Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Brave, or Yuusha was a series of transforming robots in Japan that came out after the end of G1, when Transformers was dying out in popularity over there.

The toys were made by Takara and the shows were made by Sunrise (now partially owned by Bandai). Eldoran toys (which are pretty much considered "honorary Braves") were produced by Tomy. This whole thread is dedicated to these wonderful combiners.

Have a look through the pages of the thread and I'm sure there'll be more than enough to explain ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  2. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    phh can i addu to my buddy list

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To clarify a few points:
    Brave started out more or less as "Transformers, with more explosions and none of the complicated backstory" with Exkaiser. Having watched some of TF Victory I can confirm it's pretty much the same basic format for Exkaiser, except there is usually a different giant robot each week for Exkaiser and company to defeat. They're also some recurrent badguys, who are much like Victory's Dinoforce - pretty dumb, a little comical, but don't underestimate them.

As the shows progressed, they evolved the model into an entity all of its own. By Gaogaigar it became a franchise to rival Transformers.

One thing to remember, though, the eight Brave shows are not connected by any common continuity. While they do cross over in the games, those are mainly set in a "what if" universe, since many events on the shows are in the games, but play out differently.

Eldoran, or Eldran, is another series in its own right, but it shares many common traits with Brave. Raijin-oh, the first series, has more or less been adopted into the Brave stable with his recent appearance in the third Brave Saga game.
    The Eldoran shows, incidentally, share some tenuous common ground, continutiy wise. One character appears in all three shows, and there are a few other cameos between the series. No explicit connections are ever made, though.

If you look back over the thread, I've posted up (so far) mini-shoots for Dagwon, Goldran, and Might Gaine, as well as the three Eldoran series. I've also linked to a gallery I did a little while back, with CMs Corporation's awesome Genesic Gaogaigar.
    More galleries to come soon, I'm currently relocating my collection in my room in anticipation of a couple of new TFs, but once that is settled, I'll be doing J-Decker.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Im looking back on this thread and Im in amazement of all the great toys and toy photos. I seem to remember one with MP Exkaiser and some other new masterpiece toy from another series. Anyone else remember the pic?

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got an email from TakTom today asking to vote if I'd like that toy. Apparently when they get 2000 votes they decide to go ahead.

To vote you need to be a mamber of their Hobby Shop site (I am not). If they go ahead the set will be out in October :) 

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There're a couple of upcoming / already out MP Braves.
    There's the pair from Exkaiser, MPB-1 King Exkaiser and MPB-2 Dragon Kaiser, who merge to form Great Exkaiser.
    There's the CMs Corporation Brave Gokins as well. So far, they're up to four. 1 is Gaogaigar, 2 is Star Gaogaigar (sold as both a set and also an upgrade to 1), 3 is Genesic Gaogaigar, 4 is God Raijin-oh. They've also done a DX version of the Genesic who is a bit taller, and a heck of a lot pricier.
    Coming up from them is Gaofighgar, who'll be the fifth in the series. They're also making the Dimension Pliers, which won't be a Gokin release, but will be fully compaitible with all four of the Gaogaigars they've mass released.

As far as pics go, I'm uncertain which one you mean, but I'll root about over at Perfect Cannon and see if I can dig up something that looks right.

7. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Back home from uni for a few days, so finally got to open my CM GGGG and Aquarion (the newer blacker one) too.

Aquarion, whilst not a brave, rocks! though i can;t disconnect the two that fit togther by usinng two slots and two long bits.

GGGG is fucking amazing, though he has a little trouble standing up for me! There will be pics when i'm properly back in a few weeks, or maybe one or two tomorrow, we'll see!...

8. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. Chaos Convoy

News Credits:
    check this out. I found this on 2chan today. (the WIP pic i found a few weeks ago)

a scratch built, transforming Pia Decem Pit/Peak!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just tug. The prongs are die-cast, and the connector block is pretty solid, so there should be no risk breaking it. It's just a really solid connection.

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

thanks Sol. Dont go out of your way, but if you happen to stumble across it let me know.

:thumb 

12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

WHOA.

This is so fucking awesome. I remember when I was, like, 5 I had a lot of these toys. I had TOTALLY forgot about this, and then I saw this thread and billions of GREAT childhood memories came back!

Does anyone have any pictures of this combiner that I haven't seen here? I have no idea what his name is, but he's a spcae shuttle and some kind of blue airplane. I might be wrong, but the blue airplane was the "body" and the space shuttle turned into the "armor," and there were lots of smaller, less-pricey versions of these two guys. I know this sounds a lot like Victory Saber, but I assure you it's not him.

I have a special place in my heart since I had the space shuttle dude, but I could never find the blue airplane dude (could've been some kind of futuristic F-14).

*nostalgic tear*

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sounds like Granbird & Fighbird, which would love to own both.

CMS has a new Fighbird coming out
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=CMS10011&mode=retail

Sol Fury may have both. Hopefully he'll throw up some pics and a
    cool run-though on their history (like he usually does, SF rawks!)

14. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^Yes! Wow. THAT is the toy I was talking about! I remember I'd transform the space shuttle into the "armor," but pretend the airplane dude was in there anyway. I remember agonizing over pictures of the combined guy, sad that I didn't have the plane dude in order to finish the transformation.

Anyone got pics of the space shuttle and airplane dude, separate, and in bot/alt modes?

16. Chaos Convoy

News Credits:
    http://www1.megaegg.ne.jp/~katchy/brave/fibird.htm
    http://www1.megaegg.ne.jp/~katchy/brave/grabird.htm

17. Zyking

Zyking The normal abnormal guy

That GGGG is pure awesome. I saw your entire gallery and quickly decided that he is a must buy! :wink: 

How much is he going for MIB/MISB these days? £150-200 or so? And is he available at any stores these days or is eBay the best bet to look for him perhaps?

Anyhow, you have a nice gallery, it really does show all the angles of this awesome figure. :cool: 

18. Chaos Convoy

News Credits:
    They have him at BBTS for 199 USD.

19. Zyking

Zyking The normal abnormal guy

199 USD at BBTS isnt too bad. Thanks for the heads up. :thumb 

Heh, I guess I should have checked the stores a little more, but my mind has a way of being lazy sometimes. :wink: 

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A word of caution about the Genesic GaoGaigar, or any of CM's offerings, for that matter. Overall, they're pretty much glorified display pieces. While it looks really nice, it's reportedly not very sturdy, even downright fragile in some places. You can transform it and all, but don't expect to get any real play out of it.