Bumblebee spinoff budget

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nick2017, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Budget sounds about right for a film with BB mostly in car mode and radio talking still.
    Most of that budget I expect will get used on the decepticons. Barricade seems likely with the motif of muscle car and police car.
    So I think we may still have some car chase stuff, but this film overall seems more like a character piece that'll focus on BB's recuperation from years on the run and fighting. Probably nearing the point he gives up on his scout mission or has given up, and is stumbled on by this auto maintenance class.

Kind of breakfast club meets Herbie, with a dash of classic driving/chase movies.

Neither were on earth yet at this point.

The movie isn't even released yet. You haven't read a script. You have no idea what they're planning or how they planned it. How do you know it's not quality? I think you need to stop talking non-sense and let them do their thing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ryan1986

Ryan1986 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yikes a transformers movie with only 2-3 robots sounds horrific. haven't even seen a shot of footage and im out already.

3. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:

DOTM established that Soundwave and Laserbeak had been on Earth since the 70s doing behind the scenes dealings with NASA. If he was on Earth, it's likely Starscream was there too based on the secret history pictures we saw in TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also pretty much every flying transformer can leave Earth and come back whenever he/she wants.

5. Tigressa101

Tigressa101 Leader

I would have given him a $100 million budget. If he can impress me with this movie, not only would I want him back but I would commend him for succeeding as CGI costs are a bitch. 

I also would not mind if he maybe had Wasp as the anti-hero or villain as I do wish for Wasp to upgrade from a canon immigrant from Animated. He would probably be a good challenge for Bumblebee in the long run since they have something similar to that of a sibling rivalry despite not being related at all.

6. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Good. You don't need a billion dollars to make a great movie. Hopefully this constraint will lead to a more creative approach in producing this bitch.

Hahaha yea no kidding. Fucking autobots are commiting genocide.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    Less is more, they'll have to be creative with these limitations, we might actually get a good movie out of this. As long as Bumblebee isn't a Minion with a gun and there's a proper Decepticon villian then do whatever man.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Has likely offended u. Sorry!

Called it when TLK was tanking: the poor performance of TLK has killed the budget for the BB movie. :( 

The way I see it, the director has two choices: either cut the CG dramatically (i.e. a BB movie with almost no BB), OR redesign the TF characters a little. If he redesigns the ridiculous Bay-formers to be more modest (i.e. more G1), they'd be considerably cheaper to create and he could feature more robot screen time. All those rotating bits and pieces on Bay-formers cost a small fortune to produce, so they are (and have always been) incredibly stupid - I'm certain the CGI models from Bay-formers are so complex that even Bay has to limit the TF screen time and fill the movie with stupid jokes and human scenes.

The REAL PROBLEM here is that Travis is working in Bay's TF world - the majority of us loathe that world (for a good number of reasons; read some official movie critic reviews for an idea), but Paramount is determined to continue that universe. If Travis sticks to Bay-bots and Bay-world, the small budget will destroy the film's chances of success. Bay's world requires a lot more money.

So again, the director has a choice: continue the course and risk obvious failure.... or do something very different, and maybe even make some new designs for the TFs. At $70(+) million budget, I think it might be difficult to explain all of this to Paramount, becaust it's still a good chunk of change. There's a lot of pressure here on the director, and I can't help but think that this small budget and the idiotic studio expectations are going to ruin him (and the film).

A small budget for a Bay TF film? Yeah, that's called a RELAUNCH. :rolleyes2  But they most likely won't be rebooting anything. :eek: 
    Still, here's hoping this new director can take some of Bay's ideas and make something intelligible. Though I bemoan the unlikely scenario of success, it is not completely impossible (rather improbable) for the new BB movie to do something right and hit a chord with audiences.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZapRowsdower

But isn't his co-star a girl? There's a scary possibility that they'll make this movie more girl-friendly... which can be bad, if you look at the current animated Disney movies. Because if they choose to go for the female demographic, they could make some significant changes that make the film... well, more chick-flick, to be frank. :(  And a chick flick does not need a lot of action; it needs a lot of drama, and themes of friendship and sisterhood (i.e. Frozen).

I'm not being ridiculous here: it's not a BAD idea to do this. I think young girls are a key emerging demographic for these films (Disney has been chasing them for years), and it's been shown that current audiences have diminished interest in Bay's TFs. Sooooooo, it would make sense to make the film more appealing to young girls. And a young female star is doing just that.

But this is all speculation on my part, so don't attach angry comments to this quote! :lol  I know a lot of you are passionate about the movies and don't like discussing "negative" things about them! :(  Sorry if my post offends you.

10. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature gottagofast

ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like Like x 3
  11. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    It's alright you don't have to worry but I have to correct you right there and I already said this before:We are not that many,we are really really in minority here unfortunately.And it's not that we don't like to discuss flaws and "negative" stuff it's just that we don't like disrespect.I hate when people disrespect something I'm passionate about because you have to realize that thing you're calling bullshit has fans,man..you just shouldn't do that in a fan forum at least.(It's okay to not like it and have a different opinion,it's not okay to shit on it!)I hope you understood what I had to say and it wasn't about you...I respect you even more for being concerned someone might be offended,there aren't many :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    aye cool didnt ask

13. ZapRowsdower

:lolol  ABOMINUS.

I'm glad you got some humor from my post, cause I seriously expect a ton of hate-mail from saying anything bad! :lol 

Your post is EXACTLY how to react to my posts! Smile! Laugh a little! Life is too short to be angry about everything! :thumb 
    ABOMINUS.

14. ZapRowsdower

I just used your post as a jump point, since you expressed a typical opinion about the movie turning out well. I wasn't trying to criticize or specifically call your attention. Sorry. I will avoid random quotes like that, cause I think it does cause some confusion. Sorry, bro! :) 

ABOMINUS.

15. ZapRowsdower

I love fellow fans like yourself: intelligent, articulate. The problem is when we let passion turn into blind hatred: we turn one negative comment into the worst thing ever said about TFs EVER. And it's ridiculous.

I don't like the Bay movies, but that doesn't mean you don't get to like it. If anything, I want to add to the Bay movies and make them BETTER. Because I do see a lot of good points in those movies (I think Bay would make a better assistant director in charge of explosions!).

And trust me on this: your numbers are DIMINISHING. Back when TF1 came out? There were a LOT of movie fans, I think. But nowadays, you guys have kind of scattered to the winds. Because the movies have not been consistently good (and I think the 1st movie cheats in that it was first, not necessarily amazing).

It's ironic that fans fight, because it's always for the same reasons: we don't want to be disrespected or marginalized. But I don't get it: why would one fan do this to another fan? We're on the same team! :lol  And regardless of my negative attitude toward Bay TFs, Paramount and Hasbro will continue making them as long as the world of non-fans continues to watch them (fans make a small portion of the total box office). So if I did say that Bay is the worst, and he ruined TFs... well, ignore me. It doesn't matter to you, a Bay fan, because my words are not actually harming anything at all. It's just words; just an opinion. And when we turn on each other for having different opinions and values? That's when we exhibit the absolute worst qualities of mankind, and get a very deserved reputation of being the worst bunch of @$$holes in the fan universe. Are we? No. We can rise above that, and we can get along better. (Thanks for your reply! :thumb )

HASBRO: Make ABOMINUS! :D  Please?

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Can't say I am surprised. the budget was always going to be somewhat less than the mainline films and with TLK tanking it likely got a second cut in budget thanks to wary producers.

17. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I can trust Travis Knight to do a good job. Kubo and the Two Strings was a gorgeous movie. This will be his first live action movie. Hopefully it doesn't flop.

18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Possible then. Though Soundwave would seem more likely as in space. He was a satellite in ROTF, so he had to get back up there somehow if he was on earth. Starscream doesn't seem as likely with the budget though. But still possible if he was on earth by then. Doesn't seem like Starscream was though, but he did seem like he was in hiding in TF1 as opposed to having recently scanned a form. I'd lean more on that Laserbeak was doing scout work for Soundwave on earth. I'd have to recheck DOTM for exactly how the details were done for that. Because as far as I remember, Soundwave came down from space inbetween ROTF and DOTM, but he was prone to send scouts down like Ravage and laserbeak, and having sent Frenzy along with Barricade potentially. So it could make sense that Rumble is sent to earth, but I tend to doubt Soundwave was still on earth or near earth. Otherwise it kind of makes his entire Satellite aspect in ROTF redundant and raise the question of why didn't he do that sooner.

This would also be an era where the Fallen is still alive and Megatron is still frozen and undiscovered by decepticons as yet.

Seems rather weird that Blackout would have had to hack the military terminals too in the first movie if Soundwave was already deep cover himself with Nasa since the 70s instead of his scouts.

Keep in mind that he could have still been influencing developments without direct interaction though too.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  19. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Heck, if it makes 200mil (which should be easy), it's no longer a 'bomb'. This seems really smart.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DafuqBoom

DafuqBoom Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I guess in other parts a lot of budget went to Bay's explosions. If this time there won't be much, there won't be need in a higher budget.

• Like Like x 1