budget cuts on the old classic deluxe optimus prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MadProject, Dec 25, 2016.

1. MadProject

MadProject Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    deluxe optimus.jpg

The more I look at this toy, the more I have the feeling that the legs were supposed to collapse for the transforming.
    The kneecaps are long enough to cover the hips, and the thights are small enough to be able to enter the lower leg.
    I think that original concept for this toy should have been able to collapse them (forming a lot more better proportioned truck) but it was cut out in the final toy for breaking/budget issues.
    In the digibas I did (that you can see above) I tried to collapse them to show what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    It is a shame, the toy exhibits so much potential.
    I also feel there were a few little tweaks that could have made this an exceptional toy and character representation.
    I dunno if there ever would be an appetite within Hasbro/TT to revise the toy.

3. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I love this toy and just now am replacing it with the mp10v. This figure had a good run though. I am selling it along with some other classics figures. Check out my trade page and help me to unload