Bumblebee spinoff budget

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nick2017, Jul 21, 2017.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I'm intrigued yet terrified about this budget, if true. IF what they say is true, (because after all the lies we were fed with TLK and ended up with a total abomination), I would expect bee and the other bots to get more screentime. I will say this though: it's possible having everything done in one place with the help of green screen is a major factor in budget as opposed to always being on-location (which means we get autobots jogging Baywatch style because they can't use the cars on rough terrain *shutters* ugh).

2. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    70 million is low but a few positives to draw so far

- Knight won't command the salary Bay does
    - They aren't gonna have to spend a bunch of $ on the cast of this film unlike past films. Steinfield is the only one who'll get a notable salary.
    - We already knew this movie wouldn't feature the typical Bayhem. There will be no 40 minute long final battle in this one.
    - There wasn't gonna be as much globetrotting in this one
    - A smaller budget means a shorter runtime and it was all but confirmed this was gonna be way shorter than the previous films.

I'd feel more confident if it was 100 million but if they manage their resources right it could end up okay. I just hope they don't waste the opportunity to tell what a cool story this could potentially be. It'd be a giant f#%k you if we only got like 3 Bots total in this one

• Like Like x 2
  3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the movie designs.. but I agree that simplifying them somewhat would definitely be a good thing. First, they'd be easier to do with CG.. they'd be easier to replicate in toy form.. and they'd be easier for the audience to follow and recognize.

I remember when my dad saw the first one, he told me that he could barely follow what was going on during the fight scenes. The editing, the intricacy of the designs, the colors, and the fact that the robots weren't (and still aren't) given all that much screen time didn't help.

I love the transformers prime version of Optimus. I think something like that is close to what I'd want. Maybe make the design a bit more complex, but I think that would be a good starting point. It's not super clean like G1, but it's also not as complicated as the current movie style. And most importantly, it has some recognizable alt mode parts in robot mode.

Anyways.. 70 million scares me a bit. Even though it's a solo movie I still have trouble thinking that bumblebee will be the actual star of the movie.

I remember when I was criticizing TLK prior to its release people would point to the trailers as proof that the robots would get much more screen time, clearly that was way off.

4. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    That doesn't seem much!

What other movies have been made on that budget recently?

5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are 1

• Like Like x 1
  6. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leaked footage of Bumblebee's transformation sequence from his solo movie. I can't believe it's already finished. WOW!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

More evidence that we really won't be seeing much of the Transformers, outside of Bumblebee himself. If they expect me to see that, they'd better have a genuinely original story, but considering this story will be coming from the same writers room that made TF5 a pathetically bad attempt at replicating all the previous movies, I doubt it will.

• Like Like x 2
  8. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    70mil Budget and yet i bet they wont use a voice actor to voice Bee.?

9. Chris James

News Credits:
    He wouldn't be able to speak at the point where the movie takes place anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

Was it ever explicitly explained where his voice got Broken? If not, the "His voice was damaged in battle." could be the end or near the end of the BB movie.

11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

New TF movie gna look like some late-era shitty Godzilla movie lol ... damn u Bay!!!

12. Chris James

News Credits:
    Nothing explicit but the insinuation is that he lost it on Cybertron. Prime's line in TLK about "not hearing it since the war" seems to imply that's where it happened. Also TFPrime took heavy inspiration from the Bayverse and he lost his voice on Cybertron in that continuity.

I may be wrong but that's the insinuation I've gotten.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    This movie has nothing to do with TransFormers, instead continuing some eldery man's vision of what cool was 50 years ago. Let's make sure they piss that 70 right down the toilet like they did our brand. They want another embarrassment? I'm game.

Interesting side note - notice which character didn't even make the top 3 in the movie poll? Uh oh.

14. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I forgot OP said that in TLK.

15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think 70 mil will stretch further than some of you think when done in a leaner, simpler movie (especially if it has a reasonable run time- something most or all of Bay's films haven't).

We'll see how this comes out, but this has a far better chance of actually being good than any of the Bay films. But we'll see. It may not be anything worth while either.

It won't be wall to wall robots, but that's never really worked out well anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    We can't say that yet. Travis Knight is a director who can tell a story with few characters and yet can make the audience understand the backstory behind the story. Ever watched Kubo And The Two Strings? Perfect example of his brilliant story telling. Everything is kept simple yet you understand the complexity.

Mr. Knight's approach [usually] is complete opposite of Michael Bay.

However, I do hope that the script is good. Christina Hodson is known for good scripts. I believe hers and Travis' combination may change the way we've been experiencing Transformers movies for so long. I have complete faith in both of them.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  17. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

wow!! looks so realistic!

• Like Like x 1
  18. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    YES! I am happy!

19. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deadpool movie budget is only 58 million, even less.

20. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

He even met Mikey from TMNT. Crossover film confirmed?! ;) 

• Like Like x 8