Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There's a super sale going on right now from the guy I get mine from. Im talking $15 misb Goldymargs and 25$ Gekiryujin sets .
    Most of the big guys are going for 30$.
    Shippind depends where you live

http://stores.ebay.com/Robots-Are-Here

This may be the cheapest anyone will find those molds.
    Just snagged a Police JDecker, Goldymarg & Gekiryujin from him. I think he has 3 of ea in stock.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's why I passed him up. I regret to a certain extent in my purchase of CM GGG...

By the way, thanks for the link Chaos! Going to ask the seller some questions! :D 

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dang, where was this guy back when I wanted a Goldymarg? Those prices are a steal for those guys, especially Gekiryujin, since his two members are both Mega / Voyager sized anyway.

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I just got my first Brave figure on Saturday. Got a Figh Bird for a really good price. I believe it's the Korean version. I'll get pics up soon.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh oh!

BR-05 Great Goldran

<i>EDIT: Forgot to mention what the item was!</i>

6. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ouch, which item is that? BR-5 Great Goldran? Seems a silly move given Goldran was, financially, the most successful series with the target demographic.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Yo, Sol, Do tou have that Sky Gary recolor from Brave? I'm considering it for my birthday and I want an opinion

8. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    On one hand, that SUCKS about Goldran. On the other hand, I have different fingers. HA! God, I'm a nut. Seriously though, on the other hand my wallet is breathing a sigh of relief! Not that I really had any money to get it anyway.

-Shifty

9. Chaos Muffin

That sucks about Goldran.

Here's the loose 10$ Gunkid I got off eBay.
    No bullets though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

that's kind of a letdown. Maybe they will end up releasing Gold Goldran anyway.

11. Colorflash

Colorflash European Variant

ZincPanic says this:
    Which sounds more like there are two BR-05 releases. One entirely chromed in gold, and the regular one. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, though...

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Descaligun / Death Garry Gun? Yep, I got him. One of the first Braves I got after Fighbird, he's maybe the third or fourth one.

He's an awesome piece, very well built and very solid. Minimal poseability in robot mode, but his arms do allow for a little sideways posing and I guess you could modify the head to turn easily enough.
    Vehicle mode is very fun. Descaligun comes with three Microtrailers, as opposed to the one his TF cousin has. They can clip together and form a cargo unit, which can be attached in the middle of the vehicle mode. The vehicle mode can extend or compress to comforably fit all three, none, and any number in between. Very nice. The trailers of course can fit any Micromaster and quite a few Minicons, and Descaligun comes with a repaint of Sky Garry's own Minicon, as well as two little PVC drone soldiers.
    His base mode is also present and correct, and he even comes with a Micromaster base ramp, so you can attach the guy to, say, your reissue Star Convoy or any other Micromaster base you happen to own.

Well worth it if you can get him for a decent price, I got mine for something like $40 before shipping.

Some pics:

[​IMG]

Robot mode, with all the different parts he comes with.

[​IMG]

Carrier mode with all three trailers attached. There's actually a button which you can use to drop them (the front and rear push in slightly when all three are attached so they don't just fall off by accident). That's another fun feature of this guy.

[​IMG]

More of carrier mode, this time I've opened the cockpit so you can see the Micromaster riding inside (he comfortably fits even with his backpack so I think almost anyone will fit in there!)

[​IMG]

The base mode. Probably the weakest mode, but it is still pretty fun with the different stations, and the ability to link up with any Micromaster base is also cool, if you've got any.

WEll, it's possible, but then again I took it to mean the vintage one being "the regular one". Since Sonokong are still producing vintage style Goldrans, Takara would need to do something a bit special. Perhaps its just the fact its such a darn big set that's making them stick with it as an online only thing. Anyone know how much the Great Might Gaine Perfect Mode boxed set sold, or if it shelfwarmed?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Thanks, Sol. I decided against getting it because I dont have 2 extra arms and legs to pay for shipping on it. I'll keep in mind that it is worth getting when I have more cash.

14. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Okay, now for a much-delayed look at the rest of Goldran!
    Goldran was the kiddiest of the Brave shows, and also, financially, the most successful, as it managed to find the winning combination of action, humour, and adventure for the young kids that the show targeted.
    The story is pretty basic - a trio of friends find a "Power Stone" which gives them control of a robot named Dran. But the main villain of the first half of the series, Walzack, wants the robots to further his own ambitions, so a race to recover them all first starts up. I don't know much more about the series than that bare bones account, since its one of the two shows that haven't even had the first couple of episodes translated yet. Apparently the group doing Da Garn will do this one further down the line when they finish that show. Anyhow...

[​IMG]

Kaiser, Leon, Gorgon, Sokrage and Dran, all in their alt forms where appropriate. The "Golden" team all have red Power Stones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/Dran.jpg

Leon and Dran, in robot mode. Random Goldran fact #2, Dran is a family bot! His wife and three daughters turn up in one of the later episodes, as well as having a cameo in the second Brave Saga game.

