Bumblebee Trailer LIVE

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right; the scene where she gets her first period is going to be a real downer for boy audiences...

Seriously, dude, deal with the fact that little boys can handle a female lead better than you can and move on. As far as toys go...they'll still be genderless (though obviously male interpreted) giant transforming weapons of mass destruction.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ?? Hailee Steinfield is 21 - exactly the same age Megan Fox was when she made the first Transformers film. Perhaps Hailee just seems so young because, like the rest of us, you have aged eleven years since then? :D 

I’m a bit baffled over all the debates I see everywhere a film as a female lead. It seems to be a bit of a self-perpetuating (or possibly conditioned) myth that boys don’t like stories about girls. When I was training to be a primary school teacher I was told as much by one of my lecturers: that boys only liked to read books with boy leads, but girls didn't mind. I never saw this in practise, though: boys got just as engrossed in Lyra’s adventures in His Dark Materials as those of Harry Potter, and enjoyed the BFG as much as George’s Marvellous Medicine.

Just give me a well-written film with characters I can care about and I will weep with joy that someone finally managed it in a TF movie. If they deliver that, parents who’d given up on the franchise despite a nostalgia for Transformers toys might come back and introduce more kids to it. As long as it’s exciting and has them concerned for the fates of likeable characters, boys will like it; we do a disservice to our gender to assum otherwise. :) 

• Like Like x 6
  3. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Technically, Megan Fox's character was probably supposed to be a teenager in the '07 movie. Weren't they in high school in that movie? If Sam went to college in 2009 (presumably at age 18), that would put them at about 16 or 17 in 2007. I'm really surprised this has slipped under the radar, considering how vocal people are about Tessa and even Izzy.

On a side note, I showed the trailer to some of my friends and most of them were onboard. One guy didn't like it and thought they should have hired someone "hotter" in the role. Ugh, I mean, the entire point is that she's supposed to be a normal everyday girl. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm a bit weirded out when they cast someone who looks like a supermodel in the role of a teen/young adult, especially one who's supposed to be fairly unremarkable. That would be like getting Chris Hemsworth to play Sam Witwicky, lol!

4. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What the hell are you talking about? In which movie was this revealed and to which movie’s Blu-Ray extras are you referring?

Searching Google for “Sam Witwicky created by Allspark” or “Transformers Sam Witwicky adopted” only turns up fan fiction results. If what you’re saying is actually movie canon then please provide more specific references.

You’re making a false assumption. See my post about a suggested storyline in this other thread.

5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but seemed pointless starting a new one. Just rewatched this (or rather it auto-played on YouTube), and noticed there's quite a bit that's not in the final movie.

The very first shot appears to be Bumblebee, presumably when he's just arrived from Cybertron, though the whole opening of the movie got altered in reshoots. There's also a shot of Charlie driving her brother in Bumblebee. And even the final shot in the teaser with JeepBee standing up after his fight with Blitzwing is different and at a different angle.

I hope we get to see some of the cut scenes, and scenes that were included in the pre-screening version as extras on the home release. Especially as fans will want to see Megatron.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Megatron was never in the movie. In an interview, It was stated that they storyboarded a scene with him (whether that was him in ice or cybetron, no idea) but it never started to be made with cgi. This pretty much means that its possible that even concept art of him may not exist, as a storyboard doesn't need a design to make. I would love to see the cut scenes, but Megatron definitely won't be something we see until they admit this is a reboot and make a new movie.

7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Was that shot of Charlie looking out at the water in the movie? I don't remember it...

8. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    The scene of him being frozen in hoover dam was shot and included in the test screenings.

• Like Like x 1
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    From all the test screening stuff i've read, they only mention him, not show him.

10. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Ye, they do.

Pre-screener differences: warning spoilers ahead

• Like Like x 4
  11. User_136440

News Credits:
    No, I didn't think it was either. I though it miGht be from the end when she dives in after Bumblebee, but then remember that was at night.

• Like Like x 1
  12. User_136440

News Credits:
    And there were quite a few reports of him being in the pre-screen looking g1-ish with the arm cannon at the time too. And the Tiny Turbo Megatron that's just popped up also seems to be a hint. Given the prevalent use of repaints in the line and Megatron already having two different moulds, I doubt they'd create a G1 homage just to fit in with the 80's theme, especially as Shatter and Dropkick didn't get new moulds at all (the Movie Edition branding also suggests that if they wanted to, they could just make a G1 branded wave for that purpose).

• Like Like x 1
  13. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, this was year ago now.
    How I remember watching this over and over and absolutely loving it! It got me so excited for the film and raised my hopes that this would be 'the one'. I remember also thinking that, this time next year, I'd actually own the film. Of course, the actual film more than lived up to the trailer!

• Like Like x 6
  14. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    :locked2: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.