Bumblebee Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by StarscreamtheMovie, Dec 8, 2018.

1. JD The Last Autobot

JD The Last Autobot More Than Meet The Eyes

As we know in the opening scene in Cybertron in the Bumblebee movie, the Autobots after being outnumbered by the Decepticons are forced to escape from the planet in the capsules, but when all the Bots (Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Arcee , Cliffjumper, Brawn and Wheeljack) have already left the Cybertronian atmosphere, Optimus stays behind only to jump off the platform and be surrounded by a huge army of Cons because Prime did that because he did not just run away in the capsules like the rest of the Autobots?

2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Not really sure what you're asking here so my answer is yes.

3. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

This. Thank you for pointing this out. Not a lot of people realize that while yes CinemaSins is satire, it's not really good satire. Plus the dude at some points tried to play this off when people try to critique him it doesn't work. Then there was the idea of people actually taking their stuff seriously is just, well, silly. Because of them we now have a bunch of cynic knockoffs that try to do this exact same thing and call it 'movie reviews'.

Honestly I just found out this particular thread was getting posts again and this felt the need to comment. :p 

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    There's some good satire, some bad satire, some good valid points, and some bad invalid points.

5. Hawkmother

Hawkmother Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ....Bad satire isn’t satire then. It’s a flat none joke.

You also can’t have a good invalid point. Thats an oxymoron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I watched that CinemaSins video. It's probably been years since I've seen one of their videos. Have they gotten worse over time, or am I just misremembering them as more clever? Even this guy's voice just sounds less interesting than I remember. I remember him having a lot of funny inflections. Now he just sounds like he doesn't care about what he's saying. They made a couple interesting remarks (like Charlie brushing her teeth before eating sugary cereal), but they didn't even seem to be trying for a lot of the "sins". One of their complaints is "where does Blitzwing store his missiles in robot mode?" Did they miss the scene where the movie focuses on that a few minutes later? And you can't really excuse it as casual nitpicking when they've clearly gone out of their way to research the names of Shatter and Dropkick (who weren't named in the movie), or the years those '80s albums came out. I mean, I enjoy nitpicking movies myself, but this channel is really grasping at the low-hanging fruit. Maybe I'm just spoiled by channels like RedLetterMedia, who put more thought into their complaints (even when nitpicking).

• Like Like x 1
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Let's keep on topic about the Bumblebee movie, guys. :) 

8. hthrun

Ebay:
    Bad satire is attempted satire that failed to be funny.
    And you are correct, a good invalid point is an oxymoron.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

I finally saw this movie after getting it for my dad for Father's Day.

After all this time with only the Bay Saga, this movie is a breath of fresh air. The human characters are likable! The villains have personality! The story is coherent and consistent, the action scenes are well-choreographed and clear, it's just all around a great movie. I've been waiting so long to be able to say that about a Transformers film.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WarLordFoxxy

WarLordFoxxy Banned

Pretty much a perfect list.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally saw Bumblebee for the first time this weekend, and I must admit this was the "good" TF movie we've all been waiting for. While there were many things that kept it from being outright "great", I more than appreciate Travis Knight & Co. for rescuing us from the dreck that Bay had plunged the franchise into.

Pros
    -loved loved LOVED the G1 inspired scenes on Cybertron. I am unapologetically a G1 fan from the very beginning and could've sat thru an entire film built around this. So continuing that thought...
    -at no point did I ever lose track of the action. Can't believe we ever bought into the notion that G1-based designs were "too boxy" for modern day live action, this right here is the perfect middle ground. Was never confused or felt like I was watching a mish-mash of twisted metal during fight scenes (unlike all the past TF films)
    -the Charlie/Bee relationship was great and worked really well
    -Hailee Steinfeld is a more than capable lead, has shown she has "it" from her prior work (True Grit, Pitch Perfect franchise)

Cons
    -lingered a tad too much on the Charlie/high school stuff, and those parts really dragged things down tbh
    -didn't follow the press releases, so was also confused with whole "reboot or prequel?" All the items that connected to the Bay movies (Bee's voice loss, Camaro mode, S7/Agent Simmons) made things even more confusing. Err...first contact with Non-Biologicals? What about Megatron whom you have on ice right now? <brain explodes> Better to not think about it, the old continuities also had majors inconsistencies to say the least.

