2D Artwork: BumblebeeFan71's Transformers Artwork

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by BumblebeeFan71, Feb 14, 2017.

1. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Gasp, Transformers pictures from me that doesn't involve my videogame AU! What are the odds?! :lol Okay in all seriousness, I decided I wanted to expand my horizons a bit. Sure I was getting good at drawing videogame characters as Transformers, but I never tackled drawing the Transformers themselves. Well I decided to change that by finally taking a crack at it.

So since it's Valentine's Day I figured I could do a picture of my OTP Optimus Prime and Elita-One. I really like them together and find so much story potential with the both being leaders. Kind of makes me a little sad that Elita is barely used these days (or portrayed as an unlikable psychopath) since I liked the idea of her leading the Autobots that remained on Cybertron after Optimus and his troop crashed on Earth. The two of them together is so bittersweet, having to fight in a war yet they deeply care for each other. I just love it! So this picture features Optimus receiving a surprise visit from Elita while the Autobots are out. Cheesy, yes, but hey I'm a sucker for this couple.:lol 

The amount of time it took me to make this picture was really long due to how much detail I decided to poor into it. I really wanted to capture that metallic look to the point I practically spent hours blending colors. As for the background of the Ark interior, I used a screenshot from the show as reference and recreated it to the best of my abilities. I think I'm quite proud how the picture came out but I'm wanting critiques so I can know what should be improved on in the future.

image24277.png

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not bad.

3. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks. So the metal effect is okay? That was one aspect of the picture I had constantly obsessed over, trying to capture that metallic look. As I pointed out in the previous post, I practically spent hours just blending the colors.

4. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh wow, that's really good! You captured the G1 design aesthetic really well, and I love the shading on the two of them. Hell, even the background looks superb

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Cute pic. :) 

6. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you, I'm happy to hear that I did a good job on the shading. I had used many references to get an idea for the angles and the Ark interior.

7. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Legacy):
    So this picture took quite a bit of time to make. So I decided to make a picture of my favorite human characters across the Transformers franchise consisting of Spike Witwicky from G1, Sari Sumdac from Transformers Animated, Cade Yeager from the movies, and Agent Fowler from Transformers Prime. Since they're all allies of the Autobots, I thought it would be neat to actually feature the planet Cybetron behind them. I used the reference from the G1 cartoon and admittedly had to pour tons of detail into it. As for the humans themselves, I debated whether to draw them in a realistic or G1 style. In the end I decided to go with G1. Spike and Agent Fowler were pretty easy to draw in this style, but I had to get a little creative with Sari and Cade, especially with Cade. Overall I'm happy with how it came out, but I'm willing to accept critiques to help myself improve in the future.

image24827.png

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They look good.

9. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks. I have to admit the hardest part was putting the details on Cybertron. It's not an exact match to the screenshot from the show but I think I got close enough.

10. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    I love the Optimus/Elita!

11. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome, i love op/eo pics :) 

12. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits: