and maybe give the vocal glitch to "another" character.

I'm working on a series of Transformers stories, and I was thinking I'd give it to Blackout, like, he "used" to be able to talk, but due to an accident, he was rendered mute. Like he was in the first movie.

17. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I wish Bee had his voice from the very beginning. He's awesome!

18. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Having him "voiceless" for the three seasons was awful. It made him seem like a Pikachu character, IMO. Someone who's part of the team, but not fully.

I liked him in Predacons Rising, but him having ideas and planning things sort of came out of nowhere.

19. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

Bumblebee has always been, and will always be, better with a voice

20. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

By the time Predacons Rising came out, there was inevitably no time left for Prime to fully redeem itself after three straight seasons of hardcore stupidity. Nonetheless, I thought that Bumblebee was one of the only decent things about the movie, but, confusedly enough, it was still bad. He may have gotten half an hour of development and dialogue that characterized sufficiently for the first time ever, but it was just indicative to how sloppy and unreliable the writing of TFP actually is.

Having Bumblebee step up, however, couldn't have been as bad as the writers following through with their original plans to go full circle with Smokescreen's (embarrassingly stupid) "Chosen One," "Because Destiny Said So" character arc. And although there hasn't been direct commentary in regards to the weird execution of that (as in, face full of Smokscreen and then he's randomly out of the picture), nobody can convince me that the production team didn't initially and fully intended to go one-eighty with it. Smokescreen was definitely going to step up to Prime status at some point, evident enough solely by the countless instances of stereotypical character-shilling.

Inevitably, for some reason, they said "Hup, can't do that," and changed it around. It was good on one hand of them to somehow realize the pragmatic and sentimental terribleness that was Smokescreen, but it also succeeded in pointing out the laughable quality of the writing. So, all in all, Bumblebee's role in PR was simultaneously good and bad.

Leave it to the writers to damn themselves either way.