Breast cancer.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickback, Jun 30, 2009.

1. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

Hey KB, you and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your head up man. I know its tough.

2. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Both my wife and my own families have histories of cancer. My prayers and sympathies are with you.

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'll keep you both in my prayers, man. Good luck.

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I know exactly what you are going through. My mom survived Breast cancer. I hope all the best for your family and you'll be in my prayers.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    My thoughts are with you and your family. I pray the surgery is a complete success.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I know how you feel, I'll never forget my mother's fight with cancer....

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    I lost both my father and my Grandmother on my mom's side to cancer so i know what your dealing with , you and your mom have my prayers

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm praying for her man. And you too. The fact you are so distraught you have turned to drinking is what worries me. I'll pray that the one who can bring you peace will reveal himself to you. You will be in my prayers as you go through this.

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Your Mother is in my prayers and I hope everything works out for her.

I too lost a wonderful Grandmother and an amazing Aunt to Cancer. In it I also lost the frequent friendship of my cousin, one of my best friends in the world. We used to hang out whenever we could. Now we still get along great, it's just ever since he lost his Mom (my Aunt) he's been hurting inside and I know it is something he may never get over. Good luck Buddy.

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All you can do is hope and pray. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and it was a stressful ordeal. Keep your head on...she needs you know more than ever.

11. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    ... Don't worry, KB, everything will end up well. Regardless, I'm still praying.

12. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

13. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

Same here my friend. I too have had family go through it, and they pulled through. Determination, chins up, positive thinking, prayer, and the right attitude are necessary (I know you know that already. :)  )

Giving the best from me,
    Optimus Prime

.....don't you love TFW even more now with all this suport? :)  (tears...)

14. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

that explains some of your comments on twitter. i really hope for best case scenario for her if she has been though medical hell as of recently. good luck to her and to you.

15. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I'm sorry. :(  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

16. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Kickback, let me first tell you that mine and my families prayers are with you and your mother and wish her a very speedy recovery.

I know this has or will be said, "I know what your going through", but about two weeks ago my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer as well. She is a Stage 2 invasive carsonoma(sp.). This was not the only life altering thing that is going on with me at the moment(PM for the rest of the story), so I can tell you I'm there for you. Cancer is a cold, heartless, uncaring bitch and has no problem or remorse for taking out anybody in it's way. I always felt sad for those women who had to go through possibly losing a breast, their hair, everything. While I still am saddened, I am also proud. Proud that those women chose to live. Chose to fight. I know my mom will, so will yours.

BM

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    My wife and I will say a prayer for you and your mom. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

18. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll say a prayer for you and your mom like I do every night then cut myself when I realize you will never love me as much as I love you.

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better soon...

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Well, that was a long and taxing day.

My mom had her surgery, and they removed two of her lymphnodes from her under-arm area (where breast cancer can move to). Early results say that there is no cancer in the lymphnodes, that they could detect anyways, so it would mean the surgery was a complete success. However, the results are still going to be at the lab to determine what is next, whether or not she needs kemo, and if so, how much and for how long to knock things out.

She had a stage 1 invasive in one breast, and a stage 0 in another. So she had both breasts removed.

I think the part that keeps the family together and not falling apart is my dad. As she woke up we gave her the news that her lymphnodes appear to be fine and cancer-free, to which my dad states:

"Well honey, I got some good news and some bad news. The good news I prayed really hard and long that you'd be cancer free. The bad news is I made some promises with those prayers, and well, I'm becoming a Catholic priest in the morning."

So far, so good. Thursday/Friday will be the next big day, as we get the lab results back, both on the lymphnodes as well as exactly what cancer type(s) we were/are dealing with.

Thank you all for your wishes and prayers ... I believe they did some good today. I'm sorry if I've come across as "OMG THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME AND ONLY ME AND NO ONE ELSE MATTERS" ... because that's not the case. I'm just very close to my parents, very close even, and to see my mom, who has battled through soooooo much shit in her life, have yet another bad card dealt to her was just overwhelming. It's frustrating, to sit there and want to do something to take it all away and the realization that you can't, you really can't do shit about it.

To see my dad cry for the first time in my life, and to have my mom question her own mortality in fucking morning conversation ... it's depressing, to the point that hey, going out and having drinks was a nice way to take the edge off. Unfortunately, it became an everyday occurence for awhile (about 3 weeks), and with the good news, I hope it leads to more good news everyday.

And for those who have gone through it or are just beginning to go through it ... you have my thoughts, prayers, and my overwhelming sympathy. This shit sucks, more than anything else, because it becomes a race to see if you can kill it before it kills you, but to kill it, you pretty much have to push your body to the edge of life and death itself. And for the family members around you, who can only watch and try to offer what has to feel like empty support ("I'm here for you/I'm so sorry/I'll do everything I can" when in reality you can't do shit) ... God damn it sucks.

Thanks again guys and gals.