BTS-01S Mobile Command Base with Rollout Drone

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by 0R10N P4X, Apr 23, 2009.

1. voldemort82

voldemort82 Voldetron

Ebay:
    I had the same idea as you!
    But unfortunately, from the video review, it seems that dragstrip would not be able to enter the trailer in alt mode... :rolleyes2 

2. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Prime all the way.

3. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I like it a lot. Pluses for me:
    * The non-boxy front end fits the Classics motif really well despite not being "true-to-life". Also helps disguise the fact that it's actually way taller than an in-scale trailer should be (The wind vanes on real semis are equal in height to the trailer, which is the entire point of them.)
    * Instead of spitting down the middle of the roof like G1, it splits along the corner. Makes it look more open and accessible.
    * Roller as the wheels of the trailer is particularly creative and innovative.

5. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    I got my Nemesis Mobile Command Base in today, and I absolutely love it.

The production quality, paint, and plastic used are all very professional. The sculptural details are just spectacular; barely a square inch of the trailer is untextured in some way, with pipes, valves, displays, meters and control panels thoughtfully applied on every surface.

Mine had a few little paint flubs on the silver stripe, but it's nothing that couldn't be covered by an appropriately intentional Decepticon faction sticker. I'm also little concerned about the screws they used, as most of mine seem to be terribly stripped right out of the box, and the "Crane Arm" part of my trailer looks really warped at the ends, like the act of screwing it together around the balljoint is stretching the plastic further than it was intended to go. Though it all holds together and stays in position fine, so it's not necessarily a problem. Also, my little trailer hitch part doesn't stay attached to Nemesis Prime as well as some of the reviews seems to imply, but it certainly stays as good as or better than the old G1 trailer ever did on G1 Prime, so I can't complain.

My only real complaints are that the trailer is just a little too narrow for most of the autobot cars to fit inside at all, and there's nothing to support the fold-down panels in base mode, so they tend to collapse a lot. A simple folding support peg would have totally alleviated this entirely, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Also, the Roller drone really does have some terribly loose retractable wheel assemblies. It's also not a dealbreaker, but I took mine apart and added magnets inside the slides to hold them in position securely, now it works like a charm. ;) 

Cars tested and fit:
    Movie Jazz, Movie Jolt, Movie Barricade, Movie Bumblebee, Movie Big Daddy, Classics Sunstreaker, Classics Bumblebee, and of course most G1 cars. The measurement for the "car holding area" is 1.75" tall, by 2.5" wide, by 6" deep. So if a car fits within that size constraint then you can be reasonably sure it will store in the trailer.

6. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Added a bunch of new pictures in trailer mode in the original post.

7. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Does it swivel as you turn the truck?

8. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Yes.

9. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    Finally found my missing camera and snapped some pics:

This is the hitch that the trailer attaches to -- the whole cylindrical thing rotates, and the rectangular socket sort of clips onto the vestigial rectangular peg thoughtfully left on the Prime mold.

[​IMG]

Just like in that one Youtube review, on my trailer, I can fold out the side, and it's fine by itself, unless I set a car on it, then it just collapses under the weight of even a deluxe-sized car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can get it to stay horizontal properly as long as I put roller UNDER the side panel to support it:

[​IMG]

In fact, you can peg one end of him under the trailer, and use that to support the side panel.But then you are entirely without your little roller, which kind of sucks.

I might have to try and engineer a better fix for this later on, because it's a real oversight and it bothers me. It's one of those "We conveniently left this out of the official photos and description" situations, where it looks fine just sitting there, but don't dare try to use it or else it all comes apart.

[​IMG]

And on my little claw arm, you can see how it looks distended and warped around the ball joint, and it may be hard to see, but the screws are totally stripped on the arm, so I couldn't tighten it or loosen it if I WANTED to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other than the slight paint blemishes I had to cover with a sticker, I have no problems with the trailer. It really is a fantastic effort by a third party, and I don't regret buying it at all.

10. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Holy shiets! This give me more reason to buy one. But I need a Nemesis Prime. Thanks for the pics and detailed description brah!

11. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Weird, I don't have sagging problems on my trailer. Maybe try to add a little friction to the joints?

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though the design doesn't do it for me, I have to say that all the reports of the trailer's durability and build quality are making BTS Toys out as a -very- promising garage company to keep an eye on. :D 

13. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Nice info, but wow, that's a lot of gripes. This makes me not want it anymore. Having that many issues worries me.

14. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'll probably get this one and FansProject, the BTS trailer would be a backup for OP or use it for Ultra Magnus. For Nemesis Prime...maybe, but I'll wait if FansProject will repaint theirs for NP... keeping fingers cross. But if not then I'll get the BTS for him, too.

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review man. I like how you explained a good bit about the trailer without writing a novel like some reviewers do :thumb 

16. ShadowStitch

News Credits:
    I don't want to dissuade you from getting it -- for every problem I mention there's a dozen other things I absolutely LOVE about the trailer. Even taking out of consideration that it *IS* a fan-work, and the price is considerably less than any other trailer on the market for the quality and playability you get, even compared to Masterpiece level trailers.

Rather than go on and on about why I like it, when everyone's reasons for liking something are different, I subscribe to the "Brutal Honesty" school of reviews and feedback. Because everyone is going to gush over what they LOVE about a toy -- very few people will tell you what they DON'T like, and what you should be wary of.

17. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Nah man, i totally appreciate your brutal honesty. Always good to hear about things that bother people cuz those same things may bother me as well (more importantly the way you used constructive criticism makes you seem unbiased - which is what we need - unbiased opinions). So thanks for the additional info man. Personally, the things you pointed out bother me a bit too much. I'll see what others have to say - maybe your situation is rare.

18. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I can't seem to find any Youtube reviews for this thing. Can you provide a link?

19. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I posted it a few pages back.

20. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

Just got my BTS Prime trailer today! This thing is awesome and all, but does anybody know the trick to getting the trailer to stay in connected to Prime? He just pops out every time I try pushing him into the little connector socket on the trailer.