Bumblebee Movie Will Shown First Trailer And Poster At Cinemacon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Survivor of the Grey Hands War of 2019

What if his original Cybertronian name was Goldbug? That'd be a twist.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Nickster563

Nickster563 Bring back the Universe line!

I think some of their names were the closest translations to cybertronian they could find

• Like Like x 7
  3. Uncle Yetibacca

Uncle Yetibacca Well-Known Member

I too am very glad for the direction they seem to be going with. The description alone seems very interesting and actually good, and given the sources of inspiration, I will definitely give this movie a chance.

Even if I'm paiting a target on my back, I agree with you. There's no but about it, the Bay series is over - THANK GOD -. Even if I do defend CERTAIN aspects and those are guilty pleasures, the only GOOD TF movie is the original.

However, I want to comment that, while the bay series is dead and buried, I believe that if this film is really good and is received well enough, perhaps Hasbro will retcon it to a new continuity? If there aren't any strong connections to past films I think there is the chance - as far fetched it can be - that they use this one for the next continuity. But that's just wishfull thinking.

In any case, I will give this movie a chance and hope that if it has the quality the description indicates, they maintain it for the reboot.

• Like Like x 3
  4. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No, that IS movie Starscream. G1 has nothing to do with this.

• Like Like x 11
  5. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I honestly feel like this is what Hasbro is planning. If it does well enough, then they'll just continue with it and ignore the first 5. I kinda hope that does happen. Could retcon it as a rewritten version of the current movieverse, instead of a brand new movieverse.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Suppose, so some change there names like Bee (and I’d assume Jazz) and others keep the closest translation like Sentinal and Megatron.

Hope we get some clarification in the film.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Of course. Michael Bay raped my shitty 80's cartoon and I gotta whine about it for 11 years

• Like Like x 9
  8. Norm West

Norm West Well-Known Member

I'm gonna use this every single day.
    Pics_Art_04-21-03.38.46-2-1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    Ooh boy, consider my excitement increasing! I actually believed in this film, so I'm glad so see that initial reaction is rather positive. Seems to be a more kid friendly film, and that's not necessarily bad. I know a lot of people complained about the Bayverse being full of gritty violence, but I actually enjoyed the hell outta those scenes. (What does that say about me? ;) )

Rather interesting to hear of this more G1 Starscream. I was actually considering him being one of the villains, but not the main one. I'm wondering if the line up is, Barricade, Starscream, and perhaps Soundwave lurking in the background?

I'm very appreciative of the path they took with BB's reaction to being found. The synopsis of the film makes BB seem like he's just got his ass handed to him, to the point where he's afraid. I'm glad that they're going with this, or at least I hope, as it comes off as believable.

Im so glad that these reviews are easing my initial worries, as I'm really excited to see the final film in a series I grew up with and love.

Now, bring on the posters and trailer!!!

• Like Like x 9
  10. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping this movie is a soft reboot for the movieverse and leads into a new film rather than serving as a prequel to movie 1. Keep the designs mostly the same, but add some G1 influence here and there, like what we've seen already for Bee's new design. Sounds perfect to me. I'm already loving what we're hearing about possibly-Starscream.

• Like Like x 9
  11. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

So many salty geewunners whining about Starscream looking more G1-like (I mean , remember those G1-styled repaints of 2007 Screamer?) and saying mixing movie designs with G1 is sacrilegious but
    wasn't that what they did for Prime/Aligned Optimus , hell the entirety of Evergreen/Cyberverse Bee? Im just happy we are getting G1-Movie hybrids in this movie. Like it makes sense considering what we know about the Bayformers-verse's history , and it is a pure 80's homage. While I do tire of constant G1 callbacks , Paramount and Hasbro understand that this would bring in a ton of money

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I personally consider them canon (mainly the prequel stuff)

• Like Like x 5
  12. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still consider Reign of Starscream Canon.

• Like Like x 4
  13. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically do what Mortal Kombat 2011 did with its story with Raiden sending a message to the past.

• Like Like x 5
  14. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

Same here

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    9424D657-9038-4990-9378-3AD32C42EFBA.jpeg First pic of Bumblebee from the new movie!

• Like Like x 15
  16. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he certainly looks younger.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

Didn\'t think they\'d show a trailer. I\'m wondering if people will decide to give this movie a chance or Bay\'s run ruined the chances of any transformers movie of being successful. Hopefully people forget the last 5 movies and treat this like it\'s the first live action transformers film. DontD see how Hasbro changing the release from June to decenevDneabs they even think k this movie will do poorly. With all the movies coming out in the summer, I say that\'s smart move. 

18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We whine because Bay made 10 years of shitty movies, with Transformers names slapped on ID4 bodies.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing more obnoxious than the Raksha-level G1-only fans are the trolls who spout off about 'geewuners' every three posts, especially when they're clearly just bitching to see the response it gets. Some of us originally came here because we like transforming toy robots and some of the media tie ins and don't feel like following thread after thread of adults acting like toddlers in the Transformers equivalent to Kirk vs Picard.

No one should crumble into a violent rage or a suicidal depression because some message board anon doesn't agree lockstep with their every opinion about toy robots and stupid cartoons, comics or movies. This stuff shouldn't be your life or a measure of your self worth. It's. Just. Toy. Robots.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I wish people understood that what was shown at CinemaCon was not a trailer.

• Like Like x 5