Bumblebee 2 possible cast and release date

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's really more of a speculation piece, but it's not a bad guess. I'd be happy with an October release date. Not a lot comes out that time of year, and I'd prefer it to another December release date.

Filming this year seems a bit unlikely. I'm sure they have a lot of pre-production work to do first. As of a few weeks ago, it didn't seem like they were even working on it yet. I'd think filming will happen in 2020, and it would still release in 2021. The first movie had a longer gap between filming and release because they pushed the movie back six months. If they stick to a schedule this time, that gap should be shorter.

Honestly though, I kind of hope they do the Optimus movie first (or even the animated prequel, or another ensemble movie). I think putting out two Bumblebee movies in a row might be a bit much. Don't want people fatigued on the character. (Kind of like what happened with BB-8). I think it would be more interesting to see something else, then revisit the Bumblebee series after that (plus, that would give Travis Knight time to finish his current project and come back).

• Like Like x 5
  3. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lorenzo said that Optimus movie will be too hard since he looks Optimus as a stoic and "always do the right thing" character. Maybe Bumblebee 2 will focus on both Bumblebee and Optimus

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I don't think that means they're not doing one, just that it's a bit trickier to tackle than a Bumblebee movie. Bumblebee has always been more of an everyday guy, so he's fairly easy to write for. Optimus is generally a more distant character, so they have to be very careful about how they handle him. I think they'll do it, they'll just have to step out of the box a bit more than they did with Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Guesses and supposition.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It sems writers will be using the phrase "Transformers universe" permanently now. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.