Heavy/Scratch: Brawn [WIP] (Updated: 1.23.11)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, Jan 10, 2011.

1. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    With this update, I used ProCreate Professional Sculptor's Putty and filled the holes in the Cyclonus head (where the horns used to be). After that, I added putty and created a larger, wider helmet (more G1 toon style) and did a few lines in it to break up the huge lump of putty on his head. I let it dry and sanded it some to make it more smooth.

Check it out and let me know what you d00ds think:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

There we go, now the ol dome is starting to take shape.

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X pro wrestling, anti fascism

the OD is okay. What are you planning on doing with the front of the roof? That looks like a good place to mount some of those big KC lamps. (If I ever get around to doing a custom that involves them, I'm thinking those googly puppet eyes would work as a base...)

4. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm planning out a way to mount the roof so that it transforms onto his back (eliminating any partsforming). I already took care of the front of the roof, which you'll see in my next batch of pics. I'll shoot some of the alt mode so you can see that. I cut down the front grill on TFTM Landmine and used a couple of those lights and simply glued it over the area. I still need to scratchbuild the sides of the roof and do a bit to the rear end of it.

Those puppet eyes are great idea for KC lamps though!

5. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

Great work on this character hXcpunk23, the head choice and sculpt are perfect and if you can figure out how to make this piece non partsforming you would be a mad genius my friend!!

6. struecker85

struecker85 Autobot

dark green looks great can't waitt for ya to get this done and painted

7. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    After nearly 8 months, I decided to work on this a bit more (thanks to seeing Toby's recent Brawn--it inspired me to work on mine again and at least finish the build on it).

As you guys saw in my last updates months ago, I basically had the bot mode down and I was working on the truck topper/backpack. I used the hinge system from the head/chest of Universe Acid Storm, cut it down to size, then glued it in place under the topper/backpack. I used the other end to attach to the inside of Universe Hound's windshield (glued in and also drilled a tiny hole and inserted a small screw through the windshield to help hold it in place--this will be covered by a small piece of styrene sheet). As of now, this is all non-partsforming, so no messy parts floating around on ol' Brawn.

I may go back and work in another hinge of some sort to have the backpack raise up just a bit more. It doesn't interfere much, but it also doesn't let the legs go back too far. For the head, I added even more sculpting putty to round it out even more like the G1 toon and art, then sanded that some and added some very thin styrene sheet pieces to it. Once painted up, it should give the effect of raised ridges and look much better than the straight up sculpted piece did. I also scribed some small spots on it to break up the solid white styrene a bit, but it didn't turn out too well--and I kept some styrene pieces separated so that it gives the effect of scribed lines. Still need to sand it just a bit and fill those failed scribed lines. I'll either redo them or scrap that idea all together and just go with the noggin' as-is. Not much left to do, other than inspect the backpack and see if I can have it raise up a bit higher, then add the alt mode topper/backpack sides with styrene to make it a bit more solid.

Hope you guys enjoy it. I've been working to make this one different than any others we've previously seen, by way of head, chest, and backpack. It's still the Hound mold, but it's great seeing all the different takes on this character with Hound. Each one has been unique in some ways and I just thought I'd do the same and make mine that way as well.

Attached Files:

8. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i am very impressed with the lack of parts-forming you figured out

can't wait to see it all painted and detailed

and that head is looking fantatstic

9. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, man! Yeah, I knew how I wanted to do it, just wasn't sure what might work until I gave it a go. Late last night, I remembered I had a junker Acid Storm and decided to try it.....fit like a glove! (well, once I shaved some small areas on the Acid Storm cockpit piece).

As for the head, thanks! I still need to sand and smooth out a few areas, probably with some sculpting putty to fill in the small gaps around the styrene.

10. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks like another home run, Brian! I am waiting to see the finished product! :thumb  :thumb 

11. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Wouldn't happen to have some parts you want to get rid of from him would you, I'm in Need of some seeker arms for hook

But I am in awe of your sculpting skills man