Bumblebee Crashes into Cop Car during D.C. Filming

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RebelMan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Where's this shown?

But once security on the set notice that someone has entered the set (an SUV with a siren should be easy to spot), why wasn't the action stopped? Sounds like poor judgement to me.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nonononononononononono!

Now it looks like a VW. Bobby Bolivia, eat your heart out. :lol 

3. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Regardless of priority, the cop really should've exercised more caution. In my town when a cop is responding to an emergency call, they slow down when they approach intersections, even when they have the right of way.

This is a Michael Bay movie. The guy is lucky that he didn't drive over a gas bomb.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    that sucks, but at least it was not the ferrari because that would be a bitch to pay for repairs.

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I'm going with what I can see. The video from the drivers side, shows the interior of the vehicle, and I don't see the standard white airbags deployed when the driver steps out of BB and leaves the door open.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, hopefully Bumblebee's insurance is up to date, lol. Could have been worse, much much worse.

7. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    At least it was not Prime that hit the cop car that could have been really really bad. I hope everyone is ok

8. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Yes, BB's driver may have not seen the police vehicle. That's how accidents happen, one person isn't paying attention for some reason or another.

The cop is at fault for driving through a movie set, this is true. The stunt driver is at fault for not yielding to an emergency vehicle and driving into it.

Movie set or not, that was an emergency vehicle with its sirens and lights on. Not driving into an oncoming emergency vehicle is greater common sense than not driving through a movie set.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Legally, the stunt driver will be at fault more than the cop. Even if a street is "closed", an emergency vehicle with lights and sirens going has the right of way every single time. The fact that a movie "rented" out the streets for a few hours means nothing - a police officer was responding to an emergency call.

Why is no one concerned about the bomb threat? lol

10. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Guys I'm as amped as anyone else to see this movie get made, but can we keep things in perspective, a BOMB threat in the Nation's Captiol is a bit of a higher priority than a money shot of a convoy of movie props!

I noticed people calling the cop an idiot for having his radio off and blowing though the barricade (no pun intended) but in one video I see a BUNCH of DA's standing around with headsets and I'm reasonably sure the security guards at the barricade had walkies. So where is the responsiblity of the production crew to STOP THE SHOOT because a cop just blew though the perimeter with lights and sirens on?

Closed set nothing, their could have been a bomb threat called in at the catering truck. (have you ever eaten craft services?)

Just before the scene was started you can see an ambulance cutting though the set so it should have occured to SOMEBODY that SOMETHING was afoot.

I'm not blindly saying DC metro PD is the best bunch o'cookies out there, but I find it odd people are jumping on the 5 and not on the movie staff for this accident.

(On the other hand, as a profesional driver myself, I gotta laugh at what's probably going though the stunt driver's head when he gets out of the vehicle. "Hmm, I just wrecked a million dollar movie prop, t-boned a police car, I've put a multi-million dollar motion picture on hold for a while,,, yep, time for a cigarette." *casually walks away from the wreck*)

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    :rip  Bee

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Hahaha, good one Kickback. Probably a Bay hater, and wants to stop production on TF3. It is ploy against our movie!

13. roarmore

roarmore Well-Known Member

No matter what kind of emergency is happening, cops should still be aware of their surroundings. And the fact was, he didn't realize what he was driving into, and it seemed like no one was willing to wave him off, or the actors off. But in my opinion its still the cops fault for not realizing where he was, and that he should have slowed more.

14. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Because it's a Michael Bay movie? :D 

15. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

But weren't Ratchet's light also going off? It's a movie set. If I were the stunt driver I would assume that the bright lights and sirens were a part of the scene.

16. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    That hurts my eyes =(

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    That is a good point, I am sure all the drivers have radios of some sort, and there had to been a few crew right there to signal the drivers that something wasn't going right.

Know what, for shits and giggles, I am gonna say that both parties did something wrong!

18. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Exactly what I was saying before. :) 

19. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    either the officers on the barricades failed to inform the crew they'd let the SUV through, or the crew ignored them and carried on shooting...

either way... the communication link really f**ked up here...

what are they going to do with filming? will they use the stunt BB while they quickly fix the Hero BB (if it is fixable quickly or at all) or are they going to have to shut down production while they get another Hero BB sent to them?

20. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Is it confirmed anywhere that this was the Hero BB? But, as stated before, I believe there are multiple Hero BB.