Bumblebee Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by StarscreamtheMovie, Dec 8, 2018.

1. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

I understand the confusion. I said "Bayverse fanboys" and you thought that applied to all fans of Bayverse, even though I never said that. I'm a fan of Bayverse and still consider myself a genuine fan. That's a generalization, of course. You can still be a genuine Transformers fan and dislike Bumblebee, but I'm saying that fanboys and critics are literally hating on this film to a toxic extent when all it did was be simple and innocent and give some fan service that the previous films missed, especially with certain retro elements.

My problem with you is that you've spoken with me before and you know that I enjoy a lot about Bayverse, especially the first and third films, and still you took my comment out of context to go on a tangent that completely missed the point of my post. Even after I explicitly told you that's not what I meant, you just had to have your speech. It was supposed to be a post in appreciation of Bumblebee. That's not cool, man.

If using the word "fanboy" in close proximity to the word "Bayverse" triggers you on a personal level, let me know, but I never considered you a fanboy at all. Take it easy next time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

I like Bumblebee. I think it's a cute family film. Like the other films, it's visually gorgeous. Charlie is great. The egging scene is great. The Blitzwing battle is a fantastic use of geography.

I also think it's not the ideal Transformers film. The ideal Transformers film would not be the extreme nostalgic safe space of Bumblebee, nor the over-the-top excesses of The Last Knight, but something smack in between. Something that embraces the pleasant weirdness of the brand like TLK, but that's more focused like Bumblebee.

And please don't tell me about your problems with me, when you misquote me and other fans to make straw man arguments out of nothing. Have a Shrektastic day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Dark of the Moon

4. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

I really like Dark of the Moon, but I don't think there ever will be a truly 100% ideal film. That said, I'd rather get a film that's 80, 90, or 95% of what I want, than something that's very little of what I want. I'm a realist and not an idealist, and if realism means something that's more in line with what I want, while still being attainable, then I can be perfectly satisfied. I'm the same way with other things in my life.

• Like Like x 2
  5. hthrun

Ebay:
    Yeah, nothing's prefect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HarryTh

HarryTh Member

Great Movie! I like it so much!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m glad you enjoyed it. It is a brilliant film.

And welcome to the forums!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

I'd just like to thank the moderators for doing just a fine and fair job.

But to "stay it on topic," let's talk about Dark of the Moon on a Bumblebee thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    My god every day love much more this movie!

I also love that the film does not have those two black stripes. I can enjoy it on the whole screen. One more point for Travis!

It only lacked 5 minutes more of action that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SPOILERS:

It was amazing how it was so easy to see what was going on compared to the earlier movies. (The Cybertron battle looked like it was straight out of the War For/Fall Of Cybertron games). With the other movies, I'd rewind to find out WTF happened. With Bumblebee, I'll just rewind because I want to see a scene again.

I also like the 'cool rebel leader' vibes I was getting from Optimus as well. (I also like Optimus's reaction to the arrival of Soundwave and Co. ('We're screwed. Let's get out of here.').).

And Bumblebee, we get to see the cool guy he was before he lost his voicebox. There's a certain sense of tragedy there (imo), especially when you see how it affects him. But saying that, he's way more fun to have around than his other movie counterpart (and I was really reminded about the stupid things I did as a kid).

And this time round the Decepticons had actual personalities. These 'Cons aren't dumb, either. And the way a couple of them scammed the humans, definitely Decepticons. Also, you could tell they were part of an actual military-style organisation from offworld (In Bayverse I've sometimes wondered exactly what the 'Cons did when they weren't trying to destroy the world.. Hide underground thinking up evil schemes? Masquerade as someone's toaster?). Blitzwing's sentencing of Bumblebee to death - Almost impersonal, basically 'Just following standard procedure. You're just another name I'm crossing off the list'. (Shatter and Dropkick, on the other hand come across as pretty sick, though Shatter has more self-control.).

And I vote Charlie for Best Human. Much better than that guy who ran around screaming in the first movie. I think she formed a closer relationship to her 'Bee in one movie, than any of the humans in the Bayverse did with their robotic friends over several movies.

Bumblebee is a good introduction to a new Transformers universe. It's finally a step in the right direction.
    As Optimus said 'Because of you (Bumblebee), we have a future'. I hope Paramount doesn't screw it up.

(And the way the movie ended, now that I think about it, in the right hands (AKA NOT the guys who made the Bayverse films), a Bumblebee/Optimus buddy movie might not be a bad idea.)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

the title might give you the wrong message but stick around to see his actual point, its a pretty decent video, i'd hope paramount listens to videos like this but that's just my opinion

12. Saracovar

Saracovar New Member

It was a good movie. You can also watch this movie for free on the MovieBox movie viewer application.

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 5:57 AM
  13. Starscreeeam

Starscreeeam Well-Known Member

Thought it would be cool to see what THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT loved about the movie.

*I will read any replies only after I've finished watching the film

*I want to see if I have any "Oooooh yeah. That was so cool!" moments, when I see your responses.

*PLEASE TYPE "SPOILER ALERT" at the beginning of your replies, so we don't ruin the surprise factor for those who haven't viewed it.

Thank You all for your replies!!!

14. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I sense this thread will be moved over to the movie forums...

Anyways, I really love the fact that it's just a simple story about two broken people who fix each other. It's undeniably simple, but it's fun and enjoyable.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Starscreeeam

*Spoiler Alert*

I loved that the 2 Deceptions that came to Earth, transformed into aircraft that actually exist irl. The jet was a Harrier, and the helicopter was an AH-1 Huey Cobra. Both were still the latest generation of aircraft widely used in the 80's when the movie was set to have taken place.

Also, I just recently read that the original 1986 TF movie was released in 1986. This movie and the events therein, were scripted to list 1987 as the year when they unfolded.

16. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT:
    When Shatter and Dropkick scanned the jet/copter and had the kibble from them when the transformed into robots afterwards. A nice attention to detail I appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Starscreeeam

*SPOILER ALERT*
    I missed the scanning part. And I wish they had Bumblebee in toy form as the Jeep, released for this movie as it. But I know that was brief before the VW.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Metro Prime

Metro Prime Going the Distance

Just finished watching the movie.

That should have been how they started the live action series in 2007. This movie was amazing and I LOVE the opening action sequences!

I have not been the biggest fan of the movie or Studio Series toys, but if they drop more of the G1 bots from Bumblebee onto store shelves I am all in.

Soundwave, Shockwave, and Starscream were amazing-looking!

• Like Like x 3
  19. hthrun

Ebay:
    Watched this video today and found myself agreeing with most of his points:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He does have a few good points but that video is just strong with delusion.