Broken / Damaged Transformer Discussion Party

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chrisr291, Feb 4, 2021.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Think of this thread as the, “I can’t believe I broke/damaged that figure” therapy group.

Yep, you spent three hundred bucks on that one of a kind item only to snap it’s leg off within days of receiving it!

I’ve damaged three transformers this year (so far) and I may have a problem. Hoping that old, “bad things happen in waves of 3” saying is true.

1. Shadow Panther: I actually sold this figure but in the process of transforming it; I snapped his robot arm clean off! Not a big deal because the arm will still hold fine but it sucks.

2. MMC Sphinx: Picked this figure up recently for a great price and I snapped some of the spoiler off yesterday. Easy fix with Super Glue.

3. I’m not ready to talk about it yet

E49E14F7-1963-4D14-810B-C83D6188F798.jpeg 9BC2C28F-816E-4FA9-BBC0-1C126B43491E.jpeg 951E89F1-2311-4129-BD71-C4D2FAE1F8F8.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. vladimir-pocket

vladimir-pocket Decepticon

News Credits:
    Oh man, my worst one happened pretty recently. The whole hip joint shattered on my DX9 Menasor. The ratchets were way too strong for the the plastic they used and moving the leg one click did it in. I wasn’t aware how widespread it was until after mine exploded.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

my copy of kingdom cyclonus broke straight out of the box
    his arm fell off and i can hear part of the metal pin rattling around inside his chest
    not sure if it was my fault or it was like that in the box, but it counts towards this thread anyway

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My SS86 Jazz has a crack in his windshield smack dab right the middle of the hinge points. Running right up and down the center of the windshield. Not sure when or how it happened, but not happy, and I'm worried I might need to get another.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I got the first Star Wars TF General Grevious not too long ago and both hips shattered from GPS.

6. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    the overuse of clear plastic on all these new toys WILL NOT last the test of time

• Like Like x 8
  7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Oopsie. Trying to rotate the base of the mosquito legs over Transquito's bulging muscles was obviously a dumb idea.

[​IMG]
    D'oh! Trying to brute-force a joint seized up because of a rubber part refusing to move didn't work out.

Protoform Starscream's suffered from GPS. RotF The Fallen's face popped off (heh), which was easy to glue back on at least. DotM Shockwave's ports are breaking from just having the tube plugged in. DotM Skyhammer's gun handle broke right as I was selling him. A fair number of others are simply old and worn and I'll probably end up looking for replacement parts eventually.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Broke the leg flaps of my first KBB Optimus.
    Bugged me so much that I bought another for bot mode.
    I use the broken version in altmode and for transforming.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I recently broke the front door window piece on my Nightbird figure and my Trailbreaker fell off the shelf and his arm snapped off. found affordable replacements for both. My son lost one of my exhaust guns for my unite Warriors menasor but I found a replacement on ebay.

I also recently bought two broken TR Fortress Maximus on ebay (one was complete but loose and cracked in some spots and faded pretty badly and the other was sturdy but missing some key parts like ramps and uh his head) and cobbled together a pretty sturdy Fort Max and even gave him those Perfect Effect upgrades and a sword. It cost me more then half of what he’s going for mint in box. That’s been a fun little covid side project. Need some decals though.

Heck if Broken Unicrons show up on ebay I might snatch one up.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Well-Known Member

One of the pegs on my Earthrise Grapple snapped off in the foot hole, a common problem. Fortunately, it still seems to work fine in either mode (other than not being able to peg weapons or accessories into one of the feet due to the peg filling it). Thing was, I was fairly cautious with it, knowing of the issue, and it seemed fine for a few weeks, then apparently a change in the weather (just a guess on my part) made it start to not come apart as smoothly anymore until finally it broke.

Yeah, that's why the, I guess it would be the hood, snapped off of my Walmart/Netflix Chromia. for some stupid reason the damn thing was completely painted, yet made out of transparent plastic so the hinges were way too fragile for such a part. What an awful design choice. It's the only version of that mold I have, so I don't know if the regular mass retail Siege version has the same issue.

I only hope Siege Omega Supreme's claw holds up better. At least it seems a little more built up making it seem like it should be a bit sturdier, but who knows in the long term... only time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  11. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About a year back I bought a vintage unbroken BW Magnaboss and completely went brain dead for a few moments and tried to put it in combined mode totally forgetting about the GPS on Silverbolt. Needless to say it is no longer unbroken.

• Like Like x 4
  12. gdg104198

Instagram:
    this is what happened to my Nightbird which used the same mold. I have the regular Chromia and always scared of breaking her or losing those grenades.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NO!!!! Ahhhh.... that stings.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That really sucks, but I can't blame you. Cool figure and if I wasn't thinking I might get overly excited and do the same thing.

Thats why, generally speaking, I have a policy of not buying figures whose death's are inevitible :'(

• Like Like x 2
  15. JackKnife

JackKnife Well-Known Member

I buy my stuff broken off of Ebay, so that usually puts me ahead of the game. Then I go and fix it; I figure you usually can't go much worse from there!

• Like Like x 9
  16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    That is why I am so leery when I see clear plastic used on joints like the knees on the ER Datsun mold. But I have had some bad experiences with clear plastic that ended up just as brittle as GPS. My Energon Demolishor's (dump truck) clear green arms snapped on me a while back and I was just barely trying to move them. Then seeing the split in the clear pin joint holding ER Ironhide's window chest makes me a little concerned trying to transform him.

Damn, that really sucks! GPS sucks for sure. I remember when my TM Megatron succumbed to GPS, I just couldn't believe how crumbly it was.

I don't know if it's actually broken, but I remember how disappointed I was when I picked up my UW Computron and seeing just how wobbly the combiner hip joints (Scattorshot's shoulders) had become. It's so bad that I have to use an old doll stand to display him when I have him combined. I mentioned it in another thread and I was told it would not be the easiest to try to remedy so I just left it alone.

17. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

I haven't experienced any real breakages, only widespread ones like Wolfwire's cracked cockpit hinges or Kingdom Blackarachnia's microscopic torso tab (it snapped as soon as I applied pressure with a sanding stick :confused: ).

In general, a lot of breakages for me tend to happen when I want to modify something but the process goes awry, though at that point it's just a matter of doing the ensuing repair myself. For example, I stressed the hell out of a hinge on ER OP's trailer trying to remove one of the shells, but it wasn't anything a heat gun couldn't fix.
    It's funny, toys being released nowadays make me just as afraid as if they were 20yo vintage toys I got secondhand. It might be a side effect of them switching facilities and not getting the formulas down pat (I've seen similar issues happen to opaque plastics on some recently released toys), but it's quite telling when I'm more confident moving Beast Machines Blackarachnia's spider head than any of ER Runamuck's/Runabout's internals once the new-toy feeling went away.
    I remember seeing the Siege Wave 2 Chromia's shell split in half before the Netflix version came out, the fracture wasn't even at the hinges.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    My Kingdom Optimus Primal is showing a crack where his right shoulder pad meets his chest. O.O

19. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

Snapped SS Jeep Bee's head off. Just happened to me yesterday to.

20. gdg104198

Instagram:
    just snapped the peg off of Studio Series 86 Hot Rods exhaust pipes on his arm during his first transformation. this is some flimsy plastic... other wise pretty cool figure...