Bumblebee Box Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Music, Dec 18, 2018.

1. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll stand by that statement, at least by what sticks in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t let you rose tinted glasses for bumblebee cloud facts....just compare the scale of both pics should give you a different idea.
    Finale of bee has 3 robots fighting in a shipping yard for 10 minutes
    Finale of 07 has 10 robots fighting in a entire city for 20, including a freeway chase preceding it

• Like Like x 2
  4. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    19531E77-9FDB-4F22-897C-A3229F37D130.jpeg
    Ill just leave this here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Aye we did it guys!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    more robots dosent mean more action, and about 10 minutes of that 20 was humans talking to eachother. Bumblebee had better action due to being able to tell who is who, being more ground fight than shooting, and all you did was compare the final fights while bb had more action scenes throughout the whole film in comparison to 07.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Sweet we are at 350m keep going little Bee you still got 3 more weeks in China.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The mission city sequence is larger and has more robots, true, and its longer than the climax of the Bee film. There's the cybertron sequence at the start of Bumblebee, however, which doesn't really have an equivalent in the 2007 film (we see a dude on cybertron getting javelined, that's about it), and also has a bunch of robots fighting. Beyond that, I think there's only maybe... what? 1-3 robot sequences more in the first film than there are in Bumblebee?

There's a capture scene in both.
    There's Bee fighting Blitzwing vs. Bee Fighting Barricade
    There's Blackout wrecking that military base (no real comparison in Bumblebee, though its not really robot fighting action)
    There's Scorponok fighting the US military (see above)
    There's Starscream freeing Megatron (see above)

There's
    the cliffjumper torture scene
    in Bumblebee, which is fairly minor and doesn't really have an equivalent in 07, maybe comparable to some of the Frenzy hacking stuff?

There's a landing on earth scene in both.
    There's the Frenzy fight against the humans versus Shatter and Dropkick working with S7 (which granted, isn't a lot of action so much as intrigue)
    There's the Bonecrusher fight in 07 (I can't think of a comparison for Bumblebee)
    There's the Mission City fight, which I've discussed above, versus the climax in Bumblebee
    There's the Cybertron sequence in Bumblebee (no real comparison in 07 except that flashback with the bot getting stabbed)
    There's the Bee forest chase sequence (I can't think of a comparison in the 07 film, not really robots fighting either, maybe the part where the Autobots free Sam and Mikela?)
    There's Bumblebee getting tortured, killed, brought back, and then freeing himself from the military (I can't think of a comparison in the 07 film)

Am I forgetting anything? There's more action in the 07 film, but I'm sorry, I don't really think there's THAT much more, and a lot of it doesn't involve robot on robot smashy smashy.

10. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Bee has more action!? Are you insane? Bee has 3 actual action scenes: cybertron opening (broken into 2 parts), bee vs s7 vs Blitzwing and the last fight. The car chase is absolutely lame....
    Tf07 has blackout attack, scropnork attack, bee vs barricade, s7 chasing the Autobots, highway chase and final mission city battle.
    Don’t let you rose tinted glasses for bee cloud the facts...geez we are Not talking about quality because that’s fricking subjective.
    If you wanna go and see bee has better action then we are no longer talking the same issue.
    If you continue to insist bee has more action I will no longer interject. Continue wearing your rose tinted glasses

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

So is it that Chinese moviegoers are more open minded, or American moviegoers just suck ? Freaking Mary Poppins, give me a break. I cant believe a movie about the most annoying nanny in the world beat out Bumblebee in the US.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

The bayverse sucked that bad.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

Looks like it.

14. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeh and the majority of that 20 minutes is focused on Sam or the army, up until Prime and Megs start duking it out.

Heck Megatron chasing Sam to the top of building took a good 5 minutes.

Bee fighting Dropkick and Shatter doesn't cut all that much and you can clearly see what's going on. Now, I did not have a problem following any action in the last 5 films, but I can't deny that others didn't have that issue. Especially the general movie goer. Bumblebee is easy on the eyes and is a lot more fluid.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    When's the last time you watched that climax? Cause I went back and watched every "action" scene in every one of the movies in the last couple of weeks. There's very little actually happening in that particular scene in 07. There's a lot of standing far apart and shooting, minor choreography, the very very brief Op vs Megs etc. etc. all of which is obscured by camera angles that take the same approach as Godzilla 2014 in constantly trying to convinced you it's a human perspective or always being hard lined in on the bots partially obscuring at least one character on screen, on the rare instance their on screen together. Longest continuous bot shot/scene is probably the ironhide flip, and that's only because of slow mo, and it's focused on random screaming lady so Ironhide exists the scene a lot.

I really have to agree with something I saw on twitter. Those aren't action movies. They're disaster movies, where the distaster can move.

In contrast, Bumblebee's action is shorter overall but much better paced, a lot easier to follow, way better choreographed (Dropkick's helicopter transformation is a brilliant shot, and Shatter's kick counter is great), it's a fight not an event.

• Like Like x 1
  16. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Once again you have given me your opinion. We are not talking what’s better but what’s more....and I began this discussion saying tf07 has more action which you have basically agreed with me on. Jeez...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  18. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    Bumblebee is #1 by default, not merit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Aaaaand imma stop you right there. Shit, if I still needed a nanny, I'd hope it were her.

20. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2