Brand New Trailer For Transformers: Robots In Disguise Animated Series

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

But seriously... I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Knowing that the creators of Prime are onboard helps to ease my fears, but until I see the first episode I'm going to try and hold off on extensive hyperbole. Does look promising.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the look of this. I just hope it avoids the negatives that Prime went through.

3. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Transformers Facebook page.

"The first official trailer for Transformers: Robots in Disguise is now online! Get your first look at the story and characters from 2015's brand new Transformers animated series. And keep your eyes peeled, because there's even more Robots in Disguise goodness headed your way this week!"

Sounds to me like NYCC is going to be fun!

4. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I'm very lukewarm about this right now. Firstly, because I'm kind of disappointed we don't have any existing members of the previous incarnation, aside from Bumblebee. Where's Arcee, Smokescreen, and Wheeljack? I can see them being brought by Bee to Earth to help, since they were warriors.

Bulkhead we saw was busy directing Vehicons in the rebuilding of Cybertron, and Ultra Magnus I can see is left commanding Cybertron, while Knock-Out is doing science-y stuff like restarting generators or something. Ratchet was also bouncing back and forth from Earth and Cybertron. The Predacons are, well I dunno, but I'd gather they prefer to remain away from the Autobots and Vehicons.

5. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Defender of the Ark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Move to CN - This series will either be decent and be dropped after 13 episodes, or will suck ass catering to 5-8 year olds, and flourish for years.

6. Una

Una Well-Known Member

It seems Strongarm wants to be like a leader just like Bumblebee. So maybe she is going to be like a protege, perhaps? Going by what she saying to Bumblebee. And the mini-bot? Hmmm... not bad. The red bot (Sideswipe?) seems all right.

I actually liked the trailer.

7. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I have no delusions that would happen. It just would have been a nice carry-over from Prime to have Knock Out working through being an Autobot (where, technically, he would be a rookie)… but I don't think this series is meant to have that kind of character development for good or ill.

8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Bumblemus Prime :lol  I.....can't......too.....funny:lol :lol 
    I've been sick with Flu all week, feeling horrible. Laughter truly is the best medicine, and that name made me smile. Thanks You.:) 

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might be decent, but then again I thought that about the creative team's last show...

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    So grim lock turns into Godzilla. So far it looks good. I just with bee had 1 returning friend with him.

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It's a new Transformers cartoon so of course I'm looking forward to it. That said, this is why I take issues with Hasbro; why is it we have Rescue Bots for kids and then this show also for kids? I get that RB is for a younger audience but do you really think the tone from this show will be much different. It's like having G1 for kids then another show for kids too.

Anyway, I enjoyed Prime and it's probably my second favourite behind Armada. I'm glad the series gets a sequel.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Hope Arcee comes to earth eventually. Need more femmebots (TOYS!!!)

13. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks good. But it's on CN. That means the show dies at the end of Season 1 at 5am or something.

Young Justice. Green Lantern. Beware the Batman. The biggest question really is why Hasbro wants to do business with those people again. CNs track record is pretty much the worst. Why take the risk?

14. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really liking the designs in this show, except for grimlock because:
    - too friendly face on both beast and robot modes; they could use the more agressive face from the toy
    - the robot body is an exact copy of foc generations toy, or at least the arms are... we need some changes sometimes...

plus, I have the bad feeling grimlock will not be the brute and challenging grimlock we all know and love

I also do not like the animation on the humans and the planet earth environments... the cybertron ones look great throught

I think that even with those "minus points" (for me, not for all), I am going to really like this show

by the way, is it me or the werewolf con looks exactly like shockwave, but with two normal arms and a new head?
    fixit said there are hundrets of cons on the ship, but in the computer we only see about 6-7 shadows before it starts all over again... and in the first trailer we saw several cons that looked like the same... so we may have a rotf constructicon thing here...

but they seem to be predacons, so we can think that they are all diferent exemplars from the same "species"...

15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    oh geez. those designs. so terrible. so, so terrible.

i don't know what's worse, Sideswipeicorn, Grimbulkheadlockzilla or T-BobWheelie.

(admittedly, Bumblebee's pretty nice.)

And i have less than no interest in Hasbro's desire to make Bee a "leader character". You have such a rich history of Alternate leader characters that have gone fallow in the "it's all about Prime and Bee" era.

SMH.

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Looks fine to me. Feels like a natural evolution of Prime and Animated.

17. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Strictly speaking,but is Optimus suppose to still be dead and Bee is now the new leader.I honestly never thought I'd see the day,even tho its only Bumblebee.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon This place ain't what it used to be...

News Credits:
    Welcome back, A/E/C/RiD kidlet cheese.

19. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    so hyped!!

oh god not the repetitive prime transformation noise again. what, four times in this trailer alone?
    grimlock's robot face is painfully generic and his t rex arms are... wrong.
    what's with the decepticons all being animals? this feels like the movies all over in that department...
    strongarm is awesome. hope she gets a deluxe.
    hope bumblebee doesn't suffer from S4 rodimus syndrome where every episode he manages to mourn about how he's not optimus.

20. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

I'll give it a shot, especially since Grimlock is in it