Bumblebee Box Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Music, Dec 18, 2018.

1. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Yeah I haven't heard or seen anything except very calm fans speaking gladly about how much they enjoyed the movie. No one is crying or screaming or doing any of those lame overreactions like when people saw the millennium falcon in the force awakens trailer.

I honestly felt so insanely happy during all the cybertron scenes and seeing Brawn, Wheeljack, Shockwave and others for the first time in full motion looking like they actually should. Yet, no screaming/crying/ridiculousness but cautious optimism that we are finally getting what we wanted for a long time, and are still able to say this isn't the most amazing movie ever because we can objectively assess the rest of the content surrounding those scenes and those elements.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    I didn't really see any of that in this thread. It definitely does suck that the world has become very political just because. A lot of people want them to fail because they disagree with it but that's not to say there hasn't been times where they've wronged the fandom by pushing an agenda for their own gain or straight up insulted their own fans - whether or not it was intentional. Unfortunately, it's usually a small part of fandoms that's loud - of course this varies to a high degree. If no-one has any problems with something they're not going to say anything unless someone who disagrees says it first and often they do. It's also the hardcore fans who usually say extreme things because they're deeply passionate about the things that they like which makes them irrational and ruin it for others rather than looking at things through logical lenses. Ultimately fandoms want what's best for their whatever through their own views despite it not being their's to control technically. I don't agree with the way fandoms generally react but they're doing it because they want these people in control to change their direction, there are times where it's far out there and times where it is within reason. People generally feel entitled because they are the customers of these franchises and they are supposed to be the target audience, I'm not sure where I'm going with this but the general negativity can be summed up to fans not getting what they want and they want them to fail because can't trust these higher-ups to handle the things that they like, in hopes of prompting the companies to change them out for someone better suited toward said fandom. Sort of like what happened with Battlefield 5? Not too sure but I just want to leave it at that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YES!!! Just woke up and this is the best news I could hear!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... well... other fandoms except for between 45 and 55 percent of pre-Disney Star Wars fans. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  5. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with what you said. It seems that the more hurried and further you've planned your Cinematic universe, the more likely it will be a failure.

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Well I found that particular scene pretty bad ass, l love the transformation sequence of Devastator. :confused2 

• Like Like x 1
  7. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

The transformation was cool. It was just very static afterwards.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

I guess this means we're never getting rid of Lorenzo and his plans for spinoffs of spinoffs of spinoffs.

9. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Unfortunately, he was already signed on for 3 more years starting this year anyway. Even if Bee failed, he would have been here still. Let's hope Hasbro is smart enough to go the reboot route with this success though.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed they take the right lessons from a success this time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

No the fandom sucked. Bayverse was awesome in its own right. It was a fun, action packed series. It just didnt appeal to movie buff types who wanted to nitpick instead of sitting back and enjoying explosions over popcorn.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Just a spoon full of sugar ? More like a spoon full of rat poison. I have no idea if they tried to do a modern take on her, but there are some characters that remain timeless in a bad way. Whats next ? A Howdy Doody movie that beats out Optimus Prime in the box office ?

13. Rated X

Rated X Banned

So does that make them bad ? Or does that just make Americans extremely anal ? All the Bayverse haters make me embarrassed that I'm a gee-wunner...

14. Rated X

Rated X Banned

S**t, iIt could be freakin Mia Khalifa, once you put on that damn mary poppins costume youve transformed her into the most annoying creature on earth.

15. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Hasbro move to another studio then

16. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    China, you have once again let TF fans everywhere down massively. Maybe there needs to be movies just for China, and movies for the rest of us. They obviously do a great job pandering to the Chinese while a poor job of making a great TF movie. I would think these two can be reconciled, but China may not let it happen.

2 things to keep in mind still, number one the numbers are PR numbers (which you can see they got exactly what they wanted just by reading the news post) and you don't know the real numbers, and number 2 the box office is still on a downward trajectory worldwide. These are positive signs and "breakeven" or not, they cannot be ignored especially when both companies are not doing great financially.

Everyone is really going to come to regret it if this terrible crap continues to hobble on for any longer, but you can't say I didn't try to stop it. The time is now, the window to get a great TF movie will not last forever, and we can't get one with anything that continues from this.

17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It seems people feel entitled because they are the demographic companies are catering and so they are getting what they want.
    As a result they employ sly arty language, peer pressure and aggressive behavior on social media and such to try and prevent anything from existing that deviates from what they like.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    No of course not! I like almost anything related to transformers too! I don't know about the US though...

And How do the "Bayverse haters" make you feel embarrassed for being a "geewunner"?

Do you self describe as one?

19. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Daedpool is not a mutant in the comics and he was never a member of the X-Men,

20. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What are you talking about? There was zero mention of China or anything Chinese-related in this film whatsoever.

• Like Like x 10