Bumblebee spinoff budget

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nick2017, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    My opinion:
    So after opening weekend, when the movie made a profit, Paramount is going to use the low amount to tell people "Hey look! Transformers made 3 times its budget already!! Come see the rest too since they are awesome!".
    That will be the commercial route they will take. Using its lowerbudget to reflect the so high profit it makes.

Just up the budget and perhaps provide quality?

Did TLK bomb this much?

2. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):

What!? Did you look at Christina Hodson's history of being a script writer? I have a bad feeling about this.....

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently according to Steinfeld herself, the script was re-written by the writer of Edge of Seventeen.
    Hailee Steinfeld On Joining ‘Transformers’ Spin-Off Movie: ‘My Brother Is To Blame’

But with Hodson, her previous two films were horror-thrillers. Shymalan proved he is no good with movies like Last Airbender or After Earth but he is more capable in writing suspense films. So with the slight bit of optimism, she could show us something from a different genre?

4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The budget has nothing to do with the quality. We should that by now after 4 bad high budget Transformers films.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I meant it more as:
    1. Up the budget slightly (too $100m)
    2. And provide a quality movie (instead of what we got)

My bad

6. jono

jono Prime

They\'ll retcon the voice issues. I\'m pretty sure TF1-3 are no longer canon.

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    If movie studios are to survive, they need to cut back on the big budgets.

I do actually hope this movie only has 3 or 4 bots, max. The other movies did a horrible job in differentating between their large cast of bots, leaving them as CG set dressing instead of being actual characters with motivation and story arcs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll obviously know more later- but at this point I would think that's a pretty big jump to assume that what is essentially a prequel to 1-3 (potentially) won't treat the universe as canon (as far as you can since those films barely treated their own continuity as canon).

9. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope Knight will be able to do his things without studio interference, that's the only way I can see this movie being good.
    He really seems like the opposite of Bay, lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Before we say the sky is falling.

If this is a movie aimed at kids then it's likely going to be far shorter than the Das Boot or Lawrence of Arabia run time of the other Transformers movies.

Not having to CGI destroy world landmarks is CGI time that can put towards Bumblebee and whatever other if any robots we get with the movie. They could also do a few tricks like the first movie where Sam talks to Bumblebee while Bee was in car mode. If they are going back to the idea of robots in disguise even some scenes where Bumblebee is hiding in the shadows. Heck if they wanted to do a load of close up shots you could build a life size Bumblebee head and just digitally add in any parts you couldn't pull off with robotic puppetry.

Anyone saying they can never ever do aliens arrive to Earth on such a small budget has forgotten 2016 when Paramount did the film Arrival on a budget of $47 million and then had a domestic box office run of $100 million. A small budget doesn't mean you can't have an alien, an alien ship, or make a profit in the process.

We don't know the story yet so don't know if they need the sort of elements that eat up a budget. Take X-Men movies for example. X-Men Apocalypse cost Fox $178 million to produce and people talk about what a stinky movie that was. Logan cost $97 million to make and people wouldn't shut up about it being a good movie. Deadpool inserted jokes about the budget because they had to work with a $58 million dollar budget and $10,000 of that went to the Bea Arthur tee shirt.

The budget doesn't worry me. Things like do they have to keep the look, does it have to fit the rotten continuity, and will the studio push bad changes on a director who hasn't worked for them before, that's the stuff that worries me.

• Like Like x 6
  11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Should be fine. If they spend it wisely, it'll probably be a benefit.

Speaking of budgets, I have to go back to working on mine. Commenting in a thread about film budgets while working on a film budget. Heh.

12. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

News Credits:
    this.

if the next main film has a different director it would be a terrible move if paramount would push for bayhem again on that director just because they can't seem to without it for some reason. which is why i hope that paramount will either not be involved or will be reformed when that times comes. and also hasbro needs a different mindset about the movies. they should try combining selling toys and have a good movie represent them without having the same character shoved in our faces to please the kids.

13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Screw barricade keep him out of the movie.

Bring in Wasp, or Bugbite, or heck Even the Insecticons would be cool to see, at the very least Shrapnel with his Lightening wielding antics would be a good face-off against Bumblebee.

14. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

I adore Kubo and The Two Strings, which is why I have always been hopeful for the bumblebee movie once it was announced he would direct it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... I'm sorry... When did 70 MILLION become small?

16. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Bumblebee (and other Transformers) can always have more screentime on a lower budget if they just interact and talk more when they are cars.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It'll be fine. 70 million is admittedly less then you'd expect even for a small movie like this, but I figure the tax cut will help a lot.

18. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

...Uh oh.

Just imagine how many problems a non-live-action movie would solve.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah that ain't promising.

It's a fourth of at least two of the budgets for previous TF films.

20. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    $70 million is fine as long as the director knows where to put that money into and Travis Knight has worked with a "small" budget film before, Kubo and the two strings cost $60 million.