Bumblebee #4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Mar 9, 2010.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i thought it was a Camero as well in an attempt to update BB and merge his old look with the movie look. seeing as how Don seemed to be influenced by the movie designs, I don't think it's terribly far off for Chee to go that route (without necessarily knowing what direction Don would take it in).

2. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):

Thats a point I like to keep bring up with these comics. They talk about "artistic freedom" letting the artist draw the bots in any form they want (but most times been good about consistency) and then they go and do something like this. WTF IDW, let Chee draw like Chee, let Don draw like Don, let Roche draw like Roche but TRY to be consistent with character design.

3. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    [​IMG]

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tee hee hee, I read the last page and I thought 'boy, this is going to piss off some fans'.

It's confusing how alt mode are really different all the time (something I don't *really* mind..as long as it's vaguely familiar..unlike what happened to Blur in Ongoing/BB)..still they redesign Bumblebee.

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't belive I forgot to post in here even though I enjoyed the mini. Kinda wish they could have done more with Skywatch & the consequences some will suffer, but a good conclusion that gave us action. I was curious if BB's new body would carry over to the ongoing, looks like it does.

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I just read 1-4, and I must say that I didn't really like it. A lot of the characterisation just seemed off, especially the bit in the second issue where they have to capture Blurr (I see we're back to an amazingly fast talking Blurr again... *sigh*)

Also that art style is yuck.

7. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I just read the TPB Bumblebee. I am so disappointed. The story was over written and hard to follow, The art work was beyond deplorable. Its the worst book from IDW that I have ever seen. Ironhide was beautifuly done, I was hoping the same for Bee, But they fraked it up bad.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That's what happens when you force a character into a role he's not meant for. I think IDW was trying to catch on to the hype Movie 'Bee had, despite this 'Bee being a totally different character with a more or less different fanbase.

9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I believe the Bumblebee mini was purposefully written for a much younger audience. The young, kid-appeal character gets promoted to a leadership position simply because everybody likes him, then getting thrust into a difficult situation that, with the help of his friends, manages to overcome and realizes his own inner strengths -- giving him the confidence to lead!

...only, the ongoing went and completely ignored the entire notion by having nobody listen to Bumblebee or take him seriously. Ever. Even Optimus Prime, as Chaos is starting to ramp up, basically tells Bumblebee, "Shut up son, daddy's talking." when the little guy finally starts trying to exert some of his own authority.

I don't really know where I'm goin' with this other than to say that the book was a hot mess and is hugely indicative of what was wrong with IDW Transformers not all that long ago.

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Exactly. I can't believe no one else was expecting it to end in such a mess. I mean, what else was going to happen? Hasbro has built up Optimus so much, it's almost impossible to have him not be the supreme commander. The only show which managed to get away with it was TFA. This one's practically a G1 continuity, and it'd be hilarious, and not to mention unbelievable if Optimus went "Okay Bumblebee, what's the plan?" :lol