Bumblebee Crashes into Cop Car during D.C. Filming

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by RebelMan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I guess the cop will be Barricade back for revenge?

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I had a feeling they would do something like that.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with that. I applaud it.

In Back to the Future 3, there was an on-scren flub where DoC Brown gows to kick at one of Biff's goons as he runs away. In 1 take (out of several) Lloyd accidentally tripped the actor. that's the take that made it on screen.

4. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Well, at least now they have a real plot to put into a script. Two less minutes of dogs humping and pot smoking moms gone wild.

5. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Ughh, if they're going to write it into the story, that tells me that don't have a very good story. We'll see....

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm....I wonder how this can be written in? I always thought that Transformers were made of a tougher material than what we make our cars out of.

7. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

So... do they not have another car that they need to address it?

8. Santoanderson

Yeah, but that was one actor doing something unpredictable and spontaneous which added to the character, which wasn't exactly central to the scene. By the sound of it they're going to have to write a whole new subplot about the crash.

I'm just hoping they either paint out the police truck and replace it with a decepticon, or just have Bumblebee transform shortly after the crash, get to his feet and flip the cop off. I really hope this accident doesn't significantly affect the plot of the film.

9. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    How can they wright this in the film??? TFs have armor that can deflect bullets and withstand robot-death punches!!! When a TF scans a vehicle they don't acquire that vehicle's material properties they keep their own genetic makeup which is super advanced organic metals. If a regular human vehicle can rip the front end off of a TFs alt-mode then why haven't the Decepticon's just chucked cars at the Autobots and been done with it?!?!?! :banghead:  :confused:  :mad  :thumbdown  One blast from a ion canon would have killed someone the first time if their front-ends can be ripped off that easily.

EDIT: now if they 'photoshopped' the damage and had BB transform and retaliate, i could get behind that, it'd be funny.

10. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Just the excuse they needed to rebuild Bumblez into a convertible... :lol 

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I would laugh my balls off if that happened.

12. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I've got a feeling that they're going to cut away right at the moment of impact, and then the next shot we see of Bumblebee, he'll be in perfect condition, while the cop SUV will be mangled. Either that, or the SUV will transform and start trying to pound the Bots.

Movie magic, people.

13. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

For the record, the "fake camaros" are one-off custom jobs made for the film from before the camaro was actually in production, requiring massive amounts of custom work and a complete fabrication of the entire body, and are worth upwards of 400k a piece. An actual camaro would be a vastly less expensive issue to deal with.

14. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Poor Bumblebee.... i thought you were made of sterner stuff.

-A.S.

15. AndreaPrime101

AndreaPrime101 AP101

Write the crash into the film?!? I hope it doesn't involve Bumblebee dying as part of it!

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :thumb  Good one. How about this? Ahem... The cop's SUV is Galvatron in disguise. "It's a pity you Autobots die so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!...Oh, wait. I was supposed to aim for the red Ferrari? Darn it, Hot Rod! I'll try again."

Maybe this will be 'Bee's death scene? ... Nah. We all know he won't die. ;) 

But seriously, it'll be interesting to see how they do this. And more importantly, if they can do it in a plausible manner that's relevant to the story and doesn't take up too much time in the movie. There's a lot of things that they could do with this scene, as many people have stated. Whether or not they actually keep the "crash"-part in, or if they have Bumblebee transform, whether or not the SUV is a Decepticon, etc. I just hope that if they choose to actually have Bumblebee damaged, Ratchet can perform some sort of medical-stuff on 'Bee, and actually prove that he's the Doc Bot.

But alas, only time will tell. :) 

P.S. I like Santodanderson's idea of having 'Bee flip off the SUV. Well, maybe not actually "flip off" the vehicle (seeing as how 'Bee is the idol o' millions), but transform and narrowly dodge the SUV, and then give a disapproving frown or mechanical buzzing and then transform and drive off to join the group. A little clean humour, some potential action, visual effects and then back to the story at hand.

17. Ravage_Eject

Ravage_Eject Soundwave's Favorite

So if I ever get into an accident...can I tell the cops it was a space bridge accident?

18. optimal_optimus88

optimal_optimus88 Well-Known Member

that is s stupid idea, but then again Micheal Bay is an idiot.

19. Santoanderson

What I think will happen, assuming Bay has his head on straight, is that the Autobots will be in a chase scene, being pursued by Decepticons. Bee isn't paying attention to what's in front of him, and ALMOST hits a police car, but manages to spring up into the air and barrel roll over the SUV, while still in car mode. Just swap out the real car to a CGI camaro a couple frames before the crash. Then he'll peel out and return to the conga line. It would basically be a stunt, and not a subplot.

As much as I'd like to see Bee transform after the crash, and flip off the bomb-tech, I remind myself that Sam and Carly are probably riding inside, and transforming would likely squish those two like grapes.

20. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread should make it's way into the movie forum where it can collect many more posts like this gem.