Bumblebee Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by StarscreamtheMovie, Dec 8, 2018.

1. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

I understand the confusion. I said "Bayverse fanboys" and you thought that applied to all fans of Bayverse, even though I never said that. I'm a fan of Bayverse and still consider myself a genuine fan. That's a generalization, of course. You can still be a genuine Transformers fan and dislike Bumblebee, but I'm saying that fanboys and critics are literally hating on this film to a toxic extent when all it did was be simple and innocent and give some fan service that the previous films missed, especially with certain retro elements.

My problem with you is that you've spoken with me before and you know that I enjoy a lot about Bayverse, especially the first and third films, and still you took my comment out of context to go on a tangent that completely missed the point of my post. Even after I explicitly told you that's not what I meant, you just had to have your speech. It was supposed to be a post in appreciation of Bumblebee. That's not cool, man.

If using the word "fanboy" in close proximity to the word "Bayverse" triggers you on a personal level, let me know, but I never considered you a fanboy at all. Take it easy next time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

I like Bumblebee. I think it's a cute family film. Like the other films, it's visually gorgeous. Charlie is great. The egging scene is great. The Blitzwing battle is a fantastic use of geography.

I also think it's not the ideal Transformers film. The ideal Transformers film would not be the extreme nostalgic safe space of Bumblebee, nor the over-the-top excesses of The Last Knight, but something smack in between. Something that embraces the pleasant weirdness of the brand like TLK, but that's more focused like Bumblebee.

And please don't tell me about your problems with me, when you misquote me and other fans to make straw man arguments out of nothing. Have a Shrektastic day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Dark of the Moon

4. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

I really like Dark of the Moon, but I don't think there ever will be a truly 100% ideal film. That said, I'd rather get a film that's 80, 90, or 95% of what I want, than something that's very little of what I want. I'm a realist and not an idealist, and if realism means something that's more in line with what I want, while still being attainable, then I can be perfectly satisfied. I'm the same way with other things in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, nothing's prefect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HarryTh

HarryTh Member

Great Movie! I like it so much!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m glad you enjoyed it. It is a brilliant film.

And welcome to the forums!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

I'd just like to thank the moderators for doing just a fine and fair job.

But to "stay it on topic," let's talk about Dark of the Moon on a Bumblebee thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    My god every day love much more this movie!

I also love that the film does not have those two black stripes. I can enjoy it on the whole screen. One more point for Travis!

It only lacked 5 minutes more of action that's it.

• Like Like x 1