Broken / Damaged Transformer Discussion Party

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chrisr291, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

I'll never use grey Gundam Markers on hip/thigh joints ever again(or try too) especially on SS toys. The paint either eats the plastic or the added paint stresses the pegs.

Other colored paint doesn't seem to cause this problem.

2. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    3rd time transforming MP Dinobot, his right dino hand snapped off at the wrist. Ended up using epoxy to put it back on and some brown paint to cover it up. I have to take the dino arm off now when putting him in robot mode.

20210211_091106.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ford

Ford New Member

I just got SS86 Scourge from Pulse and the left arm snapped off leaving the peg inside the housing. I’m going to try and fix it, but should I cut my losses now and return it?

4. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    If you can’t return or fix I’ll buy it from you for a reasonable price. I need a part for a misassembled scourge.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  5. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Well-Known Member

That feeling when a Masterpiece breaks on you. C'mon hastak, these things command premium prices can't you make them a little more durable than dollar store knock offs?

I recently spent way too much (didn't everyone who bought it?) on an mp44. Lasted exactly a week before it broke. Not the knees, either, I haven't hardly moved the knees, just to attempt to be safe. No, it was half of one of the legs, not really sure exactly what happened, I wasn't being particularly rough on it (least I don't think so) but while I was sort of trying to transform it (for the 2nd time) suddenly I had a loose chunk of the figure in my hand. At first I thought something had just popped out of somewhere, and started looking to see where to pop it back in (like many a CHUG or the like), but on inspection, the shin had just snapped. I've tried gluing it back together, and it seems to hold okay, right until I transform it again, then it seems to come off again. I even bought a new bottle of glue that claimed it was stronger than super glue... The good news, even not glued it still seems to hold together pretty well in robot mode due to all the places it tabs together. Cab mode seems to hold okayish too. So if if I can't get it sorted, it's more or less just the world's most expensive partsformer. I'll probably just keep it in robot mode most of the time and hope someone comes out with an adapter so that TE Op Leader can use the mp44 trailer instead of the mp10 trailer...

• Like Like x 2
  6. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    My son was playing with Earthrise Scorponok and lost one of the titanmaster arms. I’ll probably spend the evening looking for it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Labotomus Prime

Labotomus Prime Member

I recently bought studio series leader class shockwave and right out of the box the left leg fell off at the hip joint/ pin. Luckily nothing technically "broke" it seems the pin and rotating plastic washer (if thats what its even called) just slipped out. I lightly glued them back in place without any problems with articulation or swivel. However in time, they slipped out again and now I can't find the steel pin or plastic black washer. I'm trying to brainstorm on what I can find at lowes to replace these parts perfectly to restore my figure.
    Any ideas guys?
    Thanks in aadvance

• Like Like x 1
  8. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Last month I found that my Transmetal Megatron's shoulder had broken off. I then checked the wiki and learned that Hasbro's TM Megs used crappy plastic for its torso. My only consolation is that I expect Hasbro will probably do new Transmetal Megs & OP in the next year or two, given that they're nearly done with season 1 BW characters.

Been a long time since I transformed original BW Scorponok; his tail snapped off. Ugh, that sucked. Thankfully, a new and much more show-accurate Scorponok is upon us even now. But the resell value of my original one just fell into the toilet. Bummer.

(Oooh, maybe we'll get recolors of Kingdom Scorponok as Omega Point Sandstorm and/or BotCon Japan DoublePunch!)

9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    My Barricade is missing a door wing. Still can't find it.

10. volatus

volatus Autopilot

Who's that chillin' in my pile of loot?
    8 Buck Scoop
    Scoop_1.jpg

An Autobot Constructicon that has his own troops...
    8 Buck Scoop

Scoop_2.jpg

Who uses clear plastic in his double-hinged roof?
    8 Buck Scoop
    Scoop_3.jpg

Broken or not, he's still a cool dude...

8 Buck Scoop
    Scoop_4.jpg

Dear Hasbro\Takara Tomy:

Please stop using clear plastic. Don't ever use it. It always breaks. That crap is just brittle and was probably already broken after the pin was put in. Seriously? 1mm thick clear plastic hinges with a pin rammed through them? Those tiny, frail, clear plastic hinges shattered when I went to rotate his roof back upward after taking the second picture. I am a very careful kind of person, but I didn't realize it was clear plastic until after it broke, because it's painted.

The play value of clear windows on a figure that has no interior space or decoration is less than zero. Instead, the figure is broken, and I have no illusions that epoxy or superglue are going to make a good fix for this guy.

Oh well--8 Buck Scoop is still my bro!

• Like Like x 12
  11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me months ago.

Lately, I've broken newer figures like Earthrise Smokescreen's windshield connector and Apeface's shield connector.

I'm noticing stress on Kingdom Airrazor's wing at one of the folding joints which pops off a lot too.

Even one of Kingdom Predacon Megatron's rubber panels has warped and I only have him a few weeks.

I want to break Kingdom Rattrap's ugly face. Only bought him so I could have other characters beat the faecal matter out of him.

• Like Like x 2
  12. xenicuslongpipe

xenicuslongpipe Active Member

Ahh I have found my spiritual home... hello friends!

MP 47 - Snapped leg clean in two, replaced it but actually performed a reasonable repair job with some zap a gap. So replacement is still in the box. My fault.
    MP 52 - Snapped off the weapons mount, attempted to repair it and made the whole thing significantly worse to the point of the whole arm having to be removed. Gutted. Totally my fault. May replace or keep an eye out for KO and hopefully swap over the arm. You're probably wondering what on Earth I could have done to completely destroy the arm.

What do I win?

• Like Like x 1
  13. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I think it's pointless, they all seem to have it. I didn't think mine did, but when I took a pic to post on the thread...Someone pointed it out. Took a closer look and there it was, a hairline crack originating where it was cut from the sprue.

14. Daaarttt

Daaarttt Local Cool Guy

Instagram:
    Recently bought a Preloved FOC Swindle, his hip ball joints were made of softer plastic, so I unknowingly pulled it clean off :( 

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leg flap on my Hasbro MP-10. I love that figure so that hurt.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Hah, I did that before realizing that those were there also. Upside is that it isn’t necessary to keep the alt mode together.

• Like Like x 2
  17. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wrong. I did the same mistake. The exhaust with the broken lab no longer tabs in and is lose, so the alt mode won't line up correctly, compared with the side that's not broken. Stupid design!
    I hated misaligned alt mode so much that I bought a replacement.

18. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Sorry yours doesn’t stay flush without the tab but mine does.

19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly can’t remember the last time I broke an official TF. The last figure I recall breaking that was actually my fault is that little Goodsmile Cyclion figure…dropped her from 5 feet onto concrete…her spiked heel snapped off…fixed with plastic weld cement…

20. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps both of your tabs are broken, causing both sides to be misaligned, thus making you think the alt mode is flush. Because you have nothing to compare it to. The broken tab side causes the exhaust on the arm not to line up with with the ones on his leg.