Breakdown appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sideways77, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    (Please lock if existing topic exists)

Yes, it's the topic that appreciates our favorite busier, Breakdown. Yes, our big muscular badass who met an unfortunate end So in this topic, let us appreciate our unfortunately deceased buddy, as the writers scrapped him for some shitty MECH subplot that didn't last.

So let's appreciate!

2. vatarian

vatarian Hive Princess

It's a shame he didn't recieve more time and characterization. Also, Knock's reaction to his demise was subpar, not to mention, what ever happened to his corpse? In storage somewhere? Melted down for scrap? Mounted on the wall of the med. bay?

3. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I loved Breakdown! He was such a nice guy towards the Vehicons and seems like a good Decepticon to hang out with.

Too bad he had to die though.

4. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I really liked the guy. I liked all the cons but he seemed more down to earth and his duo with knockout will be missed. Although he died by my other fav con I do hope they didn't kill him off for mech for real...cause...that would suck lol.

5. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Yeah...such a shame.

I always wondered if they killed off Breakdown because of Dreadwing? Breakdown had an honor code just like Dreadwing. Always made me think they didn't want to have two honorable Decepticons. Nuts. Maybe they would have joined up and kicked butt? XDDD

6. soundwave142

News Credits:
    breakdown with honor? lol he never had any honor he was just a nice guy lol. Going by the show breakdown kinda got himself killed by disobeyed dreadwings orders by trying to kill airachnid so soon. Felt bad with how abrupt he died to to. Crossfire didn't seem like it would have such a big thing happen but out of nowhere boom..sliced up breakdown hammer hanging from a string....

7. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Well, he does have a bit because in Operation Breakdown, instead of attacking Bulkhead who saved him from MECH, he, along with Bulkhead, helped each other escape.

May not have been like Dreadwing's, but I think there was some honor in him.

Yeah, breakdown should have listened to Dreadwing. Maybe he won't have died.

8. soundwave142

News Credits:
    just thought about it but ...why exactly did airachnid start trying to provoke him in the 1st place? and when he attacked she didn't question it at all. I wonder if she knew. pretty messed up to think about it. lol

9. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Well, Breakdown does have a bit of a temper with him. XDDDD Always ready to threw his hammer around. XD

Airachnid seems to be the type to know how to provoke certain types of people.

10. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

the short conversation with Fowler is priceless.

"Don't let me come down there and dent some engineblocks"

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Breakdown was a lovely chap. At first, we see him as merely the brute, the bruiser, Knock-Out's personal living shield and lackey. But as episodes go on, while his strength is a constant, we see a bit deeper into him than just a walking tank. When Bulkhead saved him, he returned the favour by shoving him out the way of the chopper's electric blast and was reluctant to just attack Bulkhead without further prompting from Starscream. He displayed at least a decent partnership with KO, a minor affection for Airachnid and even a brief show of respect, or at least appreciation, for the Vehicon and their workload.

In short, he was a fairly decent Decepticon- Not quite as honorable as Dreadwing and still prone to temper tantrums- but he was a decent Decepticon.

I liked his design, his vehicle mode is pretty boss, his weapons are cool and his eyepatch was pretty sweet. Good on you, Breakdown :D 

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Well said, my friend.

You forgot to mention that he's the best TFP toy ever. :D 

13. soundwave142

News Credits:
    reading this makes me feel kinda bad for the guy even more :c We need more nice guy cons like him..knockouts funny but he's still pretty sadistic lol

14. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

...breakdown was such a *s-w-e-l-l* guy

15. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This sums it up pretty well. Seems like the kind of guy you could go out drinking with and just hang out, and be glad he's on your side if a brawl breaks out. I liked the KO/BD duo, but I liked Breakdown more because he was more of a regular guy than one of the evil Cons. And yes, his figure is excellent!

16. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish he hadn't died. Breakdown was easily one of my favourite Decepticons.

17. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    breakdown was one of my favorite decepticons both in prime and ever. he was a really great character.

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    People can complain about the writing all they want, Breakdown was an awesome and likeable character. Like others have been saying, he seemed like an overall nice guy and easy to get along with. The fact that he treats the Vehicons like friends/family and not just numbers, is good enough for me. I wish we could have seen more of that. More importantly, I still hope they make a flashback episode in season 3 centered around Breakdown. It worked perfectly for Cliffjumper. Let's see more of that "history" Bulkhead mentioned.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are like a thousand random bruiser thugs in Transformers.

I can definetely say that Breakdown was my favorite. Everytime we see the Nemesis bridge with all the cons and he's not there I get sad. I wish he returns to us one day but who are we kidding? Future Breakdowns will just go back to being shitty Stunticon

20. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I'm hoping the next version of Breakdown will have his bruiser TFP build and attitude, combined with his signature paranoia (WFC did a good job with that I think).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.