Breakdown: what do you think? (WARNING - SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Liam Prime, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    His death came out of nowhere, there were some unfinished plots or they could have just been decoys.

He didn't have much of any success in the show, basically he got owned by just about everyone he fought. Heck the only time BD won was so he could get captured by Mech and lose his eye. I really don't care that he's gone, but his death really made me worry that they would kill Starscream off, or any other character with unresolved plot points.

2. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have well enjoyed more Breakdown. It's a shame, after his first appearance he just become a 1 to no-liner in every ep that gets smacked around by Bulkhead. He really had potential, but I can see it now that his character was expendable enough to leave an impact, but not affect the story too much. It's a shame though, would have never guessed he was the one to get offed since he spent so much time in the background, giving us comic relief and being nice T.T

3. ChronoMagus

ChronoMagus Member

Breakdown was my favorite Decepticon so far in the show. Hopefully we will get some flashbacks with Breakdown fighting the Wreckers. With Breakdown's death maybe there will be some room for a few new additions to the Decepticon team.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'd think they'd at least keep him alive long enough to help sell some of his toys.. :lol 

I'm not 100% convinced he's gone for good. We should find out for sure next week...

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I think the writers might take a cue from the Whedonverse and do flashback or resurrection episodes involving deceased characters. I mean, they have three of the biggest stars of Firefly involved with the show. (Adam Baldwin, Gina Torres and soon, very soon, Nathan Fillion)

It wouldn't shock me in the least.

6. keetongu

keetongu Active Member

Breakdown had a breakdown so he won't we back for a while......

7. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

m.e.c.h shall rebuild him. they have the technology.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I'm just waiting for the knockout reaction, its all i care for to see right now

9. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I had just returned from the fairly gruesome Hunger Games and then saw Crossfire. As I watched I thought "Damn, but he'll replace an arm. And a head....and a leg...."

Is it just me or did Airachnid take his patch off? I didn't see it on his head.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Me, too. But on the plus side, I now feel slightly less bad about his Cyberverse toy being a Legion rather than a Commander like it should have been.

11. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was WTF? because it seemed like they were going somewhere with him. I figured they would explore his history with Bulkhead. I guess they still can, but whatever. He's gone now.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    It was a lame death, but it had to be done to show what a cunning schemer and how super awesome powerful Airachnid is.
    So yeah, it was really stupid but that happens. We'll probably never get closure on his backstory with Bulkhead, but apparently that wasnt important.

His only real role on the show anyway was punching bag for Bulkhead/Arcee/Airachnid. When you're getting beaten up by characters smaller than your arm, its time to go. The writers clearly arent interested in you.

Maybe Knockout will go all 'MY PARTNER IS DEEEEAAADD' and he'll get the most screen time of the 'Cons. I'm guessing he probably won't mention it at all though. If anyone mentions him after this I'll be surprised.

Kind of amusing that the only times they kill off a character its long before the toy is due for release. If your toy is already on shelves you're safe, anyone else should be careful.

Also the second thing I've seen recently where Adam Baldwin plays a character a section of the fanbase grow to really like, then they get an offscreen death.

As said below though, thats what happens when you have more expensive VAs. They don't get used much.

13. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I didn't read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this has been said.

If Breakdown really is dead, it was probably because Adam was to expensive. The writers probably thought "Hey let's save a few bucks and off that guy..."

Just an idea...

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I had the same thought. But who knows.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, at least he lasted longer on Angel than I expected...

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea I dont like that he is gone... but I saw it coming as he always rushed into things and was stupid enough to get trapped

17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Funny how it ends up badly for him but not for Miko or Arcee eh? ;) 

One question now is, will we be seeing another spark brother ala Dreadwing/Skyquake. I understand Prime's CGI budget really limits the number of new character designs they can put out, so wouldn't be surprised if they brought in another big bruiser 'Con.

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Wanna bet he like, doesn't give a shit at all?

19. TheosPrime

TheosPrime Complete Amateur

Ebay:
    It was a big surprise and a huge waste. I think he had a lot of story potential.

20. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I cannot get the point of Airachnid "being cool".
    She lost to BreakDown, who was killed by not very "smart" Insecticon. She is pathetic and running away all the time.