Bumblebee Box Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Music, Dec 18, 2018.

1. AnnaLK

AnnaLK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder how the current, and seemingly growing, mindset of ‘wait for Netflix’ Is affecting ticket sales? Not just for Bumblebee, but for all movies. I know a lot of people nowadays that refuse to go see any movie in theaters..

Took my mom to see it. I think, for the first time, she genuinely enjoyed a Transformers movie. Hoping to go a few more times!

• Like Like x 1
  2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You meant the guy (triple his size) who was grabbing him by the neck, had just ripped out his voicebox, beat him to the point of memory loss and severe physical damage and was on the process of executing him?

And you say he wasn´t defending himself?

WHAT?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  3. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    Ignore him, he's on the mindset that bee is bloodthirsty while in fact he's not. Your words won't reach him.

4. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  5. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

With Mary Poppins Returns betraying the idea of sequels of perfect movies and destroying PL Traver's novel(ie critically acclaimed, but actually bad from main moviegoers), I'm betting Bumblebee is going to sneak up behind to take over or steadily gain nig bucks while MPR gains little more after release.

6. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just more bay hating crap without any basis
    How many general public did you measure when saying they are done with tlk?
    A 600 million total is DONE?
    Let’s do complete g1 and basically retell tf07 story? Everything you write just tells me you want this to happen and single mindedly think every ga audience think exactly like you, and that yours will make paramount a lot of money....FYI ga didn’t give a shoot blitzwing looked like Starscream....fanboys online doesn’t represent the millions of non fans who go to these movies

7. Miyaren

News Credits:
    With your argument being with toys, the SS is star of the transformers brand so what do you propose they do with the movierverse?

8. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Treat this as the reboot it is, follow the gameplan this film set up of smaller films to build up to a massive Transformers film. Do an Optimus solo film that reveals what he was doing on Earth before Bumblebee met him. Do one or two other smaller films... not single character films but one with small casts. For example, an Ironhide and Arcee buddy sort of film where the grim old mech and the young fem have to work together. Or a Dinobot movie with them in the Amazon. Things like that. Build to your big giant Transformers movie.

Continue producing basic movie lines but also have the studio series that can work for adult collectors and that can jump across all the films. Do an animated film or two, ala Into the Spiderverse. Build, support. That is the key.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Roll it into Generations. The entire point of Generations being called that was to be a catch-all for all franchises. The movies, notably, are the only continuity to have NEVER been shoved into Generations AFAIK.

11. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

The collective, loud, vocal sigh (captured on video) at the comic con meant nothing, right?

Of course, the entire population of comic con attendees were TFW "geewhiners", how could I forget

Actually, I was very negative about Bee to begin with, and didn't even want it to happen. I was pessimistic that anything could even be done with the live action franchise after TLK. So, my attitude right now is actually positive and optimistic that good things can come, yes, even with Bay as a producer!

i cant even claim myself to be a devoted TF fan. i've only been part of the online community a couple years, and most of my knowledge of TF is gleaned from people i'm close with. it's quite clear just being a human who socializes with other humans outside of this echo chamber, even a quick look at reviews, ratings, different social media hubs, that there isnt much fanfare for a continuation to TLK. it would be more sensical for the duty to be on you to find "great interest" rather than myself to find "great disinterest"

I made it clear that I dont even blame Bay anymore. Did you even read my post? Apparently, he was a dream producer to Knight, so I don't think he can be the source for all the bad. Someone else clearly is behind these terrible decisions, and I'd like to know who it is...

So, what happens in the sequel to TLK? Has anyone expressed a desire for that in the general public, let alone on this forum? 100 people maybe? Even people who enjoyed most bayformers movies are ready for a change. it's only natural, after a decade! it's insane that we even have to articulate that

• Like Like x 1
  12. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    23CA09A6-5972-459D-A2EF-E450F51560B5.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  13. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mostly because you, well, haven't seen it.
    I think most of us would tolerate you more if you watched it at least. Who knows, you may find more to hate about it.

14. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I think you’re incredibly mistaken. Transformers g1 is a powerful property. So powerful it’s nostalgia made the bayverse look like a powerhouse that bay unfortunately squandered. Any late 30 to mid 40 year old guy gets excited when they see a red freight liner driving beside a yellow bug. Once people realized the bayverse was not g1 and would never be g1 they stopped going. Now we have to dig out of the rubble of the bayverse and the damage it did to he franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Then you are. G1 is powerful but no where near what you think. My entire theatre had no reaction when bee drove next to the red truck on the bridge.
    You are meaning to tell people stopped going to these movies becos they realised it’s not g1!? You mean it took people 4 straight movies and 7 years (with increasing box office) to realise that!?

16. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bwahahahha, this is so damn ridiculous. Four movies in a row making big success, including in countries that NEVER aired G1 or countries where it wasn't a hit in South America and other regions, and you think it's the G1 nostalgia that made it a hit?

How do you people pass decades of life without growing some kind of self awareness?

• Like Like x 6
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nostalgia is something anyone can throw in but without a good story and good characters to back it up, it can be superficial.

• Like Like x 3
  18. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

My prediction is still close but marginally revised to be a bit lower. It should pick up $6-$8 million per day until New Year’s Day. Leaving it around $85-90m and it should leg it’s way to around $130-$150m domestically with an additional $160m oversees not counting China. With China pushing it close to $450-$500m total. We will get a sequel.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Multiple third party companies stay afloat selling almost exclusively g1 product and hasbro is still selling g1 product and g1 inspired product. That won’t be happening with bayverse toys in thirty years.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Niche nerd-aimed companies make money out of nerds, this means the movies only made money thanks to G1!" is the kind of logical leap that makes me wonder if you're a parody account or emotionally affected to the point of nonsense. But go ahead, tell us how Hasbro making a 240 dollar combiner based on a movie from 9 years ago means that there is no market for that content.

• Like Like x 2