Bumblebee will open on December 8th for an Early Access Showing

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Music, Nov 18, 2018.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, I'm excited NOW. I wasn't in the beginning. In fact, I had ZERO desire to go sit in a theater and see it. TLK left such a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't want to relive it. After seeing the trailers and reading Mr. Knight's love letter to the series and the fans, then and only then, did the outlook have any kind of rosiness to it.

I can't blame him for not being excited. I know plenty of fans who aren't excited and are sitting it out as a form of protest. I think it's pointless, really, but I can certainly see why they're negative. At times, the Bayverse has exceeded at doing one thing professionally and perfectly and that's stupidity. Those films are excellent at being utterly STUPID. Flashy, visually dizzying and incredibly stupid.

Bumblebee, for once, seems to have heart and intelligence behind all of the flashy visuals. That's what giving me hope, but for some, that's not enough after all this time. I don't blame them, either. It's been over a decade, now and until now, nothing's looked like it was going to change.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Mask-free zone Veteran

Just to point it out, I never initially mentioned any of the individual films in particular. I was just pointing out that there are many possible opinions as to what a good Transformers movie entails.

I'm not sure if I'll see the early showing. I haven't seen any showings in my area, but if there will be early showings, and I'm able to go, sure I'll go see it.

Do I know if Bumblebee will be a good or bad Transformers film? No, but I will give it a very fair shot regardless.

And that's the thing. If you want to form a valid opinion about a movie and give it a fair shot, then that can only be done by watching the movie when it comes out in theaters or on home media. Don't just read a Wikipedia or TFWiki description. I don't form opinions about films I've never seen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I literally joined the forums yesterday! I would be very glad to befriend the “multi quote”

• Like Like x 1
  4. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Chief, this off topic discussion ain't it.

On the actual topic of this thread, I think I might just wait for Dec 19/20 and watch Bee & Aquaman sequentially, I think that'd be cool.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

• Like Like x 2
  5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well you sort of implied you hate Bumblebee at first. Hell if I remember right, you said something along the lines of Travis Knight losing a lot of goodwill once. I'm not sure what exactly is bringing you back.

Can't say I blame them.

6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Heads up, early screening tickets just went up at West Chester 18! There are tickets available for the Cinemark in Florence as well.

And as for everyone else, it seems like they're still actively rolling out screenings. I wouldn't worry if your local theater hasn't received a showtime yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    The loss of goodwill was over the Blitzwing bullshit, which until the 8th we still don't even know if it was true or not since now it's possible BOTH Blitzwing and Starscream are in fact in the film and look identical for some reason.

Watching the movie people squirm about how much G1 there is in this and Travis at least paying lip service to the importance of the original incarnation, though, means I think the movie will at least be watchable. I legitimately do not think Bumblebee is going to do well, the taint from TLK simply ensures that much, but it'll get a good critical response.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought FIVE tickets for the early screening! It came to over 80 dollars!

It's still up in the air whether or not I'll actually end up going though. I'm still trying to work it out with friends, including who will drive us there. The theater is several hours from where I live, and I'm not used to driving outside of my city, so I'd prefer a carpool. I'm really hoping that we can find a way to make it happen, I think it would be a blast. If it doesn't work out, I'll just return the tickets and go on the 20th.

9. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

If they were to choose a male lead, it would be boring. It would be just another TF movie. The female part of the TF fandom is growing more and more. Theres so many women and girls out there who love TF. If your son can't relate, then a girl can. Whether or not its sexism doesnt matter, what matters is embracing the newly growing demographic. I personally welcome the lead as its a sight for sore eyes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tickets available for several DC area theaters as well.

Was even able to use one of my weekly AMC A-list reservations for it. So no extra $$ spent. Happy bday present to myself LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, when my friend & I finally got around to watching it after-hours of TFcon DC last year, we both were "Can we plz have those 2 hours of our lives back?"

12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Hopefully this means spoilers make their way online. I look forward to learning I and others were right about the identity of "Blitzwing" this whole time.

At this point I'm hoping the character actually is Blitz, because even if the design isn't, if it turns out they're wrong, It'll be incredibly awkward given just how many people bought into it without thinking. I mean I suppose at the end of the day the movie could call him Demolisher and it'd still be a Starscream design.

So you think the movie would be 'boring' because of the genitals of the human lead they chose? That sounds kind of sexist and also a bit creepy. Also the same argument could be applied to having a male lead ("If your daughter can't relate, then a boy can.), and it's a dumb argument anyways because kids can empathize with characters of a different species, it's a myth that people can't relate to characters that aren't like them. Only people who are extraordinarily self absorbed struggle to empathize and relate to characters that aren't like them.

Please stop with the white knighting, and this 'newly growing demographic' has been around since G1. They don't need you to stick up for them. :p 

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I think he meant it would be boring because we’ve seen the same thing so many times.

14. mnabiyein

mnabiyein Decepticon Samurai

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Soon the Bumblebee movie will be complete

15. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think you'd be that up in arms with a movie like Spider-Man Homecoming. Considering the movie has characters looking like one character only to be the other.

(E.g. Ned Leeds/Ganke Lee or Betty Brant/Gwen Stacy)

Also then how is Aquaman bouncing from a movie like Justice League then?

• Like Like x 1
  16. BayRules

BayRules Member

I think it's done.. Sound editor said they wrapped.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Yup it’s done!

• Like Like x 3
  18. BayRules

BayRules Member

We're days away from press screenings. Invitations were sent by Paramount early this week

• Like Like x 1
  19. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Source where did you hear this ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. BayRules

BayRules Member

I can't post links (new user), so...

DYLAN BROWNE (Youtube Critic) on twitter:

"Just Rsvp'd to something yellow and metal :D "

HARRIS DANG (Rotten Tomatoes critic) on twitter:

"Uh-oh, I think I said yes to a TRANSFORMERS film, thinking it was a documentary about bees(!)."

• Like Like x 1