Built, not born

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daniel 97, Dec 18, 2016.

1. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Throughout the many different Transformers continuities in the years, several different ways of reproduction have been revealed. A robot could be either constructed entirely from scratch and then activated, forged and then infused with life or created inside another robot. As far as I know these are the only ways of reproduction for the transformers race since they can't have sex, right? In the live-action series it has originally been established that their origin ties with the AllSpark, which "holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life". Now, to me this implies that the Cube only gives life to already built bodies or machinery and not that it actually constructs the object and then vivifies it. This could be confirmed based on what we see in the first film, the so called "AllSpark mutation", which is essentially what happens when machines are affected by a energy pulse emitted from the Cube, it brings them to life. We don't know much about the Cube's backstory and nature but I assume most of the Decepticons and Autobots were not created by it, as even though both seem to share the same radioactive aura, the ones given life by it in the 07 as well as the 09 movie appear to be mindless beasts, non sentient, whereas Prime, Megatron and rest clearly are "alive".
    My guess is that the Quintessons forged and used the AllSpark simply as tool to give life to the robots on the assembly line, meaning that mindless units first had to be designed and then have their spark ignited. Also what if the mighty AllSpark did in fact create many other worlds as Optimus said that it could create worlds. What do you think?​

2. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the allspark mutations were also alive ... but they were a primitive form of cybertronian, while the other had cycles of evolution ...

as for the allspark giving life on other planets, I could see that being an open door to the colonies appearing in the bayverse like in IDW

3. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From what happens in TF2007 and AOE it appears that they have to be made of Transformium and given a spark by the Allspark. Just made from the metal, they can transform but are mere machines to be operated; an object given Allspark Energy can transform and take a primitive form, but don't have a proper spark.

It's a bit like an operating system: they have to have the correct hardware and software.

How this explains how some were built and others (like the Young Decepticon protoforms) appear to be grown remains to be seen.

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    @Reverse Prime What about the Xbox, Nokia phone and Mountain Dew machine from 2007. Surely they have proper sparks because ya'know it come from the Allspark?

5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure the answers will be revealed in TLK as well as others from the last 4 movies

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    That's what I'm looking forward to.

7. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, don't expect to get an answer of almost everything.

8. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    Well they had Allspark energy given to them, but not necessarily the orb-like sparks that the Cybertronians have. Think of it like souls; humans have them, but traditionally not animals. So in the same way, the feral robots just made with Allspark energy have energy and life but no soul.

I only say that because if the Allspark gives life and the ability to transform, why would they need to be made of Transformium? So my way of reconciling it is to think they need both the Transformium and the Allspark to have a spark formed.

9. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    Quote from Orci:
    AllSpark Mutation - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  10. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

These movies never explain anything

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

12. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Stegosaurus brain

I thought we already knew that. :lol 

Joking aside, I had the thought that the Allspark is just another Seed, but maybe a more refined model than what we saw in Age of Extinction.

13. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Another thing that I forgot to mention last time. Remember how Megatron and the AllSpark shared the same markings?

14. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah but you know they all have those glyphs(haven't seen that much in AOE)not only Megatron so the Quintessons either put the same markings on the Bots as they did on the Allspark or the Allspark has nothing to do with them and the Allspark gave them that but I doubt it because the Seed also had those so it would be safe to assume they did that on the Allspark and it was made of Transformium too but it was only a vessel like The Fallen said.

15. daniel 97

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Maybe Megatron purposely tattoed them on his body? After all in other TFs iterations he names himself after Megatronus, so maybe he has a passaion of worshiping stuff that he doesn't directly understand?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  16. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Think of the glyphs as labels on toys. If we could plainly read them, it would be like the Transformers were laden with "(c) Hasbro 1990" here, and "Made in Taiwan" there, etc. :wink: 

17. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

I think Cybertronians, including Optimus, were initially built out of Transformium by the Quintessons to be a race of robotic slaves.

At some point later, by accident or design, the Allspark is the artifact that gave them life. The Transformers didn't know where it came from because they literally did not have life before the Allspark gave them life.

As to the Allspark mutations, obviously the machines they came from are made of metals from Earth, however that may not automatically contradict the Seed-Transformium-Quintesson origins. It is certainly possible that there is more than one way to make a Transformer in a given continuity.

It's possible the Allspark has the ability to turn terrestrial metals into Transformium just like the Seeds converted organic life into Transformium. It's also possible the Allspark mutations are unlike both Cybertronians and KSI's prototypes and are not made of Transormium, and that the Allspark is a more advanced form of technology that can program both Transformium and metals that are not Transformium. However, I personally prefer the former idea that the Allspark can turn metals that are not Transformium into Transformium.