Bumblebee forearm fix!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jream, Dec 26, 2014.

1. SpaceSJ

SpaceSJ spaceSJ

Ebay:
    What pices for sideswipe did you make?

2. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
  3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You should see if Acetone Vapor Smoothing would work.

4. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    jream, my BB forearms came damaged too. I sent you an email to your paypal email, I don't know if that's the right email but it's the only one I have.

5. dapro

dapro Well-Known Member

How much for a set of Bee Forearm and Sideswipe leg together with shipping?

6. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

It's a shame about the shipping issues. I would suggest you go to talk to the manager at your post-office.

Avoid words like "Lied." I highly doubt the employee actually lied - that is, said something they knew was untrue. Having spent 20-odd years in that sort of employment, I'm pretty confident that the employee thought what they were saying was true, but either failed to think about the fragility of the piece versus the mechanics of sorting machines, or genuinely didn't realise it would pass through a machine that would crush it.

In any case, they did screw up and in my opinion ought to do something to make it right. And that particular employee also needs to be taught more about the system. So go in and talk to a manager, but do it calmly, pointing out your were given incorrect information but without accusations of harmful intent. You go in there claiming the employee wanted to hurt you (which is what you're saying when you start throwing around "lied") then you'll just get shut down. You go in acting calm, reasonable, and understanding and the manager will be much more likely to want to help you.

That's my advice, anyway.

7. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    it works to a point and does good on certain things. i use it for larger items and its an improvement for most things. problem with these is the friction joint from the tab can become weak from the acetone... as well as it changes the final shape some by "melting" the surface... which could lead to issues with the tab becoming smaller with smoothing and then run the risk of not being able to grab the inside of the arm. fix one problem, another arises! ;) 

got it and answered.

yea i already did... i talked to the same person when i've been mailing out new orders and told them that i wish someone would have been a little more aware of how their processes work! she had a very confused look on her face and i told her that i had some damage from shipping and some things look like they been jackhammered.... ending up costing me lots of money and aggravation... and that the reason i mailed things like that was because you said it was safe for the parts and be fine, etc. "Hmmmmm?... well that stinks, sorry about that. why didn't you pay for insurance??" :eek:  HAHAHA!!! :lol 

so needless to say, i quietly paid for my more expensive padded packaged items and politely walked away and bit my tongue!

8. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Great photos, guys. If mine look as good as that when they arrive, I will be pleased. :) 

jream - are you going to be doing a G2 set ready for July? :D 

9. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:

more than likely! they are ready to go minus the paint match so it makes sense to. i've already had a bunch asking to have them ready, but i'll need the final for paint matching before getting them out.

10. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Great! I'll check back on that in seven months, then. :) 

11. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

That's a shame. (I mean that sincerely.) This person was a manager?

Post offices are still government-run down there, right? So you probably don't have an alternate outlet to go to... one of the small advantages of post-offices being franchised up here is that if someone acts like that I can go to a different outlet and vote with my wallet. None of which helps you, but will hopefully come across as an expression of sympathy.

12. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:

no the manager at this place is really a nasty woman. hates her job and without a doubt takes it out on people. always a scowl, short, attitude... its actually comical waiting in line and watching her slam the door in people's face that are walking in at 4:59!

yea their still under control by the washington crooks. its so bad that i can't even pay for things with my credit card because all my stuff has "check ID" on the signature... and they won't accept that as payment because "it's not a valid signature" LOL even with my driver's license out when i pay. such a joke that place is!

13. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    How can anyone hate their job when they don't have to care about profits and customer satisfaction? No stress and a guarantee job and retirement fund, what's not to love?

14. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    yeah crazy huh?!?! never ceases to amaze me walkin out that place!

15. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

Just got my second set today. The first set that came had all six tabs broken. This second set came in a bubble pack and was mostly intact, with only one outer tab partially broken off. Nothing a little superglue couldn't fix. It is a little scary installing these since they go on pretty tight but once on they look great. Now just waiting on my Inviible forearm fix. Thanks again jream.

16. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    Yea they are a little tight just from the nature of them holding in place. The tolerance is so small that if they are moved in much they won't hold in place. So that's the importance of installing them straight in and not going in at an angle so you don't break anything.

Glad you like them! Your invisibles are on the way.

17. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

Got mine and both are crushed, sent you a pm

18. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    Sorry PO screwed me up on some early orders with bad shipping info. The previous price at $6.75 was only shipping with a stamp. Price has been adjusted to ship in padded packages. It's been discussed above.

Instructions for replacing in the 1st post.

19. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    Also just to update. Latest run is drying right now. Should be cured by tomorrow so all orders/replacement to date will go out Wed

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last or Latest? I have been waiting until the end of this week when I'm paid.