Bumblebee First Generation Design

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bumblebee movie has been done right bay had no involvement I think if he did he probably only lent his company to do the cgi besides he was a producer in a quiet place and everyone loves.

2. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

Bay is one of the producers of Bumblebee, along with Lorenzo, and the other 8 producers involved: Bumblebee (2018) - Produced by - IMDb

The VFX were done by ILM (California, Vancouver, and Singapore), Rodeo FX, basefx, Proof Inc., Deluxe, Stereo D, and Cantina Creative. Digital Domain (the vfx co. Bay owns) is not listed. I think it wise that Bay has kept himself in the background, yet if it were up to me, neither he nor Lorenzo would have been involved at all.

3. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I wouldn't be so sure until the film comes out, bud. Most here thought the same thing with TLK...

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:

5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think what I interpreted was...

If a character looks like this person in real life but doesn't carry the same occupation as that real life person then it's automatically a character flaw no matter what.

6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yes and No. Transformers is a franchise which always changes (pun intended). But I think going back to the roots should be done at some point. Take Spider-Man for example. So many different versions but when it comes to movies they go for a recognizable look more close to the original version or the version most fans are familiar with. They will also be creative with the changes and make sure the changes do not hinder the original look.

For many like me, Bayverse is our first introduction to Transformers. But over the years, we've grown a certain fondness towards G1 and past iterations.

I can clearly understand why TF fans want G1 to be on the big screen.

When I first saw one of the Wreckers from DOTM, I thought it was Lockdown. Thought Hound was Bulkhead. But with Bumblebee movie, I can safely say "that is Ironhide, that is Wheeljack, that's Arcee" even from a blurred action shot. I found that to be so cool.

Where you start is always important. For G1 fans, this is a dream come true. As much as I love Bayverse, I cannot help but smile when I see G1 fans so excited. After 30+ years, this is their time to shine on the big screen.

As Optimus Prime one said:
    "Above all, do not lament my absence, for in my spark, I know that this is not the end, but merely a new beginning. Simply put, another transformation."

• Like Like x 8
  7. mnabiyein

mnabiyein Nabiyein Commander A Decepticon The Leader

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    IMG_20181203_000200_077.jpg
    Ok i see

• Like Like x 7
  8. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

Its not hard to understand. Most long standing franchises have characters that look and behave a certain way. You can update their looks, you can flesh out their characters to create nuance where there may not have been as much before. But don't change them around to the point where they're physically unrecognizable and suffer from character assassination just to suit the creator's ego or laziness.

ThunderCats 2011 was an excellent example of updating the looks and fleshing out the motivations and characters, while staying fairly faithful to the original. While ThunderCats Go has recieved massive backlash for being a lazy, Teen Tititans Go clone, with a ThunderCats skin and an ass ugly artstyle.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    No offense to you but I keep seeing the Spider-Man comparison constantly and it's a really poor one. Aside from the Symbiote all-black suit (which was replaced with the original look again soon enough) and a few one-offs for an issue or two here and there, Spider-Man had looked exactly the same for his entire history barring absolutely minor detail changes.

10. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    It's been a long time (years!) since I've logged in to TFW since I've been busy with life. But I saw that Optimus Prime 3D model and WOW. Incredible! That is probably one of the best Optimus Prime designs I've ever seen in my life, if not the best. I like the "heroic" proportions mixed with a realistic flair. Optimus Prime has always had different proportions based on the designer but I always preferred the slimmer ones personally.

In any case, I was always hyped for this movie and now with the Optimus Prime reveal, I am ecstatic!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um....
    wx4x4pfo2pamsctxyjyc.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Yay, I'm glad you set yourself up so easily!

As I said, most of those are simply minor tweaks on the same design. Shades of blue, shades of red, etc. Anything truly radically different is another character entirely (Scarlet Spider, 2099, etc.) or was short-lived (Armored, Future Foundation, etc.) The one true exception is the Symbiote costume as I said. I could go through that infographic one by one but I don't want to bore people.

Anyone using Spider-Man in this type of argument is just showing an utter lack of understanding of the character and is looking for an easy out and a cheap win.

• Like Like x 5
  13. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hound actually supposed to be Bulkhead at some point or was that just a rumour.

But my point is that like, look at the original Ironhide design from G1. There's nothing particularly interesting about it. Ratchet has his red cross signs and head crest, but Ironhide just has that spartan-esqe ridge on his head. He doesn't look particularly tough or notable. He could just be a background autobot trooper without his personality.

Now the movieverse gives Ironhide a bulky frame, a bull-like face and cannons on both arms. That looks tough and distinctive. However, the design is pretty messy. A mix of old and new would be preferable. But G1 fans don't want to see any change whatsoever.

14. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Don't forget this one:

download.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    The most important arc in all of Spidey's story

• Like Like x 3
  16. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

Nope. There's a difference between not wanting change and wanting to be able to recognize the characters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look at these two guys. There is clearly a difference, but you can obviously tell that they're supposed to be the same character.

• Like Like x 6
  17. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

I think anyone that cares enough whether a background character is recognizable will already know who it is anyway.

18. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

Most of the characters in this trailer are way more than “background characters.”

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    >"characters who have been loved for 30+ years, and could even be called icons of the franchise"

>"background characters"

Erm...

• Like Like x 3
  20. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    o_O  What is that? :lol 

Your calling the usual main cast, Optimus, Ratchet, Ironhide, Starscream and Wheeljack...mere background characters? Okay then.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.