Other notes:
    -soundtrack toes the fine line between evoking the era in which the film takes place and beating you over the head with "Hey this movie takes place in this year! JUST MAKING SURE YOU KNOW!!" [see also: Captain Marvel]
    -is that...an homage to the G1 intro when Jazz transforms and takes a run at Skywarp after getting tossed?! Awesome!
    -the TF franchise seems to always benefit form downsizing the (robot) cast ie. Beast Wars, Animated, Prime, etc. to better re-focus and this here is no exception

Final score: 8/10

• Like Like x 3
  12. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    Took time actually watching the film not to long ago, This is my review what I could gather

Pro's
    • Great design aspects, Beautiful shots of earth and cybertron.
    • Very inspired from War/Fall of cybertron, Of the opening sequence.
    • Soundwave sounded perfect. Jon Bailey really nailed him!.
    • Only liked a few designs, Which were, Soundwave, Optimus Prime, Blitzwing, Dropkick and Shatter. Other one's were kinda eh, Hopefully they plan to improve upon more.
    • Enjoyed Sector 7, John Cena's character is whom I liked the most within the cast.
    • Charlie/Bee's relationship was alright.
    • Actual Decepticon characteristics.
    Con's
    • The action felt kinda rushed at times, But was good for the most part.
    • Blitzwing's death, His death was most displeasing. Blitzwing could've been Bee's new arch-enemy. But instead they get lazy and killing him off. Now I know why they did it. For the sake of budget. But if you plan on killing, At least make it more appealing. Most don't seem to bothered by it. But let's be real. In reality Blitzwing could've ripped out the missile out of his chest and fly away and appear later or so on. In the end, blitzwing felt like this main villain. But instead he was killed off in the most bullshit way as much as possible
    • Dropkick's death, Now most don't get bothered by it. But why it grinds my gears. Its simple I expected more a major fight considering this was the finale. But he dies by the chains?, I understand the reasoning of killing him off. But at least have him do something or at least trying manipulate Bee.
    • Charlie was decent, I much prefer Cade over all the human character's combined.
    • Charlie's life story and the whole school bit, felt to much. People have been wanting transformers film, And we almost had it. But instead we got a lot more human crap. Sector 7 is fine, But I felt they could've shown some of Charlie's life, But not overdose it.
    • Some designs of the G1 characters need more tweaks, I understand it's the sake of budget. But I think Arcee needs improvement upon her face, those eyes don't look well for me.
    • No Barricade, Now I know this film is a reboot, Quote on quote. But Barricade had gained his popularity of being known as much we know of Bumblebee. Either way, If Bumblebee 2 comes, I'd love to see Barricade make his appearance. Doesn't mean I hate the film because of this. Just wished Barricade was in the film.
    Well, I have done my feedback and opinion on the film, I give it...
    5/10

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. hthrun

Ebay:
    Great review, I agree with all your points, though I'd give it a lower overall score.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

I feel like they could have had him survive and end up in stasis, but unlike Bee his body is recovered by S7.
    Then Dropkick and Shatter discover him in S7 custody, and manipulate the humans into thinking he's another criminal and they'll need to take him in, secretly reviving him and letting him in on the plan. They stage his escape, allowing him to return during the climax and be part of the final battle after Dropkick is killed.

...Admittedly, this would probably make the plot more convoluted. I still enjoyed the movie as it was though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    I would've given it a lower score, But what made me enjoy the film overall, Was Shatter & Dropkick. But if I did wish to rescore my rating, I'd probably say 5/10

That could've been a huge plot point as you pointed out. Like I said, Blitzwing's death enraged me the most, I knew he died based of the trailer tv spots. But regardless, Killing off a decepticon that actually does damage and shown full might. That is weak plot for Blitzwing's part.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. hthrun

Ebay:
    Yeah, that's about what I would rate it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Seriously? He legit said “I will buy you some time.” The seekers were literally there and were going to go after the pods. He was a diversion. Clearly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fluke Skybunker

Fluke Skybunker Banned

Probably the best TF movie since 1986.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sharp7937

Sharp7937 New Member

Ebay:
    I recently joined the transformers fandom before the bumblebee movies trailer released. I feel like this was my destiny.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Evan Wellens

Evan Wellens Hyped for MPM Jazz!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's basically my current favorite film, period.

10/10

• Like Like x 1