BumbleBee Marketing

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Sep 5, 2018.

1. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OH Sounds good then I’m pretty much convinced that they might be rebooting it now with the reshoots their doing now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Studios

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hopefully they get the animators to slap a new paint job on Blitz for us. But so far the film looks amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

Well when the movie has to be nothing less than perfect to many people I\'m not surprised that they keep doing reshoots. 

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I must admit that this seems a bit late for reshoots. The movie is only a little over two months from releasing, and it probably opens for early premiers and whatnot sooner. I know movies tend to keep refining stuff until pretty late, but I thought the filming stage would be long over. Keep in mind they also did some reshoots back in June.

This does kind of make me wonder if they've decided to go ahead and tweak it into a reboot based on the positive reception of the last trailer. Not saying that's for sure the case, but it seems plausible. Steinfeld's comment implies that it's just minor touch ups (which all movies do, although probably not this late), so who knows.

• Like Like x 5
  5. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're cutting it fine...

6. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope it isn't a reboot I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    All I can say for certain at this point is that the movie we're getting now is not the same film we were going to get back when BB was supposed to originally have released this past summer. They're really pushing the extra time the delayed release bought them.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Not really surprised. Paramount may finally be realizing that this semantic dance they've kept doing (reboot vs. prequel) must now come to an end. . .Guess we'll see for certain if they were dancing with 2 left feet come December. . .And they may feel that they have to release another trailer (or 2) to follow suit. . .

9. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Hopefully that turns out to be a good thing. The same could be said about Rouge One, and I loved the final movie. On the other hand, I feel like the original version of Solo would have been better than the rather sloppy half-finished version we got.

My main concern is that Bumblebee could turn out sloppy. I hope they have time to properly integrate the reshot scenes into the movie. It doesn't end at filming, they still have to color-grade them and possibly add digital effects/enhancements. Then they have to edit the new scenes/shots with the already shot scenes in a way that feels seamless. It's fine if they have months and months to do all that, but this seems to be cutting it a little close. I hope these reshoots are the result of careful planning, not last-minute decision making.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snokoan

News Credits:
    I'm worried to I feel like the ending version of the film will be sloppy they should of left everything how it was we are two months away and I'm worried about how much time they will have

• Like Like x 1
  11. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These could be shots that have little to no CGI in them, I\'m not worried.

pretty sure Rouge one and a few marvel films have done the same and they weren\'t exactly bad.

I trust paramount as far as I can throw them, but Travis is decent and the cast at least seem committed to the film (which is more than I can say for past films)

12. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Everything's probably fine. I would like to think they wouldn't make any major changes to the movie this late. It could be something as simple as just adding in a couple minor shots. That's what I'm hoping it is at least.

They've had every chance to push the movie back a few months, or even until next summer. They seem pretty set on the Christmas release date, so I'm assuming they know what they're doing.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not too worried about the reshoots unless they contain a ton of CGI. Still plenty of time to edit the reshoots and everything else to have the film done in time for printing the copies of the movie that will go out to theaters.

Although it does raise an interesting question of just what they were for. Is it something to make the story better because the director seems to be pretty big on the story element of film making? Could it be something to make it a little more easy for Paramount to decide how they want to spin the film series after Bumblebee? Could it be that some shots just didn't look right so this is to make for a better visual flow in the film?

Two weeks before release, yes panic. Two months is no need to really worry. Heck there was at least one film where I think Bay said something about they were still working on polishing up the effects of a Transformers movie on the day before they had to make the final print.

14. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
  15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Another negative sign for those knowledgeable.

• Like Like x 1
  16. snokoan

News Credits:
    If it's bad then please explain why and dont give some half ass reasons tho

17. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    It could be, but not necessarily. Seinfeld's comment says "just a few more shots to get it prefect". This implies that it's not a huge change, just a couple shots to maybe make the scene flow smoother. It will likely be something tiny and trivial that none of us will ever notice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. snokoan

News Credits:
    Exactly thank you

• Like Like x 1
  19. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

It’s highly unlikely but hopefully they also start cutting out the garbage between Bee and girl. The G1 fan service (i.e. ass kissery) is pretty heavy, which I don’t mind, but every time Bee and girl are interacting I get nauseous at how sickeningly sweet and cute it is. For every badass Shatter/Dropkick scene shown, and G1 boner stroking, there’s Bee and girl being cute. I mean is he frickin Bumblebee or Baymax.

20. snokoan

News Credits:
    You must be living under a rock if you didnt know the whole movie is about the interaction between bee and the girl

• Like Like x 1