Brave Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by TwoKingMick, Jan 15, 2006.

1. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Hey all. I've been living in south korea for a few weeks now and have a few questions. I'm seeing brave toys everywhere for reasonably good prices. Just wondering are any of them any good? I've found Might Gaine, Great Da Garn, Fightbird, The lion/drill/stealth bomber guy, the police guy who looks like exgiser, sevenchanger. Anybody have any reccomendations, or know of any review websites?

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    you'll find a bunch of fans of the brave series here. I really like might gaine, captain shark, and the guys in the picture below. I have all of the different trainbots, but a word of warning--they're very similar, so you might just want to find the one you like the most. I'm sure you'll hear a bunch of other suggestions as well.

[​IMG]

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.geocities.com/evattype01/

Not sure which were or weren't available from Sonokong (I know not all were) but as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with any of these:

Ultra Raker
    Super Guardian
    Land Bison
    Pegasus Saber
    Might Gaine
    Might Kaiser
    Battle Bomber
    J Decker
    Super Build Tiger
    Goldran / Leon Kaiser / Sokrage
    Shadow Dagwon
    Choryujin
    Genryujin

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sonokong's got all the Braves in production, or has had them in production in the last few years, except for Exkaiser, Ultra Raker, God Max, Dynoguyst / Dinogeist, and also Dagbase. Some of the rest are harder to find than others, though.
    As far as recommendations go, Pegasus Saber is one of the most original and innovative designs ever. He is a partformer, but he rocks so much because of that.
    Super Guardion is one that holds a place close to my heart as well. The individual bot modes are quite original, the initial combined form very imposing, the powered up form visually different enough to make him fun.
    Fighbird himself is another good one, very nice jet mode and neither mode has too many parts from the other mode left over (rear of the head is visible in jet mode, wings on his ankles in robot modes). Plus, combined with Granbird, his Great Fighbird form is big, and visually very impressive.
    Da Garn X is another favourite of mine, as are the Goldran trio. The three main Goldran mecha, in particular, boast very impressive - and shiny - robot modes, plus a bucketload of playability.
    Heh, I could probably go on forever recommending each and every Brave on their good points. This site, organised chronologically by series on the left, has pictures of all the Braves. Hopefully, that can give you an idea of which designs you might want to pick up. To get the most out of the bigger ones, though, I recommend getting all the combiner parts.

5. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Very strange. I found a three robot combiner today, packaged in official sonokong fightbird packaging. Its a wolf, eagle, and dragon thing that combine into a large jet, which turns into a robot. Its pretty similar in colour and design to fightbird himself but i can't place it on any of those sites! Abybody any advice?

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This one?
    http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/toys/doraias.html

That'd be Draias, the arch-enemy of Fighbird. A malicious energy lifeform who arrived on Earth, seeking "Minus Energy", and teamed up with a mad scientist who is the rival of the main scientist who helped build and maintain the Fighbird mecha. He's a pretty cool character, as well as a fun toy.

7. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I bought myself a King Exkiser a couple of weeks ago at Forbidden Planet in London - only cost me £40 too!! Not sure how that compares to other places, but am hoping they may get in masterpiece King Exkiser by my next visit!!