Customs: Broke my MP Convoy

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by yami4ct, Mar 7, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I would say use epoxy, JB Weld (YES, it works on plastic), or you may have to drill and pin.

My experience with model cements and crazy glues says they won't hold long on a load-bearing stressful joint like that.

A picture would help a lot.

2. Sledge

Sledge Well-Known Member

JB weld is seconded here. I also recommend pinning it since the joint will be under stress. You don't need any special material for the pin since the JB weld should be holding it together. The pin is just to keep to stress minimized.

3. Sledge

Sledge Well-Known Member

JB weld is seconded here. I also recommend pinning it since the joint will be under stress. You don't need any special material for the pin since the JB weld should be holding it together. The pin is just to keep to stress minimized.

4. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to get a 20th prime on clearance and I'm just going to pop in a new joint. I don't think there's going to be any good way to fix him.

5. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to get a 20th prime on clearance and I'm just going to pop in a new joint. I don't think there's going to be any good way to fix him.

6. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

They will? Well, that's awesome news, because there's no way in hell I can afford one now.

Why will they get cheaper, if they're not available anymore?

7. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

They will? Well, that's awesome news, because there's no way in hell I can afford one now.

Why will they get cheaper, if they're not available anymore?

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope you can find a cheap replacement ,that sucks man damn

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope you can find a cheap replacement ,that sucks man damn

10. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i had an accident with my 20th anniv. op and how do i fix it. some one take a pic of the back of 20th anniv. op's upper back leg and i will show you where the break is

11. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i had an accident with my 20th anniv. op and how do i fix it. some one take a pic of the back of 20th anniv. op's upper back leg and i will show you where the break is

12. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Does JB weld adhere to metal? A part on my MP Skywarp repaint just broke further. I need to repair a plastic joint which articulates around a metal pin (which is too ******* large for the hole allowed for in the plastic in the first place, a common problem with MP Starscream)

13. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Does JB weld adhere to metal? A part on my MP Skywarp repaint just broke further. I need to repair a plastic joint which articulates around a metal pin (which is too ******* large for the hole allowed for in the plastic in the first place, a common problem with MP Starscream)

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the original one got as cheap as like $12 bucks sometimes, in some areas, just ask any one here. then you can buy like 12 lol.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the original one got as cheap as like $12 bucks sometimes, in some areas, just ask any one here. then you can buy like 12 lol.

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The infamous wing joint? I used JB on it, but I was careful NOT to get it on anything other than the parts I was joining. It will bond to metal, as that's what it was made for. I'm not sure how well it would join plastic to metal, or smooth metal like a pin. I used a VERY small amount and applied it with the tip of an exacto knife, and worked it into the crack.

It worked, and the bond holds, but it held so well that the joint started stressing at a different spot. :banghead: 

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The infamous wing joint? I used JB on it, but I was careful NOT to get it on anything other than the parts I was joining. It will bond to metal, as that's what it was made for. I'm not sure how well it would join plastic to metal, or smooth metal like a pin. I used a VERY small amount and applied it with the tip of an exacto knife, and worked it into the crack.

It worked, and the bond holds, but it held so well that the joint started stressing at a different spot. :banghead: