Bumblebee First Generation Design

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Now we know why Megatron was saying this when he was drunk on energon

2. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Oh my god, the toys, THE TOYS!!!
    That Optimus Prime design..it's....it's....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

These, these are the designs we wanted 11 years ago. And hopefully the basis for the designs going forward.
    Also 21 pages in 16 hours, wow!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Has anybody else already got a new favourite movie without even seeing it yet ? 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I had a few final thoughts before I put this to bed.

Sometimes in earlier versions of trailers / footage, the CGI isn't finished, perhaps at the time of the trailer in September, they didn't finalize how Starscream's head would appear on Cybertron so they simply used his Earth head instead to save time, as well as his colors. The fact that the original one looks even more like the one on Earth is even further evidence of the bots true identity.

Their arms are basically the same, even on Earth, just with less bright colors, like the one on the right.

Unfortunately there's no good full-body shots (Not in action at least) of the bot on Earth, but you can very clearly see he shares many design elements with Screamer. They look like the same bot, just with different alt-modes, basically.

As I see it there are 4 likely outcomes, unless something comes out of left field that throws us for a curve ball.

1. They're both in the movie, but we haven't seen Blitzwing yet. As we've been told he would appear in his classic form, and given how he looks nothing like Starscream and also isn't a Seeker, he's in the movie but we simply haven't seen him. This means we could be seeing more cameos on Cybertron than previously thought.

2. They're both in the movie, and for some reason they chose to make Blitzwing a minor alteration of Starscream's character model, which is both incredibly lazy and hilariously inaccurate at the same time. Which would count as a flaw towards the film as a whole.

3. Only Starscream is in the movie, and this whole "Blitzwing" thing has been some incredibly painful attempt at misdirection, despite most people with common sense seeing through it.

And finally 4. Going against all common sense and logic, Blitzwing is in the movie but he has Starscream's body. Which is also both incredibly lazy and hilariously incorrect. That would be a major flaw with the film. But that would just make me wonder why they went through the effort of so faithfully recreating all these recognizable characters, did they honestly think no one would notice that being done to one of the single most popular Decepticon characters in Transformers history? They have Soundwave, Ravage, Shockwave, apparently Megatron will appear, so why in their right mind would they fumble this badly with such a popular character? All for the sake of this stupid Bay movie ""continuity"" that no one will give a shit about in a few years? Those movies are done, they were awful, they far outstayed their welcome. If they seriously hamstring their movie to try and make it so it 'connects' to a series of crap movies people wanna forget exist, then that's honestly just an incredibly dumb decision in the long run.

That's all I have to say, until the film actually releases. I'll probably post a review once I watch it myself.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Temenos

Temenos No sacrifice, no victory

News Credits:
    The best kind.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
  9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    You mean like TF1 Megs? I'm grateful for most aesthetics he brought to the franchise.

But Megatron I think received the most hate out of all the characters we've seen.

10. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do like some of the new Cybertronian designs I honestly prefer the majority of original designs from the previous films, Shockwave and Soundwave from DOTM in my opinion are so much better then the boxy looking G1 designs they have done for this movie, Optimus does look amazing though but his chest is still to boxy for my liking, AOE/TLK Optimus is probably still my favorite because I love the whole knight theme to him.

I did grow up with G1 and I still love it, but I like the movies more, and I like the original movie aesthetics more, I hear people saying that the characters are now finally recognizable because they look more G1, but the movies were never part of the G1 universal cluster, I mean look at Armada Sideswipe and Wheeljack, they look nothing like their original G1 counterparts, because Armada was not G1, and when I see characters like Ironhide and Ratchet in these new clips I cant help but feel disappointed because they share no resemblance to the original 07 versions of the characters, where are Ironhides arm cannons for instance?

Not really a major fan of the boxy G1 designs with a polished realistic texture to them, I mean I have no doubt the movie will be amazing, I have thoroughly enjoyed all the of the original films and even though this has a new director I am sure this will be no different, if it lines up with the original movies and can safely be slotted into the timeline without any contradictions I will enjoy it even more, but for me I feel that the cybertronian designs are catering more towards full G1 fans over the original movie fans, which is fine in one regard I guess for those fans but when it comes to the original movie designs, characters like Ratchet and Ironhide are unrecognizable compared to their original movie counterparts, hopefully the Earth based stuff will have more of a Bay feel to it, I know I am probably the only person here who has this preference and I know a majority of people will strongly disagree with my opinion, but to each their own.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Maketoys Cross Dimension Striker Manus

IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0072.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's a wonder how easily a little bit more of color in the design could throw the people off. While it's not easily noticeable at first glance the designs are really similar. Once you put both Optimuses side by side you can see it. The difference is mainly in the color distribution. Bay transformers had more grays breaking the colors. In Knight transformers you have more colors with gray bits. When I first saw Starscream I thought they only slapped on him the old color scheme plus some jet gimmicks :lol 

I think that at this point in time most people are complaining/praising for the sake of it. The first group for the designs being off from the original Bay designs, an the other group for them being off from the original Bay designs. No middle ground :lol 

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the design either. In last RiD Optimus had the proportions you mentioned and it did not really look that good, especially when he was moving. Personally, I also like how they didn't make him too beefy. I liked Optimus' design in the first movie a lot more than the buffed up version from AOE/TLK or WFC/FOC. This designs doesn't stray that much from the first Bay movie (notice there's not any whites in the design, but the blend of red, blue and gray). I only wish they kept the Bay's helmet. I really liked the "ears" and the segmented battle mask better than a one-piece one.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I wasn't a fan of TF1 Meg's or any of the Bay Megatron's, none of them are recognizable without someone naming them.

Yes I'm a G1 fan but that doesn't mean I just oppose any change at all.

It's just, it's definitely not too much to ask for a Movie about Transformers for them to be in some way recognizable.

TF1 Megatron looks like a generic metal monster to me. He could have appeared in Terminator or any of the alien movies that were out those years (there were at least three which had a similar)

Anyway those 2 statue designs, while one is a major departure you could still recognize his outline or even his shadow. That's not too much to ask.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

I never had a problem with the original Movie designs, in fact some of them I absolutely love, like Ironhide, Sideswipe, Optimus from 1-3.

But finally getting to see them look their original versions in a movie is just awesome, that Optimus design is beautiful!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Without the gorilla arms and slobbering

• Like Like x 2
  17. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Same

I hope they prioritize all of these, but give the designers enough time to make good figures.

I don’t think we should expect these until 2020.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

hope we get a good look at cliff... still it is good to know he finally exists:) 

But who could be that poor chap who bursts into flames before the primejump?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Peter likes cats

Peter likes cats Active Member

Is that arcee behind cliffjumper?

20. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Why are the proportions on the Cybertron designs (especially Shockwave) so bad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.