Bumblebee Movie Blitzwing inspired DX9 Gewalt custom (IDEAS)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RoboW4rrior298, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Should Blitzwing have scanned a tank alternate mode before fighting Bumblebee?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and Bumblebee has inspired me to make a custom working triple changer Blitzwing out of this mold. The aesthetics to me personally would work to use this a Blitzwing and I have a rough idea in my head of what colours I’d like to use. I think I’d go with a tan camo and purple/gold highlights. His helmet and visor will be gold and red. Maybe see if I can get LED function in it as I have skill in that area.

I have a copy of Gewalt already on my G1 masterpiece display but since I’d really not risk screwing it up I’m gonna have to hunt down a second copy.

Does anyone have any advice in painting figures? My plan is to take it super slow and be patient. I don’t really want to have a finish by/timeline goal because it’ll be extra pressure.

Another thing I’d like to add is realistic aircraft stickers. Does anywhere like Reprolabels make these for hobby projects? Specifically Soviet stickers as my head canon is that this version of Blitzwing landed in Russia before hunting down Bumblebee so he has a Foxbat jet mode compared to an F-4 Phantom.

I plan on getting rid of the Energon glow sword and 3D printing a solid piece identical and somehow working a connector that makes it look like it has come out of his hand similar to his blaster, which I also plan to make.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Beat the devil out of it.

3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    For STICKERS, and not decals? You're really not going to find anything too realistic, MiG-specific, etc. Your best bet is like GI Joe stickers, from their most-realistic planes (though they tended to have more realistic markings for the Joe/American stuff-----Cobra was more fantasy-based than "Soviet" based) You might find something useful from the "Oktober Guard" sets: Emblems - Toyhax.com

[​IMG]
    That's the most-detailed MiG-25 decal sheet I've seen, most don't have any of the smaller warning labels etc, they're either "not present very often" or they're too small to be seen at that size. (many times, decals will have small print like that "over-emphasized/bold/enlarged" to make them visible at all on a model, when "true scale" lettering would be thin as spider silk...)

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoboW4rrior298

Tha
    That’s perfect, and yes I meant decals but the word escaped me at the time of writing my pitch.

I was mainly after the stars and vague Russian “warning” stickers to place around the intakes and on the wings similar to how the one in the movie has the USAF across his wings in the movie.

I wonder if it would be possible to get a 3D printed head commissioned accurate to what was in the movie as an “option” just purely for a what could have been look.

Much obliged!

5. octobotimus

octobotimus # Make Devcon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is this project going? very interested in how this would look!

6. RoboW4rrior298

I managed to get my hands on a second copy to start on, and I’ve been experimenting with shades of colour.

I’ve also been playing around with my 3D printer and I’m going to be running a test on his gun and spike weapons.