Bumblebee Box Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Music, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the observer that stands outsides and judges them all with a sense of superiority, as if he/she has never taken part in such a pointless debate. heheh

• Like Like x 4
  2. OneSimpleIdea

OneSimpleIdea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or maybe I actually do work in the industry? ;) 

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Here we go again...

• Like Like x 1
  4. OneSimpleIdea

OneSimpleIdea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I do, but I have 0 inside information. The only people who know if this is performing to expectations work in Paramount and Viacom's offices.

I just find the thread amusing - too much tossed around as fact when there is very little data to support their conjecture.

To keep it on track - looks like a little over 500k domestic for BB on Monday; I'm guessing a ~450k BO run when all is said and done. Seems like it has some decent legs in China and should net another 4-5 mil this weekend domestic with the MLK long weekend.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  5. Bobby

Bobby Member

It should make around $450 million when it's all said and done. I'd say that's pretty great!

• Like Like x 2
  6. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Its going to hit 400 million by next monday........ and still has Japan to go......... this movie has made profit .

In the end this movie will make the 100 million in profit that TLK lost the studio.... All hail Travis Knight....... son of Nike, savior of transformers and daddy to all the salty bayverse fans.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

That's what I'd like to know!

8. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  9. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they release the animated movie next year. The next live-action should be around summer 2021. That gives a almost 2 years break before doing another movie.

10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I certainly hope they don't release anything next year. It's way too close to Bumblebee's release which was already close to TLK's release. They need to wait till 2021 to release another film.

• Like Like x 4
  11. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Fox13

Fox13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Articles from Screen Rant can be safely ignored. They are less informed than the people on this thread. :rolleyes: 

Just one of many, many examples of how crap their journalism standards are...

"Transformers has always done exceptionally well overseas, particularly in China (the saving grace for many woebegone tentpoles). Even The Last Knight earned $228.8 million in the Middle Kingdom, but Bumblebee had no such luck. Currently, the spinoff has made a paltry $59 million in China..."

$59 million was the opening weekend. The figure is currently well over $100 million. They've literally popped on to the Bumblebee page on Box Office Mojo and pulled the figure from there (which is only updated periodically).

Seriously, Screen Rant is a half-hearted clickbait site that offers absolutely no expertise or inside knowledge. They recycle rumours and post fluff. They are not a credible source. Stick to Forbes, Box Office Mojo etc...

• Like Like x 13
  13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Also: "Its domestic debut of $21.6 million was lower than other 2018 offerings like Tomb Raider ($23.6 million), Maze Runner: The Death Cure ($24.1 million), and The Predator ($24.6 million). It has earned only $108.9 million in the States as of this writing"

Bumblebee has made more than any of the movies listed here and these movies had opened with far less competition.

Really, journalism at its finest.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  14. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I stop going to that site a long time ago. They also get things wrong, even about Dragon Ball..i hate clickbaits.

15. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Holding off until 2021 is probably for the best, especially considering all the ambiguity over what Bumblebee is supposed to be (if it's a prequel, why did they re-shoot scenes that cut continuity ties, etc)

• Like Like x 5
  16. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I'll also add that they say The Last Knight ended up in the black whereas the Viacom CEO was just recently quoted saying that they lost $100m on it.

17. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like they corrected the title.. it is now "Bumblebee Was A (Small) Box Office Success"

Bumblebee Movie Was (Barely) A Box Office Success

I guess it was a success.

"The good news for Paramount is that Bumblebee was not a total loss. Because its production budget was a very manageable $135 million, its break even point was roughly $270 million. It's clearly passed that at the worldwide box office, turning a $97 million profit based on ticket sales. That margin will definitely expand once ancillary revenue like home media sales comes into play (and, to be fair, Bumblebee still playing in theaters), but these results are hardly what Paramount was looking for. $97 million wouldn't be enough to cover the costs of the hypothetical Bumblebee sequel the studio is interested in, so if that followup does indeed move forward, the studio has to rethink their strategy a bit."

Overall, just bad timing.

18. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

Multiple sources so that it's unbiased.

Multiple sources and research. The internet is a powerful tool.

BW Megatron "Yeeeessssss".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
  19. TommyHawk

TommyHawk Active Member

Love they changed their article title from 'Barely' to 'Small'. Journalism at its finest. And they're assuming $59 mil is the total take in China. A simple check on boxofficemojo.com would show that's just opening weekend. I wonder when the China gross ends up above $100mil, they're gonna change the title to 'Moderate'?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

WHOOOSH

• Like Like x 1