'Bumblebee' Deleted A Megatron Scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Theoutcast87, Dec 19, 2018.

1. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

(LOL @ the guy with "89" in his username.)

Since you come off as so anti-80's nostalgia, I KNOW you're going to spare your gullet by NOT watching the movie. You don't want to be exposed as a hypocrite here, right?

For the record, I don't care about what period this movie was set in.

What matters is that we fans get a movie that manages to be as fresh of a take as possible from somebody who UNDERSTANDS the source material, versus what has been shoved down "our gullet."

So...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    With all the interviews and little comments from the various film makers I think the consensus among the movie makers is, if the movie is a financial success then the powers that be will let it be a reboot but if not it’s going to be written off as just a part of the Bayverse. So do your part and go see the movie to make it a financial success!!!!!!

Also regarding Megatron, easy fix he was attacking “the capital” in the opening. Bam fixed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    Tbh im not even mad, i still see this as a reboot no matter what Travis says because bumblebee obviously doesn\'t arrive during ww2 (not a spoiler its in the trailers) so while i originally wanted this to be a prequel it just doesn\'t fit the continuity (then again thats not a rare occurence with the bayverse). I also kinda like Megs not being there since it shows just how screwed the autobots are against the decepticons even without the op deception leader.

• Like Like x 4
  4. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Continuity or not?! PICK AND CHOOSE!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. I guess that’s one of way of thinking of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

They just need to cut the cord from Bayverse, Bumblee Bee was better than any of that crap. When watching Bee, it didn't feel like the movie lasted forever. When watching a Bay film, it was like "is this fucking movie ever going to end?" Or I just fell asleep.

• Like Like x 6
  7. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 screaming internally

I still don't get all of the bay hate. Yeah the movies aren't exactly Oscar material, but tjet brought us amazing things. Do you remember RTS, or anything from the ROTF era transformers? There were deluxe class figures with better than masterpiece engeneering, the leader prime from HFTD is still goddamn amazing in what it does.
    I'm not judging you for your opinion, but at the end of the day we're all adults arguing about plastic robot men.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

I remember reading an interview with Michael Bay and something along the lines was said about each film being in their own continuity.

Personally, I just think that's a weak excuse for lazy writing.

So if that's the general vibe then I guess we can expect the next movie to not fit into anything else too.

I have not seen BumbleBee yet, but I have seen enough scenes on YouTube to say that they should just start from scratch and let BumbleBee be the first of a new franchise. Like X-Men First Class did.

I used to argue that these movies are big budget toy commercials, but you can say the same for The Marvel Cinematic Universe and yet those films have great continutiy (aside from that once time line hiccup in Spider-Man Homecoming)

It appears BumbleBee did so many things right and I am glad they greenlit it since TLK was so bad, I was sure they were done making films. Besides, Unicron being Earth is dumb and IDC about seeing that unfold.

I think whoever holds the cards for this franchise should consider going down a new route from here.

• Like Like x 2
  9. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It boogles my mind how many times the people involved with this movie have said this is a prequel to the 07 movie and some refuse to believe it at every turn and this is just another example of it.. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

But...
    S7 is in the movie, a young simmons, bee scans a 70s camaro, bobby Bolivia voice over from first trailer, megatron frozen etc... So the movie ends with prime and maybe more autoboots on earth, it means nothing. The movie takes place 20 years before the 07 movie plenty of things can happen and might happen if the prequal series continues to have said autoboots leave earth on a ship or some other way to go out looking for the allspark before realizing its really on earth and going back for the events of the 07 movie. As for the difference in the bee back story that still proves nothing as this movie was in the planning stages during tlk and they just didn't coordinate, at most it proves they ignored the tlk movie itself, not all the movies.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    dropping Optimus on Earth in the 80's was fine? Alright.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Litterally everyone at Paramount doesn’t even know them self while Lorenzo is running around saying “it’s a prequel, I don’t like reboots, but it resets the mythology, but it’s a prequel, IGNORE THE CONTRADICTIONS!” This man is sick trash.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly think that they are shooting themselves in the foot by making the Bumblebee movie a prequel to a continuity that\'s beyond repair. Don\'t get me wrong, I really enjoyed watching Bumblebee but I think it should at least be a soft reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    That had me really wondering about the timeline, that Shatter and Dropkick never found NBE-1 while at Hoover Dam, until Knight confirmed that he was following the continuity of the films that Megs is frozen at the dam during the film.

14. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

Maybe they weren't at the hoover dam. Maybe Sector 7 has multiple bases.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ludicrous Prime

Ludicrous Prime New Member

The only thing I can think of to make the TLK not happen was to repair the control pillar to Sentinal Prime's transporter. Simply have the Doctor repair the pillar behind the scenes and start sending Deceptions back in time to change history. Optimus could take control of it and send Autobots back to Stop Megatron. Sentinal said it sends objects through space and time. It violates our laws of physics. That could be a great plot divice to reset the Bayverse and surplant it with Knight's story telling. If you want Days Of Future Past this is one way it could be done.

As far as Unicron's horns.... Perhaps they combine to form a smaller Unicron or combine with something else from Mars oroother world. Perhaps it could provide an excuse as to why Decepticons where there. I'm thinking with enough talented writers this issue could be resolved to keep what was done and reset the clock.

• Like Like x 2
  16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Almost 40 years of Transformers and you're just now noticing the inclination for Decepticons to be inept???

• Like Like x 2
  17. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    But remember they were actually inside the dam just like frenzy

• Like Like x 1
  18. IronTik

IronTik Active Member

TO ME, this movie was made perfectly.
    It didn't piss off people who LIKED the Bay movies, while also appealing to many of us fans.
    SO if this film does well, I expect sequels to piss all over the Bay stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    Let it go man, let it go.

When will we stop trying to repair the flawed films that we’ve gotten from Michael Bay?

I love my studio series, keep em coming. The designs aren’t necessarily ALL that was wrong, most of them were cool even though they betrayed source material a lot of the times. Call it being creative or doing something “new” as the Bay worshipers do. I don’t care. The stories fucking sucked, each film got worse as they came out, and we all kept giving them chances. Four in fact-after the first film. It started quite promising. You can name a major character in each film or groups of characters (dinobots) that were completely wasted and/or ruined each film.

It’s time for a change. I’m sure they’ll call it a reboot of some kind if it does well at the box office.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

This does add to the suspicion that old "Blitzwing" in some iteration was originally intended to be Starscream.

It really comes across that there was some kind of weird tug or war between Knight and someone high up at the studio (Likely Bonaventura) insisting it had to be part of the previous movies canon. Frankly, as much as it apparently tickles the fancy of some fans, this whole thing just comes across as one big miss handled mess.

• Like Like x 1