Bulkhead and Ironhide.

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jan 29, 2012.

1. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironhide is my favorite, but I can't really see him being in Prime. Just because of Bulkhead though. But.... honestly, I just want a voyager prime toy of him haha. I don't even care if he's in the show, just give him the prime treatment in toy form!

2. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I have heard that Bulkhead was originally planned to be Ironhide, but was changed to Bulky when they realized how similar he was to his previous incarnate. That's the only thing I could see them being compared to besides their uses as a tank and the big guy. Otherwise, their personalities are almost exactly opposites.

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't worry, ironhide will replace bulkhead when Miko goes and skips through the space bridge AGAIN, gets kidnapped (or whatever) and Bulky dies rescuing her.

at least thats my prediction for the big character development for Miko, she'll have to live with the knowledge that her antics got Bulkhead killed.

i guess i assume Ironhide will be in the show somehow, since he at least has a cyberverse commander toy in the works. Maybe just for a cameo though- we'll see. If BUlky dies i bet Ironhide will be his tough guy archetype replacement.

4. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not to sure about putting wheeljack as the muscle tough guy role for when bulkhead dies. I forget what episode it was it might of been one shall fall Rachet states to the current autos we have now " I known optimus longer than any of you" what this means is that Rachet has Arcee,Bulkhead, and Bumblebee beat in knowing optimus prime the longest which leaves room for a bot like Ironhide to show up in prime

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I've been thinking.What if Grimlock was Team Prime's muscle instead of both Bulkhead and Ironhide?

It would've actually been more intresting to see because it could explore his ideaolgy not to mention get into clashes with Optimus. He would've been the BW Dinobot of Prime.

He'd may get along well with Miko kiust as long as she doens't temot him to go postal on her!:lol 

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

There has been times when they talk like old friends. Off the top of my head, Masters and Students when Optimus is actually willing to show his softer side to Ratchet by telling him that a part of him wished to change Megatron rather than slay him.

7. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What im saying is find I Wheeljack as a disciplen Cliffjumper and mechanic of the group not the muscle. My second arguement is that there still a big hole for Optimus to have another that knew or knows him longer than Rachet did will leaves Ironhide a strong possibitlyto show up in prime.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Well look at the way Wheeljack tore through those generic Cons, smashed Starscream into the ground, kicked Makeshifts ass and the mere fact that he is a wrecker.

As for Ratchet, I personally feel that he and Optimus are close, they just have stubborn personalities that don't allow them to show it often. Plus this show isn't that great with character development. But that's my opinion on the matter.

9. keetongu

keetongu Active Member

Iam Guessing Bulkhead focuses more on demolishion and fists, while ironhide is more trigger happy with cannons

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

TFA Bulkhead was the kid friendly char, now, in TFP he's just another character, I don't see much kid-friendly attitudes in him (just with Miko, of course), anyways...
    I don't think hide and bulk are similar, except for the fact that both of them are the tought guy of the team

11. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I can't see Ironhide wanting to protect Miko. It's would be like "I get to earth and Ratchet's making me protect this irritating human?!"

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I agree, Bulkhead is far far different from Iron Hide. He's the 'iron giant' of the team. His big nature easily hides his caring personality. In some ways he may still act a bit childish, imo(leaving Vince because he's a jerk). But he's still learning.

I think Bulkhead is the kind of person that would be nice to have a couple of drinks with. I think he may have a funny up beat personality.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

A couple of points... Ironhide (G1 Ironhide at least) was never "big and strong". He was tough certainly because of his armour plating (which rarely got mentioned in the cartoon), but no stronger than Prowl, or Sideswipe, or Wheeljack. His main thing was just being "the old cowboy/soldier". Bayformer Ironhide is not so different I guess, though they replaced age with guns. :) 

Bulkhead has only had 2 real incarnations, but I think it's worth pointing out that Animated Bulkhead is actually pretty different than Prime Bulkhead. They look alike, and are both strong (and clumsy), but it pretty much ends there. In fact, while both of them are destructive, TFA Bulkhead breaks things by accident... TFP Bulkhead breaks things because he puts on a violent macho display when he loses his temper. TFA Bulky is the big friendly goof. He's not a warrior, and in fact he likes to avoid conflict, though when he gets angry watch out. He a formally trained spacebridge engineer, so he's not really all that dumb. Prime Bulkhead on the other hand, is the straight up warrior, the tough-guy, the one who's itching for a fight... he's not all that bright, but he's always willing to hit something. He's a much more straightforward soldier-jock.

In that sense, I have a lot less affinity for Prime Bulkhead because he just isn't as endearing or original as the first Animated version.

If you were looking for a link between Ironhide and Bulkhead, I'd say that Prime Bulkhead is written as how I would expect a YOUNG Ironhide to have been.

zmog

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I didn't mean Ironhide but yeah I can totally see him saying that!:lol 

What I mean is that if Grimlock was Team Prime's muscle instead of both Bulkhead and Ironhide it may have a different dynamic with him and Miko if she pairs up with Grimlock as well as the team as a whole.

Think about it they could learn from each other like how Miko's in to heavy and destructive things but by being with Grimlock she may learn that being adventorus with robots is truley a dangerous position to be in escpially one like Grimlock who's known to be the most violent Autobot out there.She may learn from it by being almost killed from Grimlock's action which may unintentinally tramuatize her.

Grimlock can also learn about why Optimus follows the idealogly of life insted of complete realism which can cause one to be cynical about life. He couls also learn about how small creatures like humans have astrength more precous and strong then mere brute force like if he get irratated at Miko at first by her additude but overtime he warms up and starts to be more like a gaurdian. He could have the same character growth in the likes of how his Marvel and IDW incarnations did when they relized what thier flaws cost him wiht the loss of his friends and morals.

Grimlock of course can get into clashes with Optimus often like with BW Dinobot and Primal from Beast Wars as well as being a bit hostal toward the teammates. He may be more respecting towards Arcee due to perhaps being in the same position as he is.

That's my thoughts but anyway I'm good with how Bulkhead's doing in Prime. Ironhide would be good too but I'd rather see Grimlcok more.

15. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I can see Ironhide being the cowboy, armed to the teeth, guns a blazing, kinda like Jayne on Firefly. Always goes for overkill. Doesn't totally see the point in protecting the humans, but will follow Prime's orders out of respect.

16. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What if they did through in Ironhide, but pulled a wheeljack and basically totally changed the character. How would you guys want him then? Or rather, how would you see Hasbro changing him?

17. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I think Bulkhead and Ironhide represent two different version of The Big Guy;
    Heavy Weapons guy (Ironhide)
    Melee/Brawler (Bulkhead)

so you could have both and make it FEEL like a team. Not a five-man-band, which tends to make it hard for new characters to show up.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    They aren't that much alike. but they were going to do Ironhide, but as they realized the character they were writing WASNT Ironhide, they switched it to Bulkhead. Because of that, people now seem to see them as interchangeable.

19. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    True. I see them not being interchangeable, but rather more of possibly being Bash Brothers if ever put in combat together.

20. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy, they aren't very similar at all