Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

2. fracus

fracus Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, Artfire2000 here back with some more Brave items for sale, listed at low starting prices! Auctions end next Sunday!

artfire2000 | eBay

3. Rewind

Rewind living alien robot cassette man from space

News Credits:
    Mini pla GGG is in stock at HLJ! Go go go!!

::edit::
    Shows as discontinued again after I placed my order. Keep checking if you need one though, it showed as discontinued yesterday and in stock just a bit ago. We're in that window where cards get declined and orders cancelled so random ones could become available throughout the week.

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Yeah, I scored one during the brief "in stock" period after pre-orders are filled. Funny thing was it went on sale right afterwards, so I probably paid about $4 more than I would have otherwise. Just glad I got my order in, though. This thing is moving like hotcakes.

5. chuckdawg1999

I'm keeping my eyes on Amazon Japan, they're expecting the set in March

6. chuckdawg1999

Some sellers on Amazon Japan have it as in stock now. Obviously I can't order. Might be Ebay for me

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Just got my Hyper Buildian set in the mail. Overall it's really cool! They are definitely bigger than Brave toys and their price is all going toward the size, as there's no additional gimmicks like sounds or lights or spinning drills. The combined mode is around CW Devastator's height. He has a little leg articulation in combined mode, so he can hold a couple dynamic poses, but only a couple. He looks good both posed and static. The transformation is fun and it feels like a Brave toy in a lot of ways. The hummer's transformation and look is especially nice (though.. weird colors...). The main thing that feels missing from the set is a weapon besides the shoulder cannons and drills on the arms. Where's the Brave sword??? :)  I'm hoping a fifth bot will be released that forms a weapon for him--there's a truck bot coming out called Mega Bold who has a cannon sticking out of his chest, so fingers crossed. Other complaints: QC isn't perfect.. mine has a crack in one panel on Proud Zet, Crane's face has a mark on it, and Star Blaster's ratchet joints feel a little loose. I haven't had this issue on previous Hello Carbot toys, so it might just be my bad luck this time. Prices have already come down on these quite a bit--You can get the whole set for about $200 + shipping now from Gmarket, compared to $300 + shipping the other week. I will try to take some pictures when I get a chance.

8. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hyper Buildian vs Fire J-Decker

• Like Like x 1
  9. TRANSFANATTIC

TRANSFANATTIC K.O.llector

Finally picked up 2 of my holy grails, and both turned out to be real gems! Beyond happy with these. 100_6930.JPG 100_6944.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves

News Credits:
    Boy its been awhile. Hi guys!

Only recent news for my Brave collection was awhile back got a nice display case for the living room. Heres a pic:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rewind

News Credits:
    SMP GaoGaiGar just came in from HLJ. The pieces are gorgeous...now I just need to find time to put those pieces together! Anyone know where a busy father of two can purchase like 3 hours of uninterrupted silence? :3

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I cant wait to get mine. Although I already have the SoC I want this to fiddle with :D .

13. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I snapped together my SMP GGG. It's pretty cool. He can do Heaven and Hell with out taking off any parts from the Lion Mane. GaiGar head is a little small and the details seem a little soft but whatever. Not a big deal to me. I was going to put him next to my DStyle one but I opened the box and saw it was half built.

Here are some quick pics with my cell. Please excuse the multiple shades of gray panel lining on GaiGar I'm Just testing out the shades. Hot Rod and HMR GBP VF-1J for size. IMG_20170308_202355.jpg IMG_20170308_202722.jpg IMG_20170308_203925.jpg IMG_20170308_204232.jpg IMG_20170308_204448.jpg IMG_20170308_204808.jpg IMG_20170308_205738.jpg IMG_20170308_205957.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. chuckdawg1999

I need to get this set. A case is a complete set of four right? Nobody has extras?

15. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup that is correct

16. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

That's a pretty cool figure. Seems to be a better alternative to the SRC for people who want a smaller version than the SOC.

17. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I ordered mine off Ebay a few days ago, and I can't wait!

Although, I keep thinking: You think it would be best to try and strengthen the joints using Future Floor Polish, or are the joints already strong enough?

Because this GGG looks nice, it's transformation is great, but at the same time it's STILL a model kit, and I don't like that because model kits, for me at least, always have that fragile, light weight feeling to me- they feel too easy to break.

So I was thinking, when i get mine, I might try to strengthen it in certain areas by adding Future Floor Polish and super glue in some spots- so it's totally solid and finished like a pre-built action figure- ya know?

I want this GGG to be solid like a tank rather than fragile like a model kit.

"Why not just get the SOC then?"- Because it has diecast and I hate diecast- it chips- so no- not interested.

18. Rewind

News Credits:
    Mini Plas are a bit different from standard model kits. They are meant to be played with so are more robust and more like an actual toy when you're done.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Good to know.

What also has me worried is the stickers you have to put on the train- I'm afraid those won't hold up.

Is there any way I can strengthen them so they really stick and stay? Super glue?

20. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Are you sure you hate diecast, cause judging by your issue with it it seems that it's chrome plating that you have a problem with, not diecast. I've owned SOC GGG since it came out and i've had zero paint chipping/scraping on the diecast parts.