Broken toys!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark Jedi, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm sure we all have them lying around in a box or drawer. The last stand of some Autobot battalion. One Decepticon brawl too many got the better of them. Share their story here and post some pictures to.

Currently Black Jack was the victim of an over zealous shoulder pivot that stretched beyond the plastic tab. I took out the pin in the arm to correct the issue and it bounced off my desk into the carpet sea never to be seen again.

Attached Files:

2. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    The Booster on my Generations Leader Jetfire just...cracked and feel apart. No explanation. Maybe it was the FL heat?

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky when it comes to broken toys.

3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    When I first got the 2007 Movie Deluxe Bee well lets just say he didn't last long.

Heck I can't seem to get the leg back on its peg on Deluxe Animated Megatron from that two pack.

4. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got Torca some time back in the exchange. It was always one of my all time favorite designs and I was stoked to finally have one.
    Took it out of the box to show to my girlfriend, and the tail just snapped right off.
    I just stood there in shock holding both pieces, unable to respond to her "Is that supposed to do that?".

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

GPS strikes again.

Incidentally, with the new forum look and stuff can we put pictures from Facebook directly here???

Never reorganize your shelves with a cat in the house, seriously, the very elusive and hard to find RTS Windcharger took a tumble off the windowsill during a display reorganization when the cat wanted to look at the outside and bask in the sun, his leg's balljoint snapped off after taking a dive to the floor. He was a gift from my parents who got him out of town, which was a big deal because grown man, parents don't buy me toys anymore period, sadly to this day I have not been able to repair it or replace it. And with the CW Legends becoming my Windcharger for the collection now I'm not sure if I ever will.

6. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    G2 Hook. Wasn't the normal bits that normally break on the mold, but his arms. Still don't know why it happened by his arms just became jammed one day. Younger me tried using force to fix it and well now he has no arms. G2 Fireflight his right wing was super tight, just snapped clean off one day while I was turning him into a leg for Superion.

Oh yeah and G2 Slingshot. I don't think I really need to elaborate. Thank God Hasbro did that G2 set though. Now I have a complete version again, that hopefully won't break this time.

7. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

I got a big bin of secondhand Beast Wars figures a long time ago, and one of the figures was a B'Boom who was missing the waist pin. My dad and I fixed it using a panel nail, and I think that you can do the same thing. Just use a piece of wire or nail that will fit, cut it to length, and glue in place if needed. I don't actually have that many broken figures, and the ones I do I usually find a way to fix it. Missing parts, on the other hand...

The only figure I've got currently that is broken is CW Blades, I just haven't had the time or energy to put him back together, even though I have parts and a plan.

8. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot ignore the post #'s

I remember back around 2008, I got a deluxe movie Bumble Bee. Well, that was the last time I bought anything from the movies, because the arm snapped right off.

9. CyborgimusPrime

CyborgimusPrime Well-Known Member

Now I know I shouldn't expect much, but I recently picked up a Transmetal Megatron at Savers, good condition and unbroken. Upon his first transformation, the piece that covers his right shoulder snapped right off. I was discouraged but managed to glue him and retain his ability to transform. Upon attempting to complete transformation he snapped in half an fell apart at the waist!

Again, I re glued him, and actually removed the ratchets in his waist since it locks in place in bot mode anyway. Needless to say, his is staying in bot mode forever. Only later on I realized after some googling, that he is commonly victim to the infamous GPS.

10. Jack Of Clubs

Jack Of Clubs Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My first ever Transformer was Windcharger, and he was the first one to lose a wheel.

I had a Horri-Bull -- complete with Kreb -- that I picked up at a yard sale when I was about twelve. A few months down the road, the hinge on his bull head broke. I managed to somehow get it re-affixed with some quick kid ingenuity and an extremely bent jumbo paper clip, and it held him together for another 10-plus years!

11. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Something seems wrong with the side panels of ROTF HA Mudflap... can't seem to put it back on... in my anger I lost the piece... fuck

12. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I've only had a few issues with any figures breaking, but the one that irritates me the most is MP Tracks. The upper section of his right arm started splitting at the pin from how it transforms. I replaced him when he was on sale a while back and the replacement is doing the exact same thing. I've since glued them with JB Weld Plastic Bonder. Both are holding so far and can still transform, but I don't know how long it will last before they both lose an arm.

13. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

The first figure to ever break on me was from overuse - G1 Optimus Prime. I was transforming him, and the leg falls off. The rounded top of the chromed portion of the leg just gave way. And after just a million or so transformations as a kid.

I remember I had a couple of G1 Swoops that lost their heads. I think it must have been a common issue based on the number of headless Swoops I've seen over the years.

14. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Battle Blade

The G1 Scrapper (missing weapons, cockpit, and Devastator parts), G1 Blades (missing his rotor), and RID Megatron (missing his tail) I've bought have been incomplete, but as for actually broken figures... I have a few. Pretty much any figure I owned before DOTM Deluxe Bumblebee is broken or missing pieces. There are way too many to list, but the ones I still actually have are Movie Deluxe 1974 Camaro Bumblebee, Classics Deluxe Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime, Movie Deluxe Legacy of Bumblebee set "Classics" Bumblebee, Animated Deluxe Bumblebee, Universe Ultra Class Onslaught, ROTF Deluxe Preview Bumblebee, and assorted broken pieces of various Movie and ROTF Legends Class figures. They're all collecting dust in a box in my closet, and unless I figure out how to sell them on eBay for parts, there they shall remain for all time...

15. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    aside for GPS most of my toys are in good condition. but to be fair, 90% of my collection has been bought in the last 18-24 months. most of my "old" collection was sold

16. Imperator

Imperator The last, best hope for humanity

Actually, surprisingly, it's not. The same thing has happened to my Torca, and it's dark blue plastic on a metal hinge pin. The gold plastic creaks worryingly with every touch though, so it's on borrowed time now.

17. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

-Combiner Wars G2 Blackjack was broken upon arrival. His right thigh's socket cracked and pulled itself apart... Or it's missing a piece...? I can't honestly tell.
    -Combiner Wars Bruticus took an unfortunate tumble when I wasn't around. Onslaught's backpack had Vortex's machine gun tabbed into the back port meant for Shockwave, which cracked, and I believe something on Vortex himself cracked slightly.
    -Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo's 5mm port on his back(one of 'em anyway) The one that's too brittle/small for his machine gun.(That gun mold, man... Always cracking things...)
    -Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron. First an arm hinge, then the part on the opposite side where one of his pauldrons attached... My hubris was overcome by his frail body the day he arrived... Figured I could get him into robot mode at least once...
    -SEVERAL Magnaboss Silverbolts. I've got three of the bleedin' things now. One for each mode >:c

Probably a few more. These are the only ones that immediately spring to mind, barring swapping limbs on BW figures as a child and cracking/breaking ball sockets.