Brave Robotics makes a 1/12 scale Transforming robot... and it's for sale!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Leemaster777, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    So, I couldn't find a similar thread to this anywhere, so forgive me if I'm late to the party, but this is a thing that MUST be shared with my fellow Transformer fans.

I have just learned that a company called Brave Robotics has built a fully functional, self-transforming robot, and is now accepting orders to purchase it.

Here's a link to the Escapist article where I learned about this:

The Escapist : Forums : The News Room : Buy a Real, Working, Yet Tiny, Transformer

My jaw hit the floor when I watched the second video. That thing looks AMAZING. I'm absolutely dead certain that I will never, ever be able to afford such an amazing creation, but that thing makes me drool.

So, show of hands, who here would actually pony up the cash to buy one of those things?

2. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ok that is pretty baddass but good lord the price tag, not to mention the amount of time needed to make sure every circuit is complete and working properly before actually trying to transform it.

3. Che

Che Well-Known Member

That's amazing!!!

So, how long more for a 1/1 scale? :D 

Funny how the text says it is a "knock-off Autobot", haha.
    So, yet another 3P company cheapening the hobby... :rolleyes: 

4. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

pretty awesome!! didn't read through anything, just watched the video--what was the price??

bucket

5. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

All I can say is, :jawdropper:  This is my dream. Only because as an engineer I have to know how they did it. And yes, I am totally in for shelling out the money for this instead of collecting non-working transformers for the next two or three years.

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't find a price anywhere other than "ask" on their site, I dunno if I want to. D: I adore this project though.