[​IMG]

Leonkaiser, formed by Leon merging with Kaiser. Sokrage, who just transforms from bird to robot. Goldran himself, formed by Dran merging with Gorgon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/SkyGoldran.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/SkyLeon.jpg

Sokrage, whose name literally translated means "Sky Shadow", can merge with either Leonkaiser or Goldran to form their Sky forms. While Sky Goldran is featured very prominently in the show, I don't think Sky Leonkaiser ever actually appeared on screen - the Brave Fighter Memorial artbook, which has animation models for literally every Brave ever shown on screen, omits him completely. Also, tellingly, you can't play as Sky Leonkaiser in the Brave Saga games, but you can play as Sky Goldran from the moment Goldran joins you.

[​IMG]

Combined, all three make Great Goldran. His main weapon is "Golden Archery", a devastating arrow launched from his bow.

[​IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/SilverVM.jpg

The Silver Knights are the main support team who back up Goldran. L to R, Drill Silver, Fire Silver, Star Silver, and Jet Silver. A little awkward in their robot modes, but they have their charm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/Silverion.jpg

Jet, Star, and Drill Silver were introduced early on, so they merge to form Silverion. Their shields and weapons form a larger shield and lance for Silverion. Hmmm, does anyone else think the shield looks a little like the Skyboom?

[​IMG]

Once Fire Silver is found, he combines with the other three to form God Silverion. The Silver Knights sport green Power Stones.

[​IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/ADRM1.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/ADVM.jpg

Advenger is a stand alone robot, so he doesn't combine with anyone else. He's the team's main transport on their adventures, and in train mode is capable of flight (!). To make up for his lack of combining, he has several dozen missile launchers, a gattling gun, an AK-47 type rifle, a chest emitter, and a whole lot of ammo. His Power Stone is blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahoy mateys! Captain Shark is by far the coolest looking out of all the Braves. His design is so wonderfully unique! What's more, check out his headsculpt:

[​IMG]

The Cap'n is one of the big plot twists of Goldran. Part way through the series, a new enemy emerges, one far worse than Walzack ever was. During one battle, Walzack finds himself stranded on the moon - with the final Power Stone! Captain Shark himself apparently has a very BB from Beast Wars Second persona - when Walzack takes command of him, he even cosplays as Captain Harlock!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/1995 Goldran/CSHyperBazzoka.jpg

Captain Shark does not combine with any others, like Advenger, but he can use Advenger as a Hyper Bazooka. As well as the "Miracle Formation" which I showed off last week, he can hold it on his own.
    Captain Shark has a golden Power Stone. There's actually two on him, one is on the front of the shark itself, the other on the head. I'd imagine the one on the snout is the main one.

The series has a few noteworthy opponents. Pre-Captain Shark, Walzack pilots a mecha that looks an awful lot like Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask.
    Sky Garry, repainted as Descaligun, appears as a recurrent bad guy in the series. Later on, he gets an upgrade to counter Great Goldran (conjecture on my part, I'm not sure what the deal with the upgrade is but I'd imagine that'd be the reason).
    One who never made it as a toy was Zanzorigan, better known to us Transformers fans as Scorponok! Yep, Scorponok was redesigned for the show. A small image of him is shown on the front of one of the catalogues, but I think, like many other Brave villains, he was never intended to grace toy boxes.
    Then there is the last opponent at the end of the series. No clue who he is or what his deal was, but he sure looks an awful lot like RiD Megatron (in fact I personally think RiD Megatron / CR Gigatron drew inspiration from this one).

One last, honourable mention goes to the mech that Walzack's girlfriend pilots. I don't have a picture, but bear with me. It's... a rabbit. An 80 foot tall rabit, in a blowse, with a basket over one arm. That launches carrots that act like the Dragoons of Strike Freedom Gundam.
    She's also got a hammer.
    Yes, you do fight her in one of the most offbeat levels of the Brave Saga games!

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    A member of Robot Japan and Toybox DX.com, Gold just posted these great videos from the GGG playsation game, they show a new tool and and King J-der using the Goldion hammer,

Some more unseen weapons can be seen here,
    http://www.goshouworld.com/GaoGaiGar/mecha_tools.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Wow, those are new to me! Silverion Hammer, heh. If only King J Der could do that for real.

17. Chaos Muffin

18. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    What searches do you guys use on eBay? I can never find anything unless I have a seller's name or I use a specific figure name

19. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I tend to search by the series name (Gaogaigar, Might Gaine, Dagwon, etc), that tends to pull up a fair few results. Searching for the name of the Brave helps, though not for all of them since quite a few seem to have inherited their Korean names.
    As far as sellers go, Liqdeal is good, if pricey. Chaos linked to another seller he uses a few posts back who has insanely good deals on some of his Braves, including Gekiryujin!

20. Chaos Muffin

I type in 'Brave Transformers' but usually it's mostly toyarena (liqdeal), robotsrme or Snarls shop

May have better luck of finding the true originals in the Japan auctions. But be prepared to spend ALOT for them.
    I love the Korean Sonokong versions. Same thing basically, just different packaging.

There's a great Fighbird going for 60$
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DX-Great-Sun-Gu...QitemZ6058430552QQcategoryZ4694QQcmdZViewItem