BSG Season Three tomorrow!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foster, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Great episode and way to kick the season off. Col. Tigh has become my new favorite character. He's become even more of a hardass now.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. I honestly didn't think they'd be able to dig themselves out of the hole they got into at the end of season 2, but that was stunning. Some of the darkest scenes I've seen in a TV show in ages.

3. edkwon

edkwon Active Member

Yeah i read in Entertainment weekly the makeup artists borrowed the same fat belly prosthesis that pregnant sharon used and modified it to fit Adama a little better.

Ed

4. edkwon

edkwon Active Member

Tigh is definitely one of the more interesting characters in the show now, my feeling is the things he's doing to fight for the survival of humanity is WAY over the line yet hes aware of that and knows when everything is done and over, he will have to pay the reprecussions with his soul, however he thinks that saving humanity from the cylons is a small price to pay for the horrific acts that he's created. Also he's taking the burden of doing those terrible things on his own shoulders so ppl like Roslin dont have to have their souls tainted by making those decisions, they can object and still retain their moral high ground when everything is back to normal.

I suspect when Tigh said he's made these kinds of decisions all the time in the past, maybe they haunted him and thats why he developed his drinking problem prior to the series start.

Its cool how they took a concept from the miniseries (wanton killing of a massive amt of ppl = 9/11) and then flipped it around so now our beloved heroes are the ones committing the atrocious terrorist acts.

Ed

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Actually, I think they're still remaining impressively topical. My Dad was saying that the Cylon occupation was dauntingly familiar to our "aide" in Iraq.

However, you know as well as I do that if we go down this road, this thread will be locked. That's all I'm going to say on that.

I am FUCKING PSYCHED for this Friday's episode. My Dad and I are hooked on this. It's TV crack. It's sooooooo cool. Battlestar Galactica is amazing television.

6. edkwon

edkwon Active Member

Yes, BSG has more or less ruined me for television, nearly all other shows right now pale in comparison, sci-fi or not. Makes you realize how much lousy writing is out there when you actually watch a show that is intelligently written, does not insult the audience and gives us the benefit of doubt that we do not need to be spoonfed narrative, plot.

Ed

7. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I love this show! The writing is soo tight. Its great how they put their heroes into such tight spots and then it takes half the season before they can get out of it (if they can at all).

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The only thing I'm not on board with is the situation with Starbuck. I know it's been 4 months of occupation, but I never saw all this maternal stuff surface before. Seems off, especially the warming up to her Cylon captor.

Everything else, especially Tigh and the Chief, goosebumps. And Dean Stockwell FTW.

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm just going to hope for the best and assume that Starbuck is pulling a Starscream. EG, making Leoben think she's warming up, maybe pretend to be a family and get his trust, then make an escape later in the season.

Just my guess.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I REALLY hope that Starbuck doesn't go all wishy-washy on us. I keep hoping that this sad-sad mother stuff is just a front until she can peg both the Cylon "husband" and the hybrid kid at the same time and GTFOutta there!