2D Artwork: Bruticus - Combined Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ::ONE::, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    it looks amazing, you really need to finish each Combaticon and it would be perfect!

2. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

That new head is superb.

3. darthjawa

darthjawa Transformer Hunter

Looks awesome !! Great work. This NEEDS to be in the 3rd movie. If you have the time I'd like to see your take on the Stunticons and Menasor.

4. red4

red4 Banned

I like how you essentially redesigned Blackout and Brawl. I know your Blackout is technically Vortex, but they've got the same alt mode. Either way, I think your robot mode for that helicopter is cooler than Blackout's robot mode. Also, your redesign for Brawl's robot mode is awesome too - it looks a lot like a traditional mech. I also love that you included Swindle. He may technically be a Combaticon, but I personally don't regard him as the violent warrior type. I imagine him constantly pitching sales. Hey! He's Uncle Bobby B. reincarnated.

Repeater is awesome because he would be the first Bayverse wheelbot WHO CAN STAND ON HIS OWN if he was made into a toy.

Blast-off is awesome simply because I've wanted to see an A-10 Warthog turn into Bayverse robot.

Onslaught is, well, not very interesting. I mean, he looks just as cool as the other Bayverse robots in the movies, but he's not very eye-catching. That's not really a critique though; they don't all have to be incredibly different.

Bruticus's various heads are... typical, but fit perfectly in the Bayverse. So don't worry.

Overall, I think you're kicking the collective ass of every other entry so far.

5. jbvirus

jbvirus Autobot

man how did u manage to get this thing made within just a couple of days of the contest opening? its really cool, im just sad mine is going to lose

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hot Damn!!! Now this,this is a combiner. Yeah you are definitely in the running for victory.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love this design. I woudl love for them to use this is... SOMETHING!

8. spot101

spot101 Active Member

HOLY SHIAT!!!!!

:bowdown: :bay :bowdown: 

9. ::ONE::

::ONE:: Interceptor

Update:

Swindle and Vortex Concept added :thumbs2: 

10. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

Very awesome! I think you're really pushing this beyond the limits! I cant wait to see your Blast Off concept art.

11. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    This concept is so well thought out and exicuted I feel it may be pointless for me to enter... :( 

Seriously, this is some top notch work worthy of passing on to Mr. Bay for TF3

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

That. Is. AWSEOME.

I especially like the sheild idea for the head.

13. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    I think this and downshifts wheeljack should be put in tf3 or if they make it, tf4! cross your fingers!

14. ghostwave

ghostwave Lets make BISCUITS!!

dude,you owe me a new pair of pants. thats crazy insanely awsome.

15. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: :bay 
    I just had a nerdgasem.
    :drool: 

16. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

Amazing! Great work. Would love to see something more come of this design.

17. Goldstorm

Goldstorm Banned

michael bay, take lessons PLZ

18. Boltax

Boltax I'm a Veronica man.

Interesting. I wonder how long you've been working on this...? It seems like a lot of work considering you've entered it so quickly!

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about your entry. I like the individual Combaticons quite a lot. They look really spiffy and interesting. But Bruticus... just looks like another big robot.

It's been mentioned in the thread previously that he looks like a simplistic photo-manipulation. I disagree -- he's definitely complex. But I can't help but wish there was more movement in his parts -- it's all a bit static. Like the tank is still a tank, not an arm.

The bipedal approach is unfortunate from a pure design standpoint -- he feels like he desperately needs MUCH bigger feet, or a stabilising tail, or extra legs -- I don't feel like there's been much thought about the physics of this combiner in his design. Devastator walks on all fours because he is SO enormous -- I'm just not seeing how those tiny, tiny feet, set back as they are, could POSSIBLY support the weight of Bruticus. Not to mention those ENORMOUS arms connected so tenuously to that tiny torso.

It really feels like his arms would simply fall off under their own weight. That lack of attention to the physicality of the thing really hurts the design for me.

All that said -- there's a lot to like here. The individual Combaticons, as I've said, are great, and I do like the way Bruticus' torso looks, alot. I like his face too, it's a nice, simple, movie design. The presentation here is just spectacular, and I have to admit I think you've got a really, really strong chance of winning this one.

It's a great choice of characters -- a strong core idea... but that physics thing nags at me each time I look at it.

--Boltax.
    (Good luck. I hope my comments are positive and helpful for you.)

19. ::ONE::

Thanks for your comments, and yes youre quite right in some points, sure the giant robot could be a lot better and if someone is going to do a movie of this,
    it will need some serious adjustments.

The arm-tank still a tank?...well it reminds me to the classics, when arm-space shuttle (Blast-Off) was a space shuttle with a fist attached to it, think is not that bad :D 

Always could be better :thumb 

20. ::ONE::

Update:

Blast-Off Concept added :thumbs2: