Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Info is pretty scarce so far. Here's the official info from Dengeki, Google translated.

1000003826.jpg

However, lots of signs on the toy point to "yes". Lots of "mainline TF" type stuff throughout:
    • Solid fists, with 5mm apparent holes
    • Visible mushroom peg opening slots.
    • Wheels in King Exkaiser's feet remain visible
    • Hollow thighs in Exkaiser
    • Visible screws all over.
    1000003821.jpg 1000003822.jpg

Also, genuinely curious, I felt GSC was already far more on the "playable toy" side of things. Lots of bare plastic, straight forward articulation, simple transformations, easy to handle, etc. Especially Might Gaine and Kaiser.

What do you feel could be more playable?

Last edited: May 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's amazing how in the world of high-end figures that have so many quality finishing touches and minor details and moving parts to achieve the most of accuracy and aesthetics, the idea of updates that are more akin to toys you can actually play with excites me greatly.

I mean they'll still just end up on a shelf most of their lives, but the fact that this seems to be a consideration is fantastic. Reminds me of 2010-era Transformers toys that were doubling as both collector quality pieces and mainline retail toys.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Guiding Light

Guiding Light Well-Known Member

The more I look at that Exkaiser, the more I wonder how he's gonna fit into the chest cavity. Clearly, he won't fit in the traditional way so I'm wondering if he's gonna fold up and just get shoved in.

4. Sixshot the six changer

Sixshot the six changer Aka Three Erasers

I honestly wouldn't mind actually. The original design made it darn near impossible to get articulation in there but I think this new approach will work for the better.

• Like Like x 5
  5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm gonna guess he's going to fold up and protrude a bit into the backpack. I don't see any of him visible in that torso. Which is fine for me, we had the DX and MP to retain the "armour up" combination scheme, so something less accurate but more functional isn't a bad alternative IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  6. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I feel like theres hope for mp style brave carbots.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

This is the single most important part of generational fanbases. Sure that SoC/MP display of our favorite character ever is wonderful to look at but it isn't very encouraging to for a child to always be told they can look at the expensive toy but never play with it. Now if they have a good enough version they can play with and bash to their heart's content, this isn't an issue. Problem is for Brave this means you either have the OG DX in storage, got a sweet deal on eBay, or you lucked out that one of the expensive modern offerings is tough enough for that abuse (for the record, Kotobukiya Super Build Tiger is one such tank).

This new line fixes that issue.

• Like Like x 6
  8. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Dad Tomy finally let Takara play with their toys.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    That Genesis GaoGaiGar is so cool. All the GGG toys I’m familiar with and own are high-end display pieces, yes they can be played with to some extent, but given what they cost and how delicate certain parts are, it’s not a toy you can pick up and mess with like – a Transformer for example.

So if I’m reading things right this is essentially that – a deluxe toy, about 20cm tall, simplified in certain ways and not entirely accurate, but it’s a toy you can mess with freely. That’s very cool. Especially since its Genesic – everyone would’ve expected regular GGG, and we might get that one too, but starting off with this one is awesome.

Very excited to hear more about it and of course, to have it in my hands!

Bravern is a cool surprise too, but I already have the GSC-one on pre-order. And I doubt it will top that one since I don’t expect features like swappable faces here which I consider essential for Bravern. But, I personally am not interested in upgrading that GSC figure into Bang Bravern, since I want to display Bravern in his default form more. So if this Takara release is a set with Bang Dragon, then I might bite to experience both molds and display them together as Bravern and Bang Bravern.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Which makes sense. Genesic never got a proper "DX" toy, nor an intended supplement like the SHE GaoFighGar. It's always lacked a "low-end" figure so-to-speak.

Though I bet it won't have a "low-end" price. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    All over this and hoping regular Gaogaigar, Might Gaine and Goldran are in the works. Also Red Geist just out of curiosity to see how Takara would go about it.

I think this line is basically the line aimed at the kids who grew up with the old lines Takara made. I noticed the Votoms Scopedog they showed was 1/48 scale like some of the old Votoms toys they released.

This is the closest to Missing Link Braves so far so I’m excited to see more.

Last edited: May 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GSC's Braves are definitely very fun and playable to an extent, but still have a foot in the premium super robot toy category where you should really be careful while handling them so you don't break any really thin pointy bits or scratch what paint is there. Not a knock against them at all, I have all of them so far and will keep supporting the line because I love it.

This Exkaiser full on looks like a generations toy which is basically just even more fun and playable, like if Exkaiser somehow got a Haslab. As someone who was first introduced to Brave through the insanely fun toys (via KOs as a kid in the 90s), having fun Brave toys is just as appealing as it gets to me.

• Like Like x 7
  13. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I swear if TT announced Eldran bots, I'm gonna lose my shits.

• Like Like x 3
  14. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Takara doing Brave toys again? It’s a miracle and it’s not even Christmas!

Hope Exkaiser is just the first of many.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I’ve already lost mine and need more

• Like Like x 3
  16. Datsun87

The closest thing we have to a "low-end" Genesic is the Master Action posable figure. Thing is the joints on those disintegrate over time so if you want something suitable for a child to play with, you'll have to get the pin drill, paper clips, and super glue out. That's a shit ton of effort for what amounts to a slightly posable cake topper.

Seems like the kid's kids to me. Daddy puts the big ass and expensive robot behind locked glass but kiddo can happily knock around the smaller, more playable, version.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    No it won't :lol 

But it will be worth it, to have a Genesic that feels more "fun" in-hand, one that I can take apart and put back together within a single minute, just a fun, simple toy to play with. Super hyped for this guy.

18. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup Generations styled support Brave teams too.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Datsun87

I can say with 100% certainty that Generations style Battle Bomber would be the single greatest CHUG entry Takara could ever produce for me. Lion chested triple changer gestalt? Hells yeah, I'll take your entire stock!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I just finished my RG GaoGaiGar, and just got my second Super Minipla in the mail and this is the news I missed yesterday? I feel i'm gonna have a heart attack from stuff being like this

• Like Like x 3