Bruticus Cannon ID?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Toker, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Was looking at eBay auctions for Bruticus parts and came up this picture. Can anyone ID what the back cannons are? I don't remember seeing them before. Unfortunately, it isn't the actual auction item, so I have no idea what it is.

[​IMG]

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Not sure why but I want to say the rifles look like they're from one of the MMC hexatron KOs.

Checked. Yep.

3. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    They look like MMC's Terminus Hexatron Shadow Emissary guns to me. :) 

IMG_5598.JPG

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    #ninjas

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Thanks. Doesn't look like they sell the guns separately. Although the complete bot which I assume is a KO is not much more than buying the PE PC-10.

6. Ralphenator

Ralphenator Well-Known Member

Bruticus.jpg
    I'm still trying to figure out where these guns came from. They certainly are not the PC set.

7. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    Those guns come from dollar tree in a military men multipack and need modified to fit that way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ralphenator

Really? Dollar Tree? Cool, I will go there and take a look. Nothing like getting an upgrade kit for a couple of dollars!

9. Ralphenator

IMG_3255crop.jpg IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3254.JPG
    I thought I would post this in case anyone was still looking to make themselves some nice CW Bruticus back cannons for cheap. Went to the Dollar Tree as suggested by ichnach (Thanks by the way). You have to buy two of these guys since only one gun comes with each. I also bought some plastic drywall screws. If you go to the Home Depot, you can find a whole section that specializes in screws that will drill and hold in drywall. The screw you can throw away. It's the plastic part that you want. They are about three dollars a package. Find ones that are about the size of the holes on Onslaught's backpack.

All you need to do is drill a hole in the bottom of the guns, cut the screws and shave the plastic so that they can become the handles of the guns, then paint the guns if you like or just stick them on if you are okay with the plastic look. I decided to paint mine with Rustoleum Dark Steel universal paint. Worked like a charm. It runs for around $7.00 a can.

Overall, I am pleased with the outcome. I think these guns give the PC set a run for the money, but of course it doesn't come with the head and shockwave adapter which I didn't care at all about. All of this for around $5-6 dollars, $12.00 if you want to paint it and don't have the paint.