Bumblebee, the failed leader

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    One of the more annoying subplots (if you can call it that) of AOE and TLK is the mentions of Bumblebee becoming Autobot leader in Optimus' absence. The thing is, we never see it happen, we just hear of it.

Hell, the first time we hear of it, Optimus has already resumed command, so we never see Bumblebee as a leader. When Optimus is captured by Lockdown, it's really Hound kinda leading the charge till they find him. Later during the Hong Kong battle, Hound once again is doing everything until Optimus gets back.

Then tie in material for TLK started trying to play Bee up as leader. In the film, once again, Bee never actually leads anything. It's really Cade in charge of the junkyard crew. Bee runs off to England and Crosshairs takes charge. Not that we see Crosshairs leading, mind you.

I think a lot of this is due to two factors:

1. He doesn't speak in either AOE or 99% of TLK. Therefore we can't hear him giving orders or anything when he plausibly could be in, I dunno, Cybertronian texts like in the 2007 DS games.
    2. Hasbro just wants to pimp him as usual. One man franchise and all.

I dunno. I don't even like the idea of him being second in command to Optimus. He's no BM Cheetor, for sure. Just here to share my thoughts on the failed attempts to present Bee as the new leader whenever Optimus isn't around.

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers films often have that "you say someone is something, they are...and if you don't believe them, they threaten to kick your @$$!"

Take Cade. He just keeps saying "I'm an inventor," and if you doubt him, he attempts to threaten you until you accept it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like its something they wanted to borrow from Prime/ RID, but that only worked in the show once Bee started talking. They probably didn't have time to flesh it out in the movies in way that would be understandable to the general audience, so like many other things they just have characters briefly mention it. Man I know the tie comics and stuff weren't technically cannon but they were great for stuff like this.

4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i think bee suffers from the 'substitute teacher syndrome' no matter how hard he tries no one will take him seriously & everyone will act up til prime gets back

• Like Like x 1