Bumblebee: Transforming A Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    As long as its good and not pushy/preachy, I don't care. To me it is reminiscent of E.T and Iron Giant.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hadn't thought about the cost. CGI is getting cheaper and easier all the time though. The amount of it being used in new blockbusters is increasing all the time as well. You also get to save a packet by not paying for all those actors.
    I'm guessing the actors fee's in something like Infinity War are pretty insane by this point in the MCU - when you consider how much these big budget star's demand. The new Star Trek franchise is collapsing in a heap because they can't afford to pay the actors what they're demanding.
    It's really hard to find a decent figure for the cost of CGI in films though so no idea how much of say TLK's $260 million production budget went on CGI.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Venixion

News Credits:
    Anyway, I for one am glad that this upcoming movie seems to be from a place of love, inspired by the movies of their youth and it seems like it has a lot of heart.

I can't wait to see it. Though I don't think we'll go around Christmas-time. I really wish they hadn't chosen a major spendy-holiday and would move it to January instead.

I've always liked action stuff too, but then I grew up with toons where even cuddly pastel bears can battle evil forces.

I can't say if this movie will transform or refresh the movie side of this brand, but I hope it does for the better.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Venixion

News Credits:
    I'm also looking forward to the toys we get. If we end up with a Ravage toy that looks like a robotic panther instead of rectangles, that will just make my day. *rubs hands*

• Like Like x 2
  5. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    OK guys, as usual on these cases we ask you to keep on the Transformers discussion. Any other topic can be discussed outside our forums. Keep on topic and enjoy our franchise. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weebot the Robot

Weebot the Robot Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yo everybody calm down. I think Christina Hodson is right, Transformers is for everyone. It\'s a franchise about giant robots than battling it out in an ongoing war. It doesn\'t really matter who the humans are or if they are male or female.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Transformers4Life

Transformers4Life New Member

I’m sorry, but is everyone going to ignore the fact that she’s smoking hot? I’d love to see her in a Transformers movie.

8. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    Good for you.

For me it's because she's a great actress. She's fitting for teen role (she kind of looks like teen to me) & her acting in "The Edge of Seventeen" was great.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    He's objectifying Hodson and referring to her based on her looks as someone he wants to lust for on screen. Not Haley. Essentially debasing her to push her relevance on her physical appearance and not on her skills as a writer. Which is usually the markings of a precursor of comments that'll further debase her talent and push other industry obscenities and propaganda about how women get work in the industry to further demean her career. (Not saying this commentor would, only that we've seen that happen all too often across the board when young women become successful based on skill.) Which it's clear from the article she wants to be taken seriously on the merit of her work and skill.

Looking up Hodson on IMDB, I'm hoping this movie really pans out for her. She's potentially doing the script for Batgirl too now. So that makes me really excited to see how her work turns out. If Bumblebee is any indication, Batgirl should be completely full of heart with a healthy dose of action and relatable. So really hoping her career skyrockets from here with quality films based on her shown talent. From the looks of it, she's going to quickly become the "it" talent. Like how Abrams and Orci and Kurzman became. The go to when you need something to bring in truckloads of money. And that's amazing to see.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    It's almost like people don't understand the point of Transformers. They didn't make them humanoid for fun. They're meant to be relatable. The human characters aren't always the most relatable. Heck, there are whole shows, such as Beast Wars, without human characters, but they're still all humanoid robots.

This mentality for hiring people is just as bad as all the diversity hires.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    @Deadend oops, I didn't catch that.

Speaking of Hodson, it looks like she's also has screenwriter credit for upcoming Birds of Prey too.

I hope that this movie turns out good too. I kind of feeling a little bit cautious because of her past works weren't that good. I hope that's just a case of bad production, and not because of her.

@TCJJ sorry, I have to agree with him. Transformers movie without human can only works in animated film. People will complain about too much CGI if it was live action movie (look at Black Panther and Aquaman for example).

12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    That's got me excited to see how it turns out too. Nice to know she's handling both which bodes well for them being connected. Which also shows she's likely fully immersed in geek culture herself and the ins and outs of various characters probably more than most geeks.

And yeah, it does need humans to be a live action movie. Otherwise it's simply Final Fantasy: The spirits within with robots. A pure CG movie is an animated movie no matter how you look at it. But that being said, a pure CG movie has no expectation of realism either.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  13. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

Sigh. I hope this movie tanks even more now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    And here's the problem with this Transformers movie...

Maybe than Hasbro would stop pushing the small yellow autobot as if he's fricking Optimus Prime.

15. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the film is directly influenced by The Iron Giant, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura mentioned it before, and anyone remember Bee reassembling himself like the giant in TLK? though that could've been dropped.

16. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its not gonna tank if you believe that please give three legit reasons in why and not some half ass reasons

17. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I defended the first four Bay movies on the opinion that were entertaining "big dumb action movies" but i was kind of done after the last knight, too much integration with earth and human history. It was too much and i was not looking forward to bumblebee at all. Surprisingly, the trailers have looked pretty good! I'm interested, but i have hesitation we're being given the ol carrot and stick here. Carrot being awesome g1 looking robots, stick being even more focus on humans than before. Would just love a movie where the transformers were actual people/characters.

18. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from what i was told theres a bunch of robot screentime

19. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Three of the mods at separate times over the last two days (including me), have removed a number of posts because they were blatantly off-topic. Let’s please keep this on-topic moving forward. Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

What is political about the